OC Ride for Kelly & Austin - Update

maple

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

After a great day of sledding, I wanted to give everyone a quick update.

OC.com raised just over $11K for the Kelly Shires Foundation!

:woot::woot::woot:

Thanks to everyone who participated and to those who sponsored their fellow OC.com members.

Pictures, etc., to follow.

Great job team!!!! :D:D:D

Kudos to the group that planned and replanned this event.

Job well done!!

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

After a great day of sledding, I wanted to give everyone a quick update.

OC.com raised just over $11K for the Kelly Shires Foundation!

:woot::woot::woot:

Thanks to everyone who participated and to those who sponsored their fellow OC.com members.

Pictures, etc., to follow.

wow thats great ...job well done :D

Thats awesome!!! Great work on all the planning, I know it was certainly a challenge.

Hats off to all involved. Even with all of the speed bumps you continue to impress....................................now change the water in the hot tub please

Hats off to all involved. Even with all of the speed bumps you continue to impress....................................now change the water in the hot tub please

Did you notice the picture of the sign I took on the other thread? :o

Thank you for compliment Randy - but hat's off to all OC members that were able to raise the funds for this charity and really make it so successful!!!! Next year - you and Lori must plan to make it!

Over $11K, thats awesome!!

Over $11K, thats awesome!!

Ditto...and thanks again, Maple, for your tireless efforts (along with Giddy UP and Evil) to put all of this together and make it happen.

[bTW, we need a "thumbs up" emoticon on this board...]

We had a 'fingers' up smilie, but they removed that one. :cry:

But here's a 'thumbs up' one just for you irREVerent!

ThumbsUp.gif

We had a 'fingers' up smilie, but they removed that one. :cry:

But here's a 'thumbs up' one just for you irREVerent!

ThumbsUp.gif

Merci beaucoup...can it be added to the master list of smilies?

Sorry it's taken so long to get this together, but it was an exhausting (but worthwhile) weekend. Thanks again to everyone who helped organize, helped set up and participated in this year's ride - hopefully the first of many!

I would also like to thank all those who supported our riders with pledges and those who donated prizes to the event ...

Yamaha (thanks Rick and Chris)

The Cove

Seguin Marina

irREVerent

LuvMyViper

low_rider

mossy

Leprechaun

... and a special thanks to Canuck (you know why ;) )

I apologize if I've missed anyone.

Before I start my update on this incredible weekend, you will notice that there are no trail pictures or trail reports. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get out on my sled this weekend :cry: but it was all worth it. Everyone else has, or will be, posting their trail reports and pics ... enjoy!

As Giddy Up mentioned, I headed up Thursday night so I was ahead of the weather. That decision definitely put a kink in my plans for the week as Thursday is generally laundry night at home ... so guess where I was Friday morning?

OCRideforKelly003.jpg

OCRideforKelly002.jpg

Most started arriving at The Riverside Inn around noon on Friday. Cannot compliment Don and Brenda (owners of The Riverside Inn) enough for their hospitality on the weekend ... they were fantastic! :woot:

OCRideforKelly005.jpg

Had lunch with a great group before most of them decided to head out for a ride - fish & chips was the special of the day.

FishChips.jpg

These pictures were taken from the dining room while we were waiting for lunch to arrive.

LunchtimeView1.jpg

LunchtimeView2.jpg

Thanks to Mrs. 14Snow for helping put together the goody bags while everyone was enjoying a great afternoon ride. But, wait a minute ... I thought UTS and Domino were out riding the trails?!?!?

OCRideforKelly011.jpg

Dinner that night was a 'gathering of the minds'. :crazy:

A motley crew of characters ...

OCRideforKelly017.jpg

After a great dinner, a few of us went downstairs to enjoy the bowling alley ... Evil has those pics (and they can be had for a price). ;)

Headed back up to the room to relax and get some rest before the big day. Hey, who's been in our room and what did they do to our ceiling? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

OCRideforKelly034.jpg

Saturday morning was beautiful (at least for most of us ... some of us found it a little hard to get the head off the pillow).

A few of the sleds locked up in the 'compound'.

OCRideforKelly037.jpg

OCRideforKelly038.jpg

After a great breakfast (this was STG's) ...

STGBreakfast2.jpg

... it was off to the trails!

OCRideforKelly040.jpg

OCRideforKelly041.jpg

OCRideforKelly042.jpg

OCRideforKelly044.jpg

OCRideforKelly045.jpg

OCRideforKelly046.jpg

OCRideforKelly047.jpg

OCRideforKelly048.jpg

OCRideforKelly049.jpg

OCRideforKelly050.jpg

OCRideforKelly051.jpg

OCRideforKelly052.jpg

OCRideforKelly053.jpg

OCRideforKelly054.jpg

OCRideforKelly055.jpg

OCRideforKelly056.jpg

OCRideforKelly057.jpg

OCRideforKelly058.jpg

OCRideforKelly059.jpg

OCRideforKelly060.jpg

After sitting back and relaxing for a bit, it was off to the Bass Lake House to join the 'slower' groups for lunch ... Mrs. 14Snow and I enjoyed ourselves. The food and company were great!

OCRideforKelly067.jpg

OCRideforKelly064.jpg

Hey, Giddy Up! I'M the one taking pictures!

OCRideforKelly066.jpg

Back to the hotel to set up the Silent Auction and let the riders get back on the trails.

Dinner was phenomenal ... The Riverside Inn sure knows how to put on a spread!

OCRideforKelly075.jpg

OCRideforKelly074.jpg

OCRideforKelly069.jpg

OCRideforKelly071.jpg

OCRideforKelly072.jpg

OCRideforKelly073.jpg

And the desserts were incredible!

OCRideforKelly076-1.jpg

OCRideforKelly077-1.jpg

After enjoying a great meal, it was down to business. People were heavily invested in the Silent Auction and were more than happy to participate in the 50/50 draw!

After all was said and done, the group from OC.com raised a just over $9K in pledges (with more on the way) and about $2K between the 50/50 draw and Silent Auction for a total of over $11K!

OCRideforKelly078-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their support and participation - this event would not have been possible without all of you! I'm still crying over the generosity of this group.

If you have any late pledges, please forward them to me along with completed pledge sheets. I will gather them all and send one envelope to the Foundation. PM me for the address.

Can't wait until next year! Thanks again!

:woot::woot:

Rene! Great report and more great pics of the weekend!

:woot::woot::wavey:

Wow; Looks like I missed a wonderful weekend! Congrats on the fundraising and thanks for the pics of everything I missed. :confused:

I finally got back to work today after fighting the flu for the better part of a week. :puke: Wish I could have been there and look forward to next years extravaganza! :woot:

This was a great time for all who attended. Raising over $11,000 was a amazing. The other fantastic part of the weekend was getting to meet so many of you and have a chance to ride together. Thanks to the ladies for putting it together and thanks to everyone else who was able to attend.

Kevin

Thanks.. Maple,Evil,Giddy Up and everyone else involved,even with a few speed bumps at the last minute it was a great and successful event,looking forward to #2.

Sammy

It was a good time. Great memories....................and some I will forget! :P

Can you elaborate for us? This could be interesting...

That will be $39.95 plus shipping and handling! :P

If you want a DVD add $10.00! :rotflmao:

Glad to hear the event was a success.

Funds raised, new friends, and charitable awareness.

We couldn't attend this year, but look forward to riding in next year's event.

Archived