New to sledding around here

Turbo Doo

Hey guys, just joined the site. Moved to Roseville, Ontario. I have a 2010 Polaris IQ turbo touring and a 2011 Ski-doo GSX SE 1200 4-stroke. Going to be doing some riding around here friday and saturday, was wondering were are some good places to ride to for lunch and fuel. Normally ride around my in-laws place in Orillia, but its the first time sledding around here for me. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Also if anyones interested in joining me and my father in law for some riding friday or saturday, feel free to join us. You can either meet us somewhere or feel free to park at my place in Roseville and go from there. Thinking on heading to Pecks in Plattsville friday night for wings.

Thanks alot and look forward to seeing you guys out on the trails....

Hey guys, just joined the site. Moved to Roseville, Ontario. I have a 2010 Polaris IQ turbo touring and a 2011 Ski-doo GSX SE 1200 4-stroke. Going to be doing some riding around here friday and saturday, was wondering were are some good places to ride to for lunch and fuel. Normally ride around my in-laws place in Orillia, but its the first time sledding around here for me. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Also if anyones interested in joining me and my father in law for some riding friday or saturday, feel free to join us. You can either meet us somewhere or feel free to park at my place in Roseville and go from there. Thinking on heading to Pecks in Plattsville friday night for wings.

Thanks alot and look forward to seeing you guys out on the trails....

Welcome to the forum IQ Turbo. I am sure you will find riding buddies here as well as first hand trail information. Please feel free to post reports of your adventures along with pictures, if you have them.

I am not in your area but I have ridden the Orillia area a few times.

Have fun and ride safe!

Watch out for Easy Rider!! Rumour has it he is running out of Roseville these days. :crazy_grn:

Hey IQ.. Welcome to the forum.. I lived in Ayr and New Dundee for 10 years and there is alot of riding to do from home!!!

My favorite trail places to eat or

1.) EJ's in Baden.. They have awseome wings and on wednesdays they have $5.00/lbs wings.. And all their food is great..

2.) Peck's in Plattsville.. They also have great wings and a place I like to eat after my ride is done...

3.) The Heidleberg Inn.. They have gigantic pork hock and suaerkraut dinners and yummy pig tails....

4.) The St.Clements clubhosue.. Always a great place to get a burger and fries.. They have awesome wings and a monthly (friday night) wing night). Go very early for wing night..

5.) Science Hill Drifters Clubhouse.. Great place with breakfasts and good food.. It's in St, Marys..

And remember to bring a roll of toilet paper with you for the ride home.. Or at least wear two pair of socks.. Happy riding and eating.. Rick

Oh and for fuel.. DanAyr in Ayr or Baltaz in New Dunee for a start.. There is no gas in the Elmira area on Sundays. Never pass a gas station when riding around here..

Isn't Ernie's Esso in Elmira open on Sunday anymore?

Thanks guys for all the replys, look forward to riding this coming weekend. Last weekend me and my father-inlaw rode from there cottage on lake simcoe, just outside orillia, off of memorial ave, over to coldwater and midland, great trails, meet alot of great guys. Never thought a 2010 Polaris IQ turbo touring would do 107mph across lake couchaching. Ride was a little rough with tons of drifts, but had to at least see what it would do. I am sure it has some left in it, just was getting nervous with the drifts and all..

See you guys on the trails

just was getting nervous with the drifts and all..

Don't be nervous!! If you only knew the size of our local snowdrifts you wouldn't go out at all lol..

MASSIVE!!!!! GIGANTIC!!!!!!!!!

Not always but when it`s drifting, a 5 foot drift can grow right after the groomer wenty through.. Hang on tight lol...

Thanks guys for all the replys, look forward to riding this coming weekend. Last weekend me and my father-inlaw rode from there cottage on lake simcoe, just outside orillia, off of memorial ave, over to coldwater and midland, great trails, meet alot of great guys. Never thought a 2010 Polaris IQ turbo touring would do 107mph across lake couchaching. Ride was a little rough with tons of drifts, but had to at least see what it would do. I am sure it has some left in it, just was getting nervous with the drifts and all..

See you guys on the trails

welcome to the forum, wow, 107mph on the lake. i sure hope you know your surroundings it would be sad to see this your last post because of a misfortune.

welcome to the forum, wow, 107mph on the lake. i sure hope you know your surroundings it would be sad to see this your last post because of a misfortune.

Wow, you must have been up all night worrying before you posted that happy thought at 9:30 this morning.:confused:

Welcome IQ T. :woot:

Wow, you must have been up all night worrying before you posted that happy thought at 9:30 this morning.:confused:

Welcome IQ T. :woot:

no, not up all night just half. -_-

i just don't like reading about mishaps like the one on puslinch that's all. :-(

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. But before me and my father in-law ran couchaching we ran a path first, making sure there was no cracks, other sledders and ice huts, etc, and only did the 107mph for a short burst. I am far from being a idiot and have way too many years left to risk things like what happended out on puslinch lake..

Thanks and happy sledding..

Change of plans guys. Trailering the sleds back up to the cottage in orillia instead of sledding around here. Hopefully some weekend SOON i can try the trails around here. Were thinking on heading to Gravenhurst and area on saturday and sunday..

Happy sledding..

Change of plans guys. Trailering the sleds back up to the cottage in orillia instead of sledding around here. Hopefully some weekend SOON i can try the trails around here. Were thinking on heading to Gravenhurst and area on saturday and sunday..

Happy sledding..

I moved to Roseville in May and ride out of there whenever there is snow. I live right on Roseville Rd. heading west towards Ayr. Everyone refers to it as the place with all the construction going on and the 4 car garage....

Drop in and say hello, maybe we can get together for a 'quick little rip'! :right_on:

Hmm, so your a salesman for Frieghtliner? My dads the Roads Superintendent for North Dumfries Township. I just moved into Roseville at the end of December on Marshall ave. Only house on the street with a triton snowmobile trailer in the driveway. Will stop in and say hi when time allows. Thanks for the invite. Look forward to sledding..

Happy sledding...

Happy sledding..

If you are in the Gravenhurst area, drop by the Snowcrest Riders Pancake breakfast and meet some of the members from here.

Will do, is it accessible by trail? I am assuming so...

Absolutely!! Check out details in the SnowCrest Forum Area SnowCrest Forum

Hmm, so your a salesman for Frieghtliner? My dads the Roads Superintendent for North Dumfries Township. I just moved into Roseville at the end of December on Marshall ave. Only house on the street with a triton snowmobile trailer in the driveway. Will stop in and say hi when time allows. Thanks for the invite. Look forward to sledding..

Happy sledding...

Small world! I actually call on your father, N.D. is one of my accounts. I know exactly where you live, that place was for sale for a while, nice spot. My wife and I walk our dogs past your place every morning between 6 and 6:30 and you have a big old Shepard with a BIG BARK in the back yard that scared the crap out of my wife the 1st. time he was out in the yard. Stop by anytime, it would be good to meet you!

IQ be very very careful if u pay easy a visit..............just say no to the cider :rolleyes:

Easy Rider, will have to stop in sometime, thanks for the invite. As to the shepard in the back yard, he's a Pyrenean Mountain Dog, roughly 120lbs, sure keeps me and the wife busy looking after him...Eats us out of house and home. Sure is good protection for the sleds!!LOL!!..

Bring on the snow, was planning on riding from the inlaws cottage in orillia to North bay, but with the storm coming, might run up and grab the sleds thursday night and ride around here..Finally...

Easy Rider, will have to stop in sometime, thanks for the invite. As to the shepard in the back yard, he's a Pyrenean Mountain Dog, roughly 120lbs, sure keeps me and the wife busy looking after him...Eats us out of house and home. Sure is good protection for the sleds!!LOL!!..

Bring on the snow, was planning on riding from the inlaws cottage in orillia to North bay, but with the storm coming, might run up and grab the sleds thursday night and ride around here..Finally...

Cool dog! It has always been dark when we walk by and I thought he looked like a Shepard from the road. That dog has a LARGE bark!

Some good riding around here, when we have snow! You will be amazed at the number of trails.

Archived