trail map

claudie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya something is up, if you zoom in or out some trails come back.

Yay! Another Interactive trail guide thread!

Yay! Another Interactive trail guide thread!

I'd be more inclined to complain about the weather.

I'd be more inclined to complain about the weather.

Weather here is good. Might be riding tomorrow .

We need a forum thread to just complain. Bitch of the day.

Weather here is good. Might be riding tomorrow .

I'll be checking in with you on Thursday for an update on conditions Blake. Planning to launch from Gravenhurst on Friday morning.

More snow on the ground in Haliburton than the past two Winters. Looking stunning outside!

But let's complain. A groomer made a mess of the TOP B into Haliburton and left a huge mud hole.

Gas is very expensive.

There is not enough sun.

Winter is shitty.

Some restaurants have lousy food.

Interactive guide bites.

Toilet paper is only single use. Unless you live in Houseys Rapids. Then it becomes a wet nap.

Maple syrup season is off.

The leafs are shitty...still

Harper is still the Prime Minister

Agh....

Be happy for health and the ability to enjoy sledding. Some can't and sure wish they could. The rest seems pretty trivial. Love your kids, pets, friends. Take joy in whatever pleases you. Don't sweat the small stuff.

too tired to bitch weather aint bad trails are ok

Had a short but good ride today. Check my Facebook link.

Toilet paper is only single use. Unless you live in Houseys Rapids. Then it becomes a wet nap.

Use one side today and then the other side tomorrow. Then wash, rinse, repeat. There's some on the clothesline right now. Should be good again soon.

Use one side today and then the other side tomorrow. Then wash, rinse, repeat. There's some on the clothesline right now. Should be good again soon.

How many days can you go on a pair of underwear?

(loaded question)

What's with the interactive trail map? Over the last few hours, more & more trails have disappeared! Not listed as closed, just gone. ???????

Kind of curious about this myself. On one PC, shows everything and works fine. On another, trails turn to vapour. Is there some software update that might help?

What application /html version does the map run on?

Kind of curious about this myself. On one PC, shows everything and works fine. On another, trails turn to vapour. Is there some software update that might help?

That's the point of the original post - it wasn't a complaint, merely an inquiry to find out if it was just at the user end or if others were having the problem also. My PC & iPad are both having the same display, so obviously it's at the OFSC end. I suppose they'll become aware of it eventually & get it fixed. Meanwhile, I'm assuming we can ride legally on any trail not shown as closed? (or not shown at all?)

Last night I was only missing a few trails. This morning it has increased to over half the map.

IAFTG1.jpg

IAFTG2.jpg

Vast areas of the Province are slowly disappearing ! Thank goodness for the InterActiveFrickenTrailGuide or we wouldn't have been able to spot this abduction by Aliens of our beloved trilliums and beavers.

But the good news is there are vast areas without "red". I think it means we can now sled whereever we want !

I wonder if whoever looks after the map @ the other end has thought of posting a "Site/page closed temporarily due to (fill in the blank). Please re-visit in a few minutes." message when trails are being updated? This would eliminate all the "WTF is going on w/ the ITG?" posts/threads on the internet.

26520b2c.png

Dont even get me going.....routine maintain or is it a bug....most informative sites would have something on there homepage and doing it in the of hrs when most peeps are nursing there hangover's....2-3yrs and how much coin and the NORTH needs help something wrong with this picture.. :crazy_grn:

Ha ha!

Is The OFSC Interactive Map meeting expectation

1. YES: very good experience (1 votes 14.29%)
  2. Somewhat: It works but has some technical issues (3 votes 42.86%)
  3. No: Go Back to your tech guys and kick them in the NUTS! (3 votes 42.86%)

Dont even get me going.....routine maintain or is it a bug....most informative sites would have something on there homepage and doing it in the of hrs when most peeps are nursing there hangover's....2-3yrs and how much coin and the NORTH needs help something wrong with this picture.. :crazy_grn:

Maybe once this season is over, the current OFSC webpage could be blown up? Get rid of all the crappy ads & make navigation thru it simpler. Every time you go to access the ITG, you have to click on the "release" button.

Buttons for drop down menus across & down the side, what a mess. We've all seen companies and/or organisations redo their websites. Usually we fight it because we're comfortable w/ their current site.

In the case of the OFSC site, I don't think anyone would miss it. Make it basic for a sledder w/ not so great computer skills, which I imagine there are a lot of out in the sledding community. The powers to be on the OFSC committee that has some influence, should rein in the techies when they start going on about the "bells & whistles" the site could have.

The website doesn't even have pages for news or who makes up the executive. Maybe that's why a lot of us treat the Barrie office as this ivory tower made up of faceless individuals. Maybe they're afraid of recognition out on the trails?

How about a "swag shop" as was mentioned before?

IMO, what ever they've paid, is too much for what they're getting.

End of rant. Must be today's weather.

:banghead:

Archived