Sudbury trails

Xfirecat

Gotta ask, the trails show as green again, anyone been riding there recently? 

Go with the ITG.

I've heard the trails have been very good.

I'll let you know what I find tomorrow.

I was out on Sunday. Trails were in great shape. 

West of the city is still good as there is not as much water. On Saturday we found anywhere there was water running under the trails, small creeks, ponds etc, it had started to erode the sides of the trials.  Still rideable but had to be cautious of some narrow spots on the edges. There was one spot on c/d trail that one side of the trail was a washout headed toward the railbed just past the Stinson Damn area.

We just slowed down and used caution, the rail beds and most trails were still in good shape.

• Thanks 1

I'm heading March 28 to make my solo trip  and close a season I'm planning to start from Sudbury heading to Timmins - Iroquois falls - Kirkland lake - Gagama- Sudbury. Keep my fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, andreyboater said:

I'm heading March 28 to make my solo trip  and close a season I'm planning to start from Sudbury heading to Timmins - Iroquois falls - Kirkland lake - Gagama- Sudbury. Keep my fingers crossed.

Do you have a sat phone or a spot device? You will be in areas with no cell service and as much as 75km or more from any civilization.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't and for sure it's good to have it.

2 hours ago, andreyboater said:

Unfortunately I don't and for sure it's good to have it.

Just make sure you break down in a parking lot near civilization.... no problem then !!  JK !! 

Poor cell service in the North is a way of life. I find my Roger's phone gets much better signal than the Bell.  It piggybacks on the Bell and Tbaytel towers, giving me the best signal I've ever seen. Every time we stopped for a break riding to Longlac, I was getting emails and Facebook messages. Very impressed. 

• Haha 1

"Just make sure you break down in a parking lot near civilization.... no problem then !!" :lmao:nice one

I will consider the way to rent SPOT GEN3 tracker, I've a quote $50 for a week, well worth that money.

https://www.torontoradiorentals.com/

Was out today with Tim (gtserieder) and did the Cartier loop.

See me post out for a ride in sudbury.

1 hour ago, andreyboater said:

"Just make sure you break down in a parking lot near civilization.... no problem then !!" :lmao:nice one

I will consider the way to rent SPOT GEN3 tracker, I've a quote $50 for a week, well worth that money.

https://www.torontoradiorentals.com/

Read soups report. You may not want to start in suds and head north from there. No more grooming. 

Thanks,  will correct my route depending of conditions.

Was headed to Cochrane area March 28, was thinking about dropping in New Liskeard and riding up but not too sure on that now as the weather report is showing plus 8 for Thursday, really hoping the forecast changes and it stays cool a little while longer so I can get this last ride in!!.

Yesterday rode Windy Lake to Espanola and down towards Whitefish and back to Windy. The trails went from green to yellow as we arrived in Sudbury. The conditions were corn snow and the odd patch of dirt showing thru but very rideable. Today rode Windy Lake to Hanmer and back. The trails were yellow this morning, conditions were corn snow ungroomed but very rideable. Bumpy within 2kms of Cartier but holding up well. Looks like maybe a few more good days riding. Get out and ride, it won’t last forever! 

• Thanks 1

Thank you foe updates.

Rode the wolf loop Today, 9 outta 10.

Lake was fast in the am but standing water in the afternoon made it interesting.

Ride while you can, trails will start closing Monday.

Going there tomorrow with my wife and 8 years old daughter for 3 days, will stay at Sportsman's lodge and Windy lake motel.

14 hours ago, andreyboater said:

Going there tomorrow with my wife and 8 years old daughter for 3 days, will stay at Sportsman's lodge and Windy lake motel.

You guys are one of the group's George is expecting.

Lake markers where pulled yesterday on the big lake.

Wasnt due to safety, was opportunity.

Just got back from Sudbury, have a great 3 days trip with my wife and daughter. Trails 9 of 10 condition. Weather was perfect ride from STPA yard to Sportsman's lodge, next day to Windy lake and back on Sunday. Great closing.

500km for 8 years old girl not bad at all and she love it.

20190329_124816.jpg

20190329_125947.jpg

20190329_130129.jpg

20190329_132929.jpg

20190329_190811.jpg

20190330_084534.jpg

20190329_161139.jpg

• Like 1

Last ride today licking up the destination signs

20190401_150725.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soupkids said: