Pickeral Lake Lodge closed

steve c

Asking price for Pickerel Lake Lodge right now is $3,400,000 ...

I sure miss stopping there for lunch.

Would be a real challenge to pay that loan off with filling the place with sledders and ATVers every weekend.

In 20 years that is chump change!

In 20 years that is chump change!

If you were to pay full price with ten percent down, and secured a commercial mortgage at 5 percent interest amortized over twenty years, the payments would be a little over 20 grand a month.

That's a lot of four-legged chickens.

post-22473-0-73461200-1446606127_thumb.jpg

blake,this is your calling.boating,biking,sledding...you could be the bartender,non-stop bs.get cook from iron skillet...have blake specials everyday...endless buttertarts

20 000 a month seems like a lot,but could offset cost with grow-up or meth lab...

just something to mull over....partner

Almost like buying a farm all over again. Wonder what the place actually coated to build and purchase the land in the past.

blake,this is your calling.boating,biking,sledding...you could be the bartender,non-stop bs.get cook from iron skillet...have blake specials everyday...endless buttertarts

20 000 a month seems like a lot,but could offset cost with grow-up or meth lab...

LOL

A retired teacher might be better off looking for a buttertart shop. Smaller payments. Skip the bs, keep the tarts and the grow-up with meth lab.

Breaking Bad meets Wilkie's.

I want in on this deal lol... Hahaha

LOL

A retired teacher might be better off looking for a buttertart shop. Smaller payments. Skip the bs, keep the tarts and the grow-up with meth lab.

Breaking Bad meets Wilkie's.

just thought i'd run that by ya...guess we could start with couple mobile homes & see how it goes from there...or just keep buyin lottery tickets

Was it not being operated as a rehab centre? I'm pretty sure it's been off my list for a few years now.

Buy a mirror so you can watch yourself starve. Property is likely pretty rundown clientelle is gone if you get a poor winter no customers,if southern ontario gets a good winter less customers than normal summer income is short labour costs are large hydro is brutal taxes are large you need most of it upfront so the carrying costs are not brutal. It takesa very unique family to make this work 

Where is Magnetawan Inn ?

Just a note for those who are unaware:  Magnetawan Grill is now where the Schmeler was, on the main corner.  Great place, great food, great service.  Just announced winter hours they will be closed on Mondays.  Guess all the cops will have to go back to Burks Falls to Timmies on Mondays.

Just a note for those who are unaware:  Magnetawan Grill is now where the Schmeler was, on the main corner.  Great place, great food, great service.  Just announced winter hours they will be closed on Mondays.  Guess all the cops will have to go back to Burks Falls to Timmies on Mondays.

We stop by the Grill a couple of times a year. Love it for the reasons above - food, service. Also a 'natural' stop (copyright STG) if heading eastbound from Parry Sound. Grocery store attached.

Too rich for my blood and I wish it was still going. The guy who ran it as a rehab place went belly up or was shut down.

Supposedly, he also has a place near Toronto that was raided and fined for having unlicenced doctors.  He's probably going to have some steep legal fees.  I think the old pickerel lodge place still doesn't have the proper zoning.

Archived