Hearst - Where to stay?

bobdbldr

Companion Hotel!!! Great place - hot tubs, restaurant/bar on site, trail out back and heated secure lock up for sleds!

http://www.companion-hotel-motel.ca/

No cabin type accommodations in Hearst.

We stay @ the Companion when in Hearst. The Queens Motel next door looks OK. It has a pool, but no restaurant. Gas & the Beer Store are just west of these 2 businesses.

When we got to Hearst last month, it was +4* C, so we didn't bother w/ the indoor storage, just locked the sleds together.

The only other motel I've stayed @ in town is the Villa west of the Husky truck stop. Nothing fancy, but our plans had changed & we couldn't get a room @ the other 2 places.

Check the link in my sig' for more motel info.

Thanks all...Companion is full...Hockey tournament!!! booked into Villa Thanks again

Let us know about the place when you get back.

No cabin type accommodations in Hearst. We stay @ the Companion when in Hearst. The Queens Motel next door looks OK. It has a pool, but no restaurant. Gas & the Beer Store are just west of these 2 businesses. When we got to Hearst last month, it was +4* C, so we didn't bother w/ the indoor storage, just locked the sleds together. The only other motel I've stayed @ in town is the Villa west of the Husky truck stop. Nothing fancy, but our plans had changed & we couldn't get a room @ the other 2 places. Check the link in my sig' for more motel info.

Just a note............

If you stay at the Queens Motel next to the Companion, you can still use the heated garage at the Companion for $10 per night if there is room. This time of year you may not need the heated garage, but this last weekend it got down to -27°C saturday night and we were glad to have it.

AC, it was +4* C (water dripping off roof) on the 20th when we were there. A few guys were parking inside, but most sledders were parking in front of their rooms.

• 2 years later...

Heads up, the Companion hotel in Hearst has closed the hot tubs (as I understand permanently) - too many water issues. Just stayed there Feb 10, 2015. Sled storage went to $10/sled 2 years ago. Didn't notice a train idling all night long on the back side this year! Also no truck outside my window this year, which made me feel easier.(Rate was $102.60 tax in, no sled storage)

Someone (zrtkat?) posted recently that the Companion had shut off their hot tub. I've tried to find the post to no avail. If someone can find it, could they confirm it by posting the link?

Look up 3 posts from your last one .....

Heads up, the Companion hotel in Hearst has closed the hot tubs (as I understand permanently) - too many water issues. Just stayed there Feb 10, 2015. Sled storage went to $10/sled 2 years ago. Didn't notice a train idling all night long on the back side this year! Also no truck outside my window this year, which made me feel easier.(Rate was $102.60 tax in, no sled storage)

The passenger train arrives in Hearst Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. There is no train in Hearst on the other nights of the week.

Look up 3 posts from your last one .....

:icon_doh:

And here I spent half an hour going thru zrtkat's reports.

When we were there at New Years the only hot tubs were the ones in the rooms.. Of course u had to pay a little more but well worth it.

When we were there at New Years the only hot tubs were the ones in the rooms.. Of course u had to pay a little more but well worth it.

I've edited the database to reflect this. I'll post when the online version has been updated.

Archived