who will have the first trail limited for our enjoyment over christmas

BlakeBouch

looks like some trails up around Hearst are now showing limited on the OFSC map

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this off of the Almaguin (Burk's Falls, Kearney area) website today.

The Almaguin District Snowmobile Club Homepage

The Almaguin District Snowmobile Club is Ontario's ultimate snowmobile destination. ADSC members strive to make the Almaguin Highlands the best in snowmobiling.

This extensive trail system offers mixed riding experiences with scenic tree-lined trails, frozen lakes and breath-taking views of snow-clad hills and valleys. The local businesses offer a variety of products and services catering to the needs of the snowmobiler.

December 22nd 2012 10:52 AM

Going out after lunch with the packers on the Huskys and see what it is like. Will likely let it settle and wait for some frost to get in and freeze wet spots. Will be out in full force on Boxing Day, also our Centaur shows up next week to pack the swamps!! With a bit of luck we will have some trails open for next weekend!

December 22nd 2012 7:41 AM

Looks like we may have gotten 8-10 inches of snow last night, to windy to tell for sure. Definitely looks like winter this morning -8C and still snowing and lots of cold weather next week. Will start to pack and get trails ready as soon as things settle down. Lots of area bush road and winter road running for the holidays. Stay Tuned!

good news

good news

Going to load the trailer and book in at sliversands. No more zero, zero on the odometer.

Going to load the trailer and book in at sliversands. No more zero, zero on the odometer.

I thought you posted that you already had some klicks on the new sled??????

I thought you posted that you already had some klicks on the new sled??????

What sled? I don't see no sled!

He has a hologram in the garage.

Checked the trail guide this morning and Centre Hastings SC has 40km of trails posted as limited.

E106 from hwy in Marmora up too Lingham lake area and their club trail the running from E108 up in to Madoc and up to E106. That's right at my Dax's house so I may have to go for a ride once I dig out this morning.

As well south of Ottawa there looks to be a bunch open today now as well.

Yea heading to cochrane in morning

east side of the seguin trail is listed as limited on the OFSC map

east side of the seguin trail is listed as limited on the OFSC map

Racer 12 and wild bill are holding the report back on the west side. Lol great news.

This end needs more snow you hit rocks and gravel with your carbides yet.

I thought that is why you are on the west side. Thanks for the update. Really enjoyed my ride down the trail last winter.

This end needs more snow you hit rocks and gravel with your carbides yet.

Set up trailside with carbides for sale as they come off the trail for the day. Good for business.

Just checked the trail map, and it has a trail from Kawartha lakes to Kinmount listed as 'Open' (green). How is this possible? when places like North Bay, or Parry Sound dont even have trails listed as limited? Is there a different standard to meet farther North?

Just checked the trail map, and it has a trail from Kawartha lakes to Kinmount listed as 'Open' (green). How is this possible? when places like North Bay, or Parry Sound dont even have trails listed as limited? Is there a different standard to meet farther North?

It's the Rail Bed. There's no swamps, huge rocks, etc.

I also belive that the ATV club takes pretty good care of this, so as long as there's a base of snow and it's packed...open 'er up.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Anyone been riding their yet? Or planning on going?

Ganny is posted as limited as well today.

The south got more snow than the Parry Sound area

Whats the base looking like in Parry Sound? I looked at some pictures of MacTier on the weather network for the winter of 2008, and there was snow above stop signs!!!

I went to cochrane over christmas and it was fantastic

Take a look at dist 6 most clubs are slowly getting trail opened . We have lots of snow . Our big problem is burn out we have trees down all over makes the ice storm look like a picnic. Clubs are getting heavy equipment in to go ahead of groomer with men to clear trail. Anyone interested in helping I know Eganville Sno drifters are going to try again saturday jan 5 to get the top e102 open . Last try was 8 1/2 hours to go 10 miles on this trail most of that was old rail bed .

Archived