What's the best accessory you bought for your sled???

Evil

If you had to think of all the things you've purchased for you sled, to make it look great, ride better, etc...................what would you say was the best purchase for you, regardless of price??

For me I'd have to say my Ski-Doo handle bar Racing Muffs! I love these things, especially when riding North. You're able to wear gloves that are not bulky instead of mitts, and your hands are protected from the wind!

Anybody else use these? I won't travel North without them! :D

:twisted:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to say the RAM mount for my GPS, followed by my BV2S helmet.

I'm in on the Ram Mount too! The GPS with that mount has been a life saver.

As for my BRP Modular Helmet, that is the worst accessory I ever purchased for my sled. I sold it while we are on hiatus. I learned to hate it, very uncomfortable, sun-visor was always frosted anyways. Well, time to move on 8-)

Well okay, gas and a couple of studs would be nice! :o

So many 2 X 4's, so few studs... :lol:

[sorry for the hi-jack, Evil...it was just there for the taking, so the Devil made me do it... :) ]

18 dollar quick tint velcro on sun visor. Works as advertised, easy on/off/store in trunk. Saves the clear heated visor from some scratching and helps keep heat in the visor reducing fogging.

Yes, I have SD racing muffs. I use em in spring time when I ride no gloves.

In reverse order, here are my top three:

#3...Bergstrom Triple-Point Carbides *

#2...Doo modular helmet, with electric visor, so no need to use messy mask **

#1...sled for my better half (beginning many years ago), so we can ride together ***

That's a tough one for me. For looks I'd say the low-blue Cobra/Sportech windshield to replace the stock medium. It has completely transformed the look of my sled. For performance I'd say dually carbides - they've taken nearly all the darting out.

53_ab1f1865358708e98e21597fc102d25b

257_15e7f444309a91bed436fe01fae728f1

If you had to think of all the things you've purchased for you sled, to make it look great, ride better, etc...................what would you say was the best purchase for you, regardless of price??

For me I'd have to say my Ski-Doo handle bar Racing Muffs! I love these things, especially when riding North. You're able to wear gloves that are not bulky instead of mitts, and your hands are protected from the wind!

Anybody else use these? I won't travel North without them! :D

:twisted:

I rode with MOTO-X gloves all last year with those. Much better control!

OK I must now retract my previous post. I agree Reverse is the BEST accessory, although it comes standard on my sled. Now that I have it I'd almost give up forward for reverse, ALMOST!

There are a few for me:

1) Studs - would'nt have a sled without them!

2) Mirrors!!! Gotta see who you are leaving in your snow dust!

3) Saddlebags - we do lots of sled trips

4) Extra gas can - sure makes you feel more comfortable when you get lost - that's for sure!

Studs, Mandatory..... I think it's insane to ride without.

Shocks, upgraded to X package shocks and had them revalved for my weight and riding style. Sled rides amazing now!

Risers and bars, now I can stand and have my hands at the perfect level, just makes things more comfortable.

More than one but studs is kinda boring

18 dollar quick tint velcro on sun visor. Works as advertised, easy on/off/store in trunk. Saves the clear heated visor from some scratching and helps keep heat in the visor reducing fogging.

I like mine, too. That was one of the best 'cheapest' investments I made.

At my age I like comfort, esp on a long ride. Best value, as mentioned muffs for your handlebars. I have used similar things on my enduro bikes for years.Not just for cold but for muddy and rainy conditions. Warm dry hands are great, and you don't need big bulky expensive gloves. ell the muffs are cheaper than alot of gloves, and then I can wear my mx gloves.

My Rev did not have an outlet for heated excessories. I have to have a heated face shield. Can't see, can't ride. Had to buy one and put it on.

Third ,no matter what I won't buy a sled for myself without reverse. My back has taken far to much abuse, along with my knees, I'm not dragging sleds around . Push the button and the thing runs backwards like my old Bultaco, beauty!!!

Rev with muffs and mirrors, so I can keep an eye on loved ones behind, good add on as well.

154_033df384688eb6ab51797dd4f9ecb318

There are a few for me:

1) Studs - would'nt have a sled without them!

Yep, 162 of em

2) Mirrors!!! Gotta see who you are leaving in your snow dust!

whats a behind me doesn't a matter.Just kidding. I like the wrist strap type

3) Saddlebags - we do lots of sled trips

yep, Miller bags, the best there is

4) Extra gas can - sure makes you feel more comfortable when you get lost - that's for sure!

Don't leave home without it because walking sucks

Its got to be my GPS. I can down load onto a Topo map on my PC every trail we ride. They're really starting to add up.

studs for sure, 6" dual runners and a 13mm sway bar, but the windsheild bag is great too.

I like mine, too. That was one of the best 'cheapest' investments I made.

Where did you two get that from :?: ...sounds like something i have been looking for 8-)

I'm starting to worry.........Studs? Muff's? and a "Ram Tool Mount"? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived