Weather again,

Viperules700

Big warm up coming early next week. Might help central Ontario if they get the snow this week. Make the base solid, since they are saying 5 degrees for next Monday. Going to be 10 here in Kitchener crazy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so far it doesn't look too bad. May even see a little sun that day. Usually pours rain when it warms up. Hope that holds off.

14 day outlook really sucks right now. I really hope something changes for the better.

Doesn't really matter I guess. I'm working 60 hour weeks right now so that only gives me one day a week off. Hard to look at the wife and say, Hey honey on my only day off this week I'm taking the sled out. I'm smarter than that :)

Just looked @ Apsley (2:28 PM) & TWN 14 day guess shows mixed precip on Sun' & Tues', highest temp above 4* w/ no precip on Mon'. The rest of the week around freezing & snow.

I wish they would get rid of the historical data, because what does it mean to the forecast. I think adding a line for 0* C would be helpful.

The "trend" forecast is hilarious. It's just a bunch of averages. I used to look at it and think it was the actual forecast coming up. Beyond five days out there is little accuracy. IMO.

so true fred,forecasters know jack...its a gambling game....me ive come to conclusion..its a travel year....local is a memory.....im gone this weekend..next,,,next...next.....iknow its gonna cost me,but when im ridin,i need a plastic surgeon to remove the smile on my face...the wife understands me....finnally....she likes to ride also...im very lucky in that regard......burks falls shows up to 30 cm of snow this week ,on an already descent base.....im gone.............................................................................................. :drool-1:

YUP! it is an expensive sport! In particular when you have to trailer all over and stay in hotels and eat out. However the WOW factor is hard to replace with anything else! Some people blow thousands on cruises or warm destinations in the Winter and have nothing to show for it except sand in your crack! At least with sledding you see areas you would never see, meet all sorts of people, and just enjoy your day! No point in having a sled sit there collecting dust.

so true fred,forecasters know jack...its a gambling game....me ive come to conclusion..its a travel year....local is a memory.....im gone this weekend..next,,,next...next.....iknow its gonna cost me,but when im ridin,i need a plastic surgeon to remove the smile on my face...the wife understands me....finnally....she likes to ride also...im very lucky in that regard......burks falls shows up to 30 cm of snow this week ,on an already descent base.....im gone.............................................................................................. :drool-1:

Have a blast!

yes i too believe any riding south is not going to happen.

Thought about renting a cottage in Kearney with Steve C but not going to happen this year.

I miss the seguin trail and almaguin highland trails already.

I pretty much think your not going to be riding south of Gravenhurst area this year..

I will be lucky if haliburton is rideable. At least I never bought the new sled. Will be some killer deals in a month.

I know the notion of "Buy where you Ride" has been around for a while, but being that I reside from both London and the Muskokas, I've always supported the closest to London club because I figured they could use the funds more.

I'm curious if the recent years' weather are actually causing guys from the south to buy their permits from the north where they are inevitably having to travel to for any decent riding?

Temp @ the freezing point & snowing in Apsley right now.

14 day outlook really sucks right now. I really hope something changes for the better.

Doesn't really matter I guess. I'm working 60 hour weeks right now so that only gives me one day a week off. Hard to look at the wife and say, Hey honey on my only day off this week I'm taking the sled out. I'm smarter than that :)

Wise man... happy wife happy life.... I wanted so bad to trailer to some snow last weekend but my wife had made plans for a get together with all her old friends from high school and it included their husbands. If I had of sent her off on her own I would have been in the dog house for sure.

Damn, soiled my Depends on that one ! :rotflmao:

Lol. Maybe he needs two zippers. Always nice to give and receive.

I hold off for the things that count. Two yes's gets an unchallenged no. Your wife asks about a silverware pattern. What do you care. It's silverware. The answer is yes. She wants you to go to a social gathering on a weekend where sledding is questionable... the answer is yes. That is two Yes. She wants you to go shopping for drapes on a weekend when there is 2 ft of fresh snow. The answer is NO. She won't challenge it since you did agree to the last two before that without question.

This mornings update on the Almaguin club trails

2012 January 19th 6:13AM update

We are Open

Most parts of the club area received at least a foot of snow with another 5-10 centimetres later this afternoon, if we get it. Trails are finally starting to level out as groomers are working with fresh snow. Should be a good weekend and not quite as cold. Most trails to the North of us are open allowing for longer trips.

Trails are still fresh so drive carefully!!

NIce , Sled is loaded , im leaving for Kearny in 30 mins , might take the drift and shoot a couple of vids

Still, come on O2Sled, his post was really funny !

It was indeed funny.... and I looked at it as that....

I caved to my wife which I am sure we have all done many times.

Archived