who will have the first trail limited for our enjoyment over christmas

BlakeBouch

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0E9zCpiijMgnaJgnXv6OWSfQy70xZR3kq

the link above is RWS riding today out here :

:icon_photo:

If I had my engine in I would be riding too :):icon_snow:

You could have put 4 engines in by now. Quit posting and get er done bud.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you say that/ Cause you changed your mind that many times now?

Why do you say that/ Cause you changed your mind that many times now?

Just three times. Was going to get a 1200, then couldn't pass up the savings and benefit of the etec (hopefully not e junk). It is home safe and sound awaiting it's first joy ride.

We all go through this stress every year close to the first ride.

Snow will come. It's stressful waiting. I rode last Winter on December 15 at Haliburton Forest. Right now that looks like it will be miles away.

That could all change in days.

We all go through this stress every year close to the first ride.

Snow will come. It's stressful waiting. I rode last Winter on December 15 at Haliburton Forest.

Right now that looks like it will be miles away.

That could all change in days.

Except when we get 2 meters in 8 hours and can't go any where. Now that I have a long track that won't happen.

patience :) lots of it, broke a grease tit on the rear skid while greasing it so I have to take it out again and get a zerk welded back, gotta borrow a torque wrench for my magneto, and buddy is out town til next weekend, besides the snow is here to stay

patience :) lots of it, broke a grease tit on the rear skid while greasing it so I have to take it out again and get a zerk welded back, gotta borrow a torque wrench for my magneto, and buddy is out town til next weekend, besides the snow is here to stay

Yes..you are right..the snow is here to stay..the same snow in Winnipeg since the Jets were there the last time.

Anybody have any input from Kirkland lake or up north. Have you guys lost a lot of snow?

Yes..you are right..the snow is here to stay..the same snow in Winnipeg since the Jets were there the last time.

Kaching LOL good one Fred :D

I see the muskokas is supposed to get some cold weather with a bit of snow. I am guessing you guys need at least a foot of snow to start packing?

That's no good. Well hopefully you guys get the snow then. Because it looks like the cold will return.

When I found out you were out for this year anyway, I called the office in Dub to ask about the club. I found out that there will be no grooming to the Magpie or to complete any loops. Only the Trunk trails will be groomed to connect for touring riders per the OFSC. That is really sad since Dub used to be a hub for many trails and made many loops possible. A few who know our way will still be able to run local trails until the snow gets too deep, but riders using a map and new to the area will be confined to taking the main trail back and forth. That means you are a connector trail club now. I hope Wawa can keep some of their loops.

Why does the interactive map show trails which have already been banned from grooming by the OFSC? I think the map should show exactly what is real. Why show trails which will never be groomed due to OFSC district orders ????

It's not the OFSC... it's the District.... the info has not got to the OFSC for them to take it off. The trail to the magpie will be groomed after having to ask for it and making a stand. I told the club to say they needed to have it and to groom it stand up for it. why would a local rider by a permit if that trail was not groomed.

Its too bad that you guys have had to cut down your trail system

Haliburton Forest and Wildlife Centre, seems like I've been there between Xmas and New Years over the last few years...

Haliburton Forest and Wildlife Centre, seems like I've been there between Xmas and New Years over the last few years...

- Just tell me when bud!!!

- Are we on a new sled yet or what?

- Just tell me when bud!!!

- Are we on a new sled yet or what?

They can open after a few flakes hit the ground. Amazing or what?? Don't get burned by being over zealous to ride thier early

Yea I have heard people who have went there and it was gravolmobiling

December 15th last year..But not an OFSC trail system.

Yea I have heard people who have went there and it was gravolmobiling

Not last December (15th) all main trails were open. Lakes were not frozen and the single track side trails were still closed. You could still ride all day though, doing large loops.Great for a check out ride. There was no gravel then. The gravel issue usually emerges when they keep the trails open too long after a warm up or too late in the season to capitalize on those last rides.

There are areas where active logging operations are going on and the skidders and trucks are tough on the trails, but that is only in small sections.

if this keeps up i may get the boat outta storage, cmon snow

We've gone to Haliburton Forest twice on Boxing Day (for two nights).

Great trails one year.

Rain the other.

I wouldn't book too far in advance since they have a strict cancellation policy and consider trails 'Open' when there's more snirt than snow.

What happened to the last guy who posted about boating in December ? lol

They will always tell you to come on up..the trails are good...

When the snow flies..and anybody is considering going...PM me. I will give you an honest update. I am twenty minutes from there as the crow flies.

Archived