Weather again,

Viperules700

nope, i never cave to my wife. i work to hard not to have some fun.

How long have you been married???... :icon_tinykitball:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope, i never cave to my wife. i work to hard not to have some fun.

C'mon... you must agree to some of what she wants from time to time. Something tells me things that are important to her she has her way. I know for me when it comes to decoratiing the house... pretty much whatever she wants. It isn't that important to me. I have the rec room, work shop and garage. The rest is hers.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this year was supposed to be a La Nina winter & they're the opposite than an El Nino? IMO, this winter has been worse than an El Nino.

Any comments from the weather geeks?

“It's the closest we've come to cancelling winter,” Environment Canada climatologist David Phillips said. “I mean, you can count the number of nasty days on your hands, in various places.”

And it’s a far cry from the frigid weather meteorologists were telling Canadians to expect just a few months ago.

Last fall, a Pennsylvania-based company warned this could be one of the coldest winters in 20 years for Western Canada. While Environment Canada was more cautious, it, too, called for a colder-than-average winter in the north and west of the country.

The forecasters based their prediction on the knowledge that this would be another La Nina season. The more familiar weather pattern, which results from cooler-than-normal surface temperatures in the eastern Pacific Ocean, typically brings more precipitation and colder weather to parts of Canada and the northern United States.

How 'bout we cancel Dave Phillips?

I thought this year was supposed to be a La Nina winter & they're the opposite than an El Nino? IMO, this winter has been worse than an El Nino.

Any comments from the weather geeks?

Ski Doo Stu has been abducted by some mexican...LaNina.

How 'bout we cancel Dave Phillips?

X 1,000

Why he is considered some sort of weather-guru "folk hero" is beyond me....

they dont know crap...nobody does...this winters crap...end o story....next year to be announced then

X 1,000

Why he is considered some sort of weather-guru "folk hero" is beyond me....

he was one of he 1st...love bob from barrie news too...le nino or what ever was perdicted well before season started...we also hope for chink in the armor..what if...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=ice_fishing_this_winter_in_o_270112?ref=twitternews

The good news: License Free Ice Fishing!

The bad news: There probably won't be any ICE!

i see winter is once again "starting" this fine saturday morning in KW but i have a feeling it won't really arrive !

It must be extra painful for all the southern club volunteers who work to stake the trails etc.

I would guess there will be alot of dealers with left over machines!

Good thing I have been through lean winters before. We have to take the good seasons with the bad ones.

Loooking at going away for the bulk of 1 week shortly, lets hope the Almaguin trails don't suffer a rain storm like they did last February.

This winter has me beating my head against the wall, thinking man if it was only just a little colder all this rain would have been a crap load of snow.

I'm still hoping something shows up next month as February is alway the coldest month of the year. But the way things are going I'm starting to have my doubts. I guess I'm glad I didn't buy the second machine this year after all, however I'm beating come mid march if his weather keeps up there is going to be some kill deals on used sleds.

Snowing hard in Bancroft, too. It has been snowing most of the day and so far about 6 inches on the ground. Strong winds as well.

Winter wonderland in Haliburton. Beating the last three Winters so far.

We got 10cm of heavy wet snow yesterday that froze overnight. Too bad they are calling for +4 on Tuesday.

Winter wonderland in Haliburton. Beating the last three Winters so far.

2010 was s great winter in hailburton area. Started riding dec 15 and rode until first of march. Only rode in southern ontario two days.

Going to replace my snow stick with a set of vernier calipers if this weather doesn't change soon. All kidding aside I am hoping february brings some snow.

barrie area got 3'' max.... :banghead:

Snow squalls tonite...maybe then rain on Tues and Wed. If and when the season starts I say it's down to a week of riding left. If I stay in Ontario and get posted to anywhere but Pet I'm throwing in the towel. Winters in this area are a joke.

You will not ride south of the Gravenhurst area this season, thats what i am thinking..

If you come east first than you can ride south of Gravenhurst ;) mind you way east like Perth or Smith Falls area.

I be the OFSC is thankful they didn't do the snow guarantee again this year.

Archived