interactive trail guide

apeXMAN

tried to view it and looks broken or is it my computer ?

http://www.ofsc.on.c...ail-status.html

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't open on my computer either.

Planning a trip?

I wouldn't want to report anything out of turn, but, I think the trails are all closed. :wtf:

Rap tour in January.I will use my old maps for now .Do you think that maybe they are updating it to make it faster?

Kinda liked to old interactive map....the one that opened :icon_doh:

Map has been down since spring.

I am waiting to see what trails will show on this years map. I hope if they show, the clubs will have committed to grooming. Don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. I will take care of the gas supply if needed.

Trails of most interest connect Searchmont & Wawa and also Elliot Lake to Chapleau. I know this is always weather dependent, but what to know what will open if the weather helps out.

I hope to hear before I buy my 4 full season trail permits. It may change who I buy from................

I wouldn't want to report anything out of turn, but, I think the trails are all closed. :wtf:

:coffeespit:

Just trying to be your usual helpful self, SJ?... :poke2:

:coffeespit:

Just trying to be your usual helpful self, SJ?... :poke2:

What can I say? I figured I should pass on what I know. I hope it wasn't supposed to be a secret :oops::oops:

or worse, a liability concern.

:woot:

Map has been down since spring.

No it hasn't was on it last week looking at something.

Maybe they are doing updates right now and took it off line.

The Pefferlaw trails are always closed or should have never opened them last season :poke2:.The worst plowed fields I ever saw ,we turned around and went south to PPSC

The Pefferlaw trails are always closed or should have never opened them last season :poke2:.The worst plowed fields I ever saw ,we turned around and went south to PPSC

Interesting comment and I am sorry you had a bad experience.

I rode from home quite often last winter and the trails were the best I have seen them in our area. Especially after the lack of snow in the previous two winters.

There were a couple of days that were quite blustery and the drifts formed pretty quickly. I can remember passing oncoming sleds and within ten minutes could not see their tracks on the trail.

The club has worked at trying to keep the trails well groomed but sometimes Mother Nature doesn't help. The wind blowing across some of the fields will drift the trails over within minutes, especially where we are running along a bit of a wind break.

Please feel free to PM me on here if this happens again and I will, if nothing else, respond with as much of an explanation as I can get.

Seeing as you are in the area, hopefully we can meet up on the trails. I am always looking for new people to ride with.

I am always looking for new people to ride with.

BE VERY CAREFUL apeXMAN !! Very Careful - this is the balance of what SledJunk posted...........

I love to read, and take quiet walks on the beach. I listen to contemporary christian music, the oldies and hip-hop. I love to dance. I'm looking for an honest man who will tell me the truth regardless of the situation.

apeXMAN ! Do not let your eyes meet, repeat, DO NOT ! Head down, walk away slowly. Sell your sled if you have to !!

I have never rode this area yet, but plan to past through this up coming season. Winds and snowmobile traffic can remove snow from trails quite quickly at times. Especially if it is all powder. Been on trails were they are great in the morning and almost down to the dirt by late afternoon. Hopefully your next experience will be better. Does that lake simcoe bay usually freeze on the b103 by end of Jan?? How about the pass on lake couching on the top B? I would have to use either one to gain access to the north east.

BE VERY CAREFUL apeXMAN !! Very Careful - this is the balance of what SledJunk posted...........

I love to read, and take quiet walks on the beach. I listen to contemporary christian music, the oldies and hip-hop. I love to dance. I'm looking for an honest man who will tell me the truth regardless of the situation.

apeXMAN ! Do not let your eyes meet, repeat, DO NOT ! Head down, walk away slowly. Sell your sled if you have to !!

Funny Guy! :coffeespit::coffeespit:

At least I don't ride with (k)Neil

DSCN0006.jpg

I am always looking for new people to ride with because of the OLD people I have ridden with previously!

No it hasn't was on it last week looking at something.

Maybe they are doing updates right now and took it off line.

Mine has not been working for months, although I can look at the rest of the OFSC site no problem.

My Iphone app is working.

Thanks for letting me know!

I still want to know what will be groomed????????????

The interactive guide is back up! Sledjunk I had some of the best rides in that area but that was three years ago.The wind had blown the snow off the plowed fields the last time we were trying to go for a bite at the Belvedere .I found it better to avoid the area unless it was fresh snow.The grooming was top notch,but like you said mother nature had to help.I will give a go this season as I always ride a lot in the evening after work.I hope to volunteer time if my work stays on line,so I am sure we will ride this winter.No quiet walks on the beach sorry :rotflmao:

Probably not. The ofsc isn't that organized. Probably the new hire wearing the Cooper helmet is plating with the software I hear. Don't worry he will have it figured out by winter.

Now that it is back... what was updated? It looks pretty much the same to me.

Wait until the re-launch !

:footinmouth:

I'm hoping that the OFSC improves/updates the Iphone app as well. The maps aren't too detailed where entire areas aren't showing lakes and towns.

Skidooer, what custom Ios interactive map did you produce and is it available in the Itunes store?

I'm hoping that the OFSC improves/updates the Iphone app as well. The maps aren't too detailed where entire areas aren't showing lakes and towns.

Skidooer, what custom Ios interactive map did you produce and is it available in the Itunes store?

OFSC posted via their FaceBook page back in April or May, that the iPhone app was going to get a complete rewrite and their would also be BlackBerry and Android version available at the start of the season this year as well.

Archived