Predictions for this Season

Turbo Doo

I'm thinking things are going to be a bit of a slow start, but once it does start, I'm seeing storm after storm starting here in 3 or 4 weeks. Than its going to be a winter wonderland :)

No worries. I have my two weeks of holidays in feb, so I will just go where the snow is. I am guessing southern will have 4 weeks of open trails.

sorry, i have to be a realist here... late start to season, first good grooms well after new years, warm up by end of jan, rain washes most of accumulated snow by valentines, couple storms to get our hopes up, and most areas seasons over by march break. then it is time for bikes, and boats.... put the sleds away, and hope for a better season next year, LIKE WE DO EVERY YEAR. lol!

like they say.... "do the same thing, over and over and hope for a different outcome, is the definition of INSANITY"

CASE IN POINT.... IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE NEAR 55 FARANHEIGHT HERE TOMORROW. WE REC'D ANOTHER 2" OF RAIN IN THE LAST 24 HOURS. IF IT WAS COLD, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN 2 FEET OF SNOW.

it is really over before it started this year already (for me anyway). time to give up trail riding altogether, and head west to the mountains for the steep and deep.

Ski

I figure it will be a slow start and we'll finally finish up around April 15!

Woke up this morning to extreme rain outside. Nicely washing away the last dregs of the snow that fell a week ago. Frost has once again left the ground and speaking of the ground, it is a soggy mess! Looked at the weather network, and the 10+ cm's of snow that was forecasted as of yesterday has now been revised to less then a cm. Just to add a kick to the b&ll$. We will be lucky if the trails open late January at this rate.

Accu-crap is now saying snow starting Dec 22 and going through to Dec 25th, in varying intensities. Cold does return so if it bloody well stays cold the buckets of rain in the ground will freeze solid as a rock.

I will however take this crap-ola now in exchange for a season that lasts past early March! I usually have my first ride in at HF by now!

hopefully not as late as 2007, but the lakes aren't even freezing so no lake running either may as well get the boat back out!

- Ok...are we really going to believe the weathermen???

- I personally think they can't predict "accurately" more than 24hrs out. Anything else is a crap shoot!

- 2 weeks from now will be alot different then now,

- It's only the 15th of December guys...anything before Christmas is a bonus.

- My prediction...It's going to start getting cold this weekend, then snow will start shortly thereafter.

- January and February will be awesome riding conditions (all over Ontario) and it'll last well into the 3rd week of March.

- Just my 2 cents!

- I personally think they can't predict "accurately" more than 24hrs out.

I think you are optimistic on their ability. I always say that the only weather they get right is yesterday's. ( and sometimes part of today)

It will happen.......have faith

Birds were chirping this morning in GTA.

As Lep says, however, winter will arrive.

So will the apocalypse

Aren't you just a ray of friggin' sunshine!!!!

So will the apocalypse

Webster's: "Pessimist: one who has a tendency to see only what is gloomy or to anticipate the worst outcome."

Wikipedia: "Pessimism, from the Latin word pessimus (worst), is a state of mind in which one perceives life negatively. Value judgments may vary dramatically between individuals, even when judgments of fact are undisputed. The most common example of this phenomenon is the "Is the glass half empty or half full?" situation."

And BTW Fred, your picture was beside the above definition in Webster's Dictionary. :poke2::wavey:

That's enough from the glee club!

Webster's: "Pessimist: one who has a tendency to see only what is gloomy or to anticipate the worst outcome."

Wikipedia: "Pessimism, from the Latin word pessimus (worst), is a state of mind in which one perceives life negatively. Value judgments may vary dramatically between individuals, even when judgments of fact are undisputed. The most common example of this phenomenon is the "Is the glass half empty or half full?" situation."

And BTW Fred, your picture was beside the above definition in Webster's Dictionary. :poke2::wavey:

Which picture? My new one? I think it is good!

I was skip dragging SCR trail 4 this day last year...

We were on the beaver dams and small lakes too...

It's going to be a while...

It is weird being up north and not having at least a foot of snow for this time of year. Last year I had logged about 120Kms already up at HF. Winter will come.

Hopefully when Winter arrives there is no January thaw with buckets of rain. Let the frost set in, and snow like a bugger.

Just about time to ditch the trail sled and hopefully get posted back to Alberta. These Ontario winters(or lack there of) are killing me!!!

Archived