Kap' Restaurants

revrnd

I just read elsewhere that Papa Francos is closed on Mondays. Can anyone suggest a restaurant for breakfast? I've messaged my Kap' contact as well for suggestions. 

Are you heading back up later in week? 

There is always Tim's.  Or the Flying J truck stop near the Super 8 (trail Access)

6 hours ago, sledjunk said:

There is always Tim's.  Or the Flying J truck stop near the Super 8 (trail Access)

Casey's next to the Apollo Motel. If going to the A&W next to flying J, see if you can't find some discount coupons. Twenty four dollars for 2 mozza burgers, fries and 1 large 1 small root beer. (although they still use the glass mugs.) In White River yesterday, practically the same meal at the A&W was two dollars more.

(sorry skidooboy  - if you had drawn a map to that place down the highway a bit that you mentioned, we would have stopped there, but were hungry. Besides, every time I note here that there are two A&W's in Wawa, you insist this is not true and say there is one in White River)

I have been told A Bidule is opposite TOP A & serves breaky.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

We  were told that as well but rode through to Smoothies for breakfast. I saw Bidule as we rode through town. It's about one long block east of the Comfort Inn I believe.

Heck boys! If you are there from Thursday to Sunday take a short morning ride to the Moonbeam Clubhouse. We were there last Thursday and had a great hot breakfast and helped to support the club at the same time. Awesome volunteers, very reasonable and really good food too!

1 hour ago, Bearnecessities said:

Heck boys! If you are there from Thursday to Sunday take a short morning ride to the Moonbeam Clubhouse. We were there last Thursday and had a great hot breakfast and helped to support the club at the same time. Awesome volunteers, very reasonable and really good food too!

Theses boys are very well aware of the clubhouse LOL

We went today and had some amazing soup, Love it there!!

On 2018-03-15 at 7:16 PM, gobills said:

Theses boys are very well aware of the clubhouse LOL

We went today and had some amazing soup, Love it there!!

X2. I will stop in have a meal and throw 10 dollars to put VR on wall. 

3 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

X2. I will stop in have a meal and throw 10 dollars to put VR on wall. 

I think you should just put a picture of a chicken.  We would all know who it is

2 hours ago, gobills said:

I think you should just put a picture of a chicken.  We would all know who it is

Ok

IMG_0059.JPG

On 15/03/2018 at 7:02 AM, revrnd said:

Sledjunk spotted it yesterday on the way thru town. It's just east of the 'doo dealer.

On 2018-03-15 at 6:06 PM, Bearnecessities said:

We had lunch at the clubhouse today (sunday) and I saw more locals than snowmobilers. Good food reasonable prices. This community knows how to support a local snowmobile club.

29 minutes ago, whits-end said:

I was surprised to hear Moonbeam Clubhouse was not open last Tuesday.  I know they normally don't open until Thursday, but last Spring Break they were open all week.

When we were there in late February we talked at length with the nice gentleman behind the bar. The volunteers working there that Saturday were all seniors. He told us at one point, that in his working life he worked 40 hours a week for $ and now he worked almost as much as a volunteer. He indicated that it was getting harder for the club to find willing volunteer's. (Just like most volunteer organizations it seems). 

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

When we were there in late February we talked at length with the nice gentleman behind the bar. The volunteers working there that Saturday were all seniors. He told us at one point, that in his working life he worked 40 hours a week for $ and now he worked almost as much as a volunteer. He indicated that it was getting harder for the club to find willing volunteer's. (Just like most volunteer organizations it seems). 

Plus if you saw the crowd there on Sun' for lunch, they need a rest.

No long sleeve T shirts left so I made a donation whe we were there yesterday for lunch.

Bidule Restaurant for breaky. The rest of the crew were s bit after me. Nice little restaurant & not too far from the Comfort Inn either for folks stsying there.

• 9 months later...

I see Casey's has closed their location in Kap'. Has anything gone in to replace it?

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

I see Casey's has closed their location in Kap'. Has anything gone in to replace it?

Not that I'm aware. 

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

Not surprising IMHO. When we were there last March it wasn't busy and yet the service was very slow and food was just OK. Did not seem to be operating like other Casey's I've been to.

We've been unimpressed every time we've been there.  If you changed the sign and menus to Wendy's, you wouldn't notice much difference other than being served at the table.

Deep fried shrimp still frozen in the middle, 3 separate occasions, I'll pass.

8 hours ago, Denis007 said:

We've been unimpressed every time we've been there.  If you changed the sign and menus to Wendy's, you wouldn't notice much difference other than being served at the table.

Deep fried shrimp still frozen in the middle, 3 separate occasions, I'll pass.

Not gonna miss that place went there 3 times in 3 years all mediocre at best.

The online reviews on Google were about the same as what you guys have described. We never had any issues prior to 2012. Obviously the 'current' management didn't care.

Happy New Year everyone 

When in Kap we stay at the Super 8 and they have a free hot breakfast . Just be aware that last year the Flying J next door did not have premium gas. 

Dinner for us is always O’briens, across from the beer store 

Archived