Where will the first OPEN trails be??

monte1214

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which area will have trails OPEN first?

• Southern ON (D9, D5, D4, D3 & D2)
    • Central ON (D10, D8, D7, D6
    • Near North (D11, D12)
    • Northern ON (D13, D14, D15, 16)
  2. 2. Will You Travel that far to ride them?

• Yes
    • NO
  3. 3. How far are you willing to travel to ride??

• 0-150kms
    • 151kms - 300kms
    • 301kms - 500kms
    • 500kms -800kms
    • 801kms or more

- Where do you think the first trails will OPEN??

- Obviously there's snow way up North, but there'll be changes coming...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would like the poll to reflect ranges of distance one would travel to ride them...b/c I travel to get to any trail..

say

<50

50<=100

100<=200km

- Hopefully this works cracker?

i vote the obvious.... the trail will open first where the first rideable snow is and stays. right now that is the mountain west. ski

Interesting poll.

I've set some time aside in early-mid January to ride in the Sault Ste. Marie area (wanted to get away from the Hwy 11 corridor). Fingers crossed that the Soo continues getting frigid temps, and snow to follow.

Too bad about Halfway Haven, but folks on this forum have provided alternatives out of Sault Ste. Marie.

it is going to be mid to late jan before there will be much riding (weather permitting). all you have to do is look at the long range forcast to see anything south, of the north shore of lake huron is not going to get much if any snow for the next 10-14 days. that puts us near xmas. at that point, the volunteers will be short on time for family events during the holidays, and if they do groom and have a break down, longer times for parts shipping and repairs.

we all really need to face reality, it will be well into the new year for the start of riding, and well into feb (again, weather permitting), for great riding.

sorry to be a debbie downer but, better to be prepared for reality then to set yourself up for dissapointment for a great, and or early start.

ski

works great i changed my vote...this like voting in florida elections...lol

Hey! what about district 1? I wont vote for it though since last week end out swamps had turned into rivers. So I voted for district 11 since it is my usual place to ride and I am hoping for the best!

Your blog page is great as always. Good Pics of Green lake!

rail trail from fenlon to kinmount is my guess, doesn't take a ton of snow to get it ridable

I'm going to take a guess that north of Parry Sound Groomer Guy will have great trails open soon. South I am going with D8 near Blue Mountain Wasaga Beach. Wasaga has lots of sand that drains and dries real quick. Couple that with lake effect snow off of Georgian Bay. The weather last night showed snow squalls coming in off the bay in that area. My mom lives in Wasaga so I can call and get snow fall amounts.

rail trail from fenlon to kinmount is my guess, doesn't take a ton of snow to get it ridable

- Similair to the Ganny here is D3.

I'm going to take a guess that north of Parry Sound Groomer Guy will have great trails open soon. South I am going with D8 near Blue Mountain Wasaga Beach. Wasaga has lots of sand that drains and dries real quick. Couple that with lake effect snow off of Georgian Bay. The weather last night showed snow squalls coming in off the bay in that area. My mom lives in Wasaga so I can call and get snow fall amounts.

- The lake effect snow that they get there is amazing!

- Went there in late December last year and ended up riding in about 10" of powder due to a storm that rolled in off the bay!

- Definetly will be one of the first areas open around here!

My local ski hill is making snow, I know the snow making crew, so I may have to load the sled up and and go for a run befor anything opens up :)

nice!!!

Looks like groomer guy may win. Hopefully it will give the small town a boast since snow is limited in ontario for now. Great job luc,

Dubreuilville, Ontario.

First to open.

This race is over before it began.

Archived