Question... When is it the Best time to buy a new sled? Tips.

The Groomer Guy

So, I'm thinking on buying a new sled for next season, and a few other people too that I know, what is the best time to buy? Do you have any tips, tricks? where you look... what you do, best time to buy... thing to look for.

bad sleds not to buy....

I like Ski-doo and Yamaha,

In the Yamaha I would like a venture or a Apex.... or even a Nytro...... then maybe go for a touring.... not sure what I want to do as I have 2 little girls to bring out.

In the Skidoo I need atleast an 800 e-tec or would go for a 4 stroke..... I would love a renagade.... but then I go back that maybe would need a touring style.....

So any tips you guys got?

Maybe I should tell you guys once I decide what I want and you guys can shop for me. :) I know some of you are good at finding deals and working on getting the deals.

I would like to buy new but if there is a sweet used model with low kms around I would consider it.

Thanks guys.

Get a 1200 skidoo grand touring. You can take the seat off and you have lots of room to carry all of your gear. Great for playing in deep snow and you can buy the 3 seat combo and carry your two little girls at the same time. This Is what I am getting. Local dealer still has a few 2011's left. I made an offer of 10000 plus tax for

an 2011 gt 1200 on saturday. Sales manager will call on monday. New one retails for 13300 plus freight, pdi and hst.

vr700 picked out pretty well what you want...think better deals are coming up soon...sure big 4 will be counting on people snow checkin sled to determine how many to build after this season...

1200 will do 110 mph easy. Drive it any speed really. I say it is equal to a 700 cc two stroke. It pulls hard earlier in the rpm band. Etecs are better on fuel but not as realiable for the long haul.

I won't buy another doo two stroke. All of the die hard doers here are buying the 1200's. If you have no trade and don't need financing end of season is the best time to buy. They raise the sled prices again in the fall I find.

That 1200 Doo is equal to what sled??? as 600 or more like an 800? Up here I need fastr and Power for the lakes and fast trails, but I want a sled that I will be able to ride on the trails in the south a few times in the winter.

GG,

The 1200 is the equivelant of a 600, however more mid-range power to pull you through. You'll be happy with the 1200!

That 2011 deal sounds good :)

That 1200 Doo is equal to what sled??? as 600 or more like an 800? Up here I need fastr and Power for the lakes and fast trails, but I want a sled that I will be able to ride on the trails in the south a few times in the winter.

How old are your kids? Mine are 4 and 8 - and the additonal 2-up seat on my 1200 GSX is great. More power than a 600 - but no where near top end of a 800 etec (stock vrs. stock).

post-21956-0-04194600-1330298260_thumb.jpg

post-21956-0-49970000-1330298242_thumb.jpg

post-21956-0-16565500-1330298390_thumb.jpg

I always find end of season is the best time to buy, unless you have to have a new one on spring order.

Been noticing alot of yamaha dealers with new non currents at decent discounts. some vectors are discounted $5000 +

Waiting to see what Polaris is going to do.........

:icon_cankick:

does that mean he should be lookin at polaris....lol

I hear Yukon is heading your way soon. He has the Skidoo 1200. Ask him what he thinks of it. He tells me he loves it. He doesn't have the touring version but the engine is the same. All the manufacturers make good sleds, some models better than others and no matter what happens there is the occasional lemon.

I own a 2009 GSX 1200 4-tec. No issues at all. Grinning on every ride and great on fuel. Ex Wife had a GSX e-tec 600, also a nice sled, no complaints..but I doubt I'll ever buy a two stroke again. No oil, no smell. Great power right through the band.

I would hope a local business owner's priority would be to shop locally when they can.

I wouldn't think getting a good deal would be a question Luc.

I'm going away next week. Leaving Sunday morning to see the 2013 models.

Take my 800 switchback while I'm gone.

I did the 4 stroke thing as many did. I had a few of them over the past 5 years and loved them all. but as the 2 strokes get better and better there just wasn't enough advantage to offset the weight penalty anymore for me and this year I'm back on a 2 stroke. The new 2 strokes are awesome on gas and don't leave you smelling like a 2 stroke anymore.

Different strokes for different folks. :icon_naughty:

I would hope a local business owner's priority would be to shop locally when they can.

I did the 4 stroke thing as many did. I had a few of them over the past 5 years and loved them all. but as the 2 strokes get better and better there just wasn't enough advantage to offset the weight penalty anymore for me and this year I'm back on a 2 stroke. The new 2 strokes are awesome on gas and don't leave you smelling like a 2 stroke anymore.

bill & i will be snow-checkin 2- 800 s/b...will check in with you about prices...sure luc will be too after riding a polaris

......too much to chose.... and to decide..... agrrrrr lol what to do...... hmmmm take your switch back while yah gone eh.....thatr sounds temping :)

I always find end of season is the best time to buy, unless you have to have a new one on spring order.

Been noticing alot of yamaha dealers with new non currents at decent discounts. some vectors are discounted $5000 +

The best time is now...there are some great deals on new leftover sleds.

I just made a deal for a 2011 Apex for $11500 last week. That's $5200 off the list price. Now I have power steering for the C&A skis stored in my garage. On my Nytro, those skis were a bear to turn.

Is that taxes in?,

If you buy a new 1200 doo, do yourself a favor and replace the primary clutch with a Powerblock P-80..You can get one from Cudney racing...It will save yourself a few headaches down the road..Talked to a ski-doo mechanic in La-Sarre last week, and he said they changed the coter pins in the clutch from a steel to a stainless steel, and there not holding up at all. Suppose to rebuild them after 2500-3000 km's on them. We blew one up on our 2011 GSX SE 1200, and replaced it with a P-80..

Archived