interactive trail guide

apeXMAN

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what a beaut it was...

OcPtT.jpg

Paid $25 bucks for my first car, cardboard and bondo for the bodywork, can of paint and a paintbrush for the paint job, good to go for about 2 years. $100 bucks for gov. innsurance which just covered the other guy. Got me through the rest of high school though. LOL.

200 Bucks ! :-o

When I was in my teens I paid less than that for a fully operational, abeit used, car !

Must have been a demo... :-)

Paid $25 bucks for my first car, cardboard and bondo for the bodywork, can of paint and a paintbrush for the paint job, good to go for about 2 years. $100 bucks for gov. innsurance which just covered the other guy. Got me through the rest of high school though. LOL.

$50. But I didn't have to go the cardboard and bondo and can of paint route. No safety check, no emissions check, no tire tax, no a/c tax (no a/c), no PDI, had to double clutch to get the darn thing into second, some sort of gov't insurance like you refer to, no graduated licence program, get a 'learners' on your 16th birthday and take a test for your permanent two days later, nice big back seat ;-) , and a trunk to hide 17 others when you went to the Drive-In.

How do teens have fun in the sterile world we've got today ??

HEY ! Don't answer that ! :shock:

$50. But I didn't have to go the cardboard and bondo and can of paint route. No safety check, no emissions check, no tire tax, no a/c tax (no a/c), no PDI, had to double clutch to get the darn thing into second, some sort of gov't insurance like you refer to, no graduated licence program, get a 'learners' on your 16th birthday and take a test for your permanent two days later, nice big back seat ;-) , and a trunk to hide 17 others when you went to the Drive-In.

How do teens have fun in the sterile world we've got today ??

HEY ! Don't answer that ! :shock:

Just goes to show you get what you pay for even back then I guess.

I lob them in ............... :roll: :roll:

All in good fun, STG.

Skidooer - love that building in the background. Any idea where the photo was taken?

All in good fun, STG.

Skidooer - love that building in the background. Any idea where the photo was taken?

Looks like Harriston.

And it also looks like the Heater Option has been folded and placed under the buck board. For a proper ride on a brisk evening it should be spread out over the laps of both ;-)

(punch line - have you ever seen what a mess they make when hey thaw out? )

Archived