2013 Sleds on Display (Alliston, Ontario)

Canuck

Did you by chance mark a waypoint for Sledjunk?

No but if you can navigate the sled trails then you should be able to find it. Real easy. East side of hwy 27 just north of Hwy 89 in downtown Cookstown. On your GPS 29 King St. N. Cookstown. Be sure to have an appetite. I ordered the farmer sausage breakfast and couldn't finish it.

3 farmer sausage on a bed of sauted onions

3 eggs

homefries

toast

fuit cup

apple sauce cup

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No but if you can navigate the sled trails then you should be able to find it. Real easy. East side of hwy 27 just north of Hwy 89 in downtown Cookstown. On your GPS 29 King St. N. Cookstown. Be sure to have an appetite. I ordered the farmer sausage breakfast and couldn't finish it.

3 farmer sausage on a bed of sauted onions

3 eggs

homefries

toast

fuit cup

apple sauce cup

Innisfil-20120317-00015.jpg

You definitely get your money's worth.

looks like a feast !

No but if you can navigate the sled trails then you should be able to find it.

Gonna miss you, Sledjunk.

:)

(just kidding - he's the most avid 'map man' on our trails)

I just don't think to look at them until after I am off route :-).

If I was really interested in a '13 'doo, I'd probably be headed over. Plus family is up for the weekend, so I'll have to take a pass on this get together.

If I was really interested in a '13 'doo, I'd probably be headed over. Plus family is up for the weekend, so I'll have to take a pass on this get together.

Great oppotunity for a family outing... tell them you are taking them to breakfast... don't have to tell them all the details.

Great oppotunity for a family outing... tell them you are taking them to breakfast... don't have to tell them all the details.

Can I introduce them to the uncle 'everyone talks about' ?

:D

why not....

Saw the new sleds today in Ottawa...pretty uneventful. No show stoppers this year. Arctic Cats now have a plastic grill where the empty hole in the dash was...Polaris RMK belt drive was cool looking, lifted the rear end...pretty darn light. Wanted to see the Skidoo Freeride paint job...it was there, but it had a wrap over the paint job...silly looking.

Thanks, Grimm.

Last year was probably more exciting with changes to the Arctic Cat line-up, power steering for Yamaha Vector (be still, my heart), etc.

Looking forward to seeing 02 Sled from the Baxter trail system, Sledjunk (if they get him off the Zamboni ice pile at the local arena), White Dragon and some new faces from the forum.

I hadn't thought of that!!!!! Hooking up the trailer as I type!!! Wooo Hooo! Sure am glad I booked this week off!

Uncle dad?

I've made a reservation for 10 people at Hot Stacks, Innisfil this Sunday, March 25th - 10 am. 29 King Street N

Cookstown, ON L0L 1L0

(705) 458-9933

Hwy 89 west to Hwy 27 (King St. N); north on Hwy 27 for 2 blocks to restaurant. Reservation made with Jim.

Canuck (2) - wife wants to see Nottawasaga Inn

White Dragon (2)

500ssman and wife may attend to curb his sled appetite

02 Sled

Sledjunk - more 'yes' than 'maybe'. Hope to see you there.

Giddy Up is 'maybe'

Domino is 'maybe' (sunbathing on his new roof?)

My 'non-google' algorithym suggests 10 may attend. I hope everyone who's expressed an interest has been included.

I will be bringing Ms. SJ and probably Moosifer as well. He informed me last night that he is off on Sunday.

The wife and myself will be there.

Thanks for the updates, SJ and 500.

The wife and myself will be there.

Shhh! don't say it too loud or my wife will want to come... normally that would be great but when it comes to toys she likes to make sure I don't spend money.

will be there...thx canuck

Just got back from the show, it was good.

A little disappointed with Polaris putting recommended 91 octane "ethanol free" fuel on their 600 & 800 sleds, I know the others had recommended 91 octane too but now adding ethanol free?? Really?? @ $1.49 per L I will be looking at 4-strokes even more that can run 87 octane without worry. Besides how many places have ethanol free 91 octane !!

Again the cats seems to have bottom end build quality but look reallllly nice (at a distance). Their 4-wheeler seemed to have better fit and finish than the sleds!

Have to admit those yellow cowboy sleds looked pretty good. The MXZ 1200 looks great and can sip 87 octane. Just don't think they make a stetson in my size + I won't wear yellow socks lol

That new ski from yamaha should really help out the Nitro guys. Vector GT 136" looks like a great all around machine, but the Apex..................ya you know what I mean.

I have always been a polaris guy and want to continue to be however with unpractical fuel recommendations and a lack of 4-stroke performance sleds I wonder if a change is needed.

Fortunately next season won't be the year of change!

Interesting observations above.

Arctic Cat reps pointed out the they worked on the heat exchangers at rear (straightened out back end to keep more snow in the loop). "Reverse" has been fixed. I love the look of the new sleds.

Didn't spend too much time at Polaris, since purchase decisions always seem to be Yamaha or Cat.

Team Yellow had by far the biggest crowds.

Spoke to a Yamaha rep about extreme slider wear and he pointed out that they have a new DuPont $79 slider (each). 5 times the wear. Ouch. $17,000 sticker price on the new Apex. Double ouch.

On the upside, Yamaha gave me a 'coaches' necklace-style something or other. I'll be a customer for life.

It was great seeing some familiar and new faces at breakfast. The French Toast looked great, guys. One order is large enough to feed a family :)

Ontariof7 joined us at the show. He provided great Yamaha insight, as always. Sledjunk was excited :oops: by the storage compartment on the Venture. Great to hear about his travels this year.

was good to see you again canuck,sledjunk & meet 02 sled...all the sleds are sweet...bill is torn now between ski-doo 800xr & polaris switchback...my blood remains red...

Them are pricy sliders !

The Apex price is crazy but nothing sounds quite like it ;-)

It indeed was great to put some faces, forum names and real names together. I understand the new Yamaha sliders are being made for all sled brands. If they wear significantly longer and the total cost of ownership will be lower in the long run I would likely spend the money. After the show I headed to Port Severn to pick up the sleds and bring them home to prep for storage. The first thing my wife wanted to know was did I buy anything. I told her I learned my lesson... and no I didn't. She looked at me with that Yeah right! look. She says she will believe it when she sees us actually riding the same sleds next winter.

I guess I will just have to buy a new trailer... can't go without some new toys from time to time. Mind you I do like the Cat Turbo 1100

...and I'm still trying to digest that stack of pancakes.

Pretty sure I've gotten my choices down to Doo and Polaris. The fit and finish of the Cats was lacking and they don't have a 600 2smoke. Felt most comfortable on the MXZ just kinda leery of whats lurking under the panel in terms of powertrain. Loved the look of the indy but the running boards have nothing for snow evacuation. Now the Assault 144 has got me interested with the tipped rails and cobra track, might pull the trigger soon on my first Polaris and pretty much resigned to the fact of running 91 octane on my next sled.

Nice meeting everyone.

Archived