Winter Starts Next Wednesday

SlowTouringGuy

Next week's forecast for Gravenhurst (including Housey's Rapids, Lewisham, Barkway, Harmony Corners)

Nov 25 Rain and freezing rain in the evening; snow late. Winds from the SSW at 9 .Realfeel®: -3 °CLow: -2 °C

Thursday, Nov 26 Mostly cloudy and colder with a snow shower possible. Winds from the N at 11 .Realfeel®: -1 °CHigh: -2 °C

Thursday Night, Nov 26 Occasional evening snow; otherwise, colder with plenty of clouds. Winds from the NNW at 24 .Realfeel®: -17 °CLow: -8 °C

Friday, Nov 27 Low clouds with periods of snow in the afternoon. Winds from the NW at 17 .Realfeel®: -7 °CHigh: -1 °C

Friday Night, Nov 27 Mostly cloudy and cold. Winds from the W at 11 .Realfeel®: -12 °CLow: -8 °C

Saturday, Nov 28 Snow. Winds from the SSW at 17 .Realfeel®: -8 °CHigh: -1 °C

Saturday Night, Nov 28 Snow. Winds from the SW at 22 .Realfeel®: -16 °CLow: -8 °C

Next week's forecast for Gravenhurst (including Housey's Rapids, Lewisham, Barkway, Harmony Corners)

Nov 25 Rain and freezing rain in the evening; snow late. Winds from the SSW at 9 .Realfeel®: -3 °CLow: -2 °C

Thursday, Nov 26 Mostly cloudy and colder with a snow shower possible. Winds from the N at 11 .Realfeel®: -1 °CHigh: -2 °C

Thursday Night, Nov 26 Occasional evening snow; otherwise, colder with plenty of clouds. Winds from the NNW at 24 .Realfeel®: -17 °CLow: -8 °C

Friday, Nov 27 Low clouds with periods of snow in the afternoon. Winds from the NW at 17 .Realfeel®: -7 °CHigh: -1 °C

Friday Night, Nov 27 Mostly cloudy and cold. Winds from the W at 11 .Realfeel®: -12 °CLow: -8 °C

Saturday, Nov 28 Snow. Winds from the SSW at 17 .Realfeel®: -8 °CHigh: -1 °C

Saturday Night, Nov 28 Snow. Winds from the SW at 22 .Realfeel®: -16 °CLow: -8 °C

:woot::woot: Wahoo bring it on... let it snow let it snow let it snow... I have my time to wake up old man winter poster in my office. I'm not real popular with most.

today is next Wednesday, how is the winter shaping up so far, or am I going to continue to be depressed. Was thinking of giving Wildbill a call to get my sled in for service, but I am not sure with all the doom and gloom on the snow front.

4my

today is next Wednesday, how is the winter shaping up so far, or am I going to continue to be depressed. Was thinking of giving Wildbill a call to get my sled in for service, but I am not sure with all the doom and gloom on the snow front.

4my

Buy an ark.

4my

Buy an ark.

I can remember a winter... quite some time ago however that we sat looking over the Nottawasaga River on New Years Day and watched two guys paddle a canoe down the river in relatively light clothes. Swetashirt and jacket. I just hope this isn't one of them. That was the last winter that Sturgeon Point Marine in Wasaga was a Ski-doo dealer. He couldn't give them away that winter and ski-doo wanted him to take even more inventory the next winter to meet his quota.

4my

Pretty good here in beautiful downtown Housey's Rapids Ontario. +8, overcast, some drizzle. :roll:

Our weather 'experts' have now pushed things off to Sunday. And I believe them. :P

4my

Pretty good here in beautiful downtown Housey's Rapids Ontario. +8, overcast, some drizzle. :roll:

Our weather 'experts' have now pushed things off to Sunday. And I believe them. :P

Pushed them to which Sunday....in February?

There has to be snow on the trails for Christmas... I just booked a few days away and I am just confident I will be taking the sleds... if not I will be forced to spend the time indoors with the wife.

There has to be snow on the trails for Christmas... I just booked a few days away and I am just confident I will be taking the sleds... if not I will be forced to spend the time indoors with the wife.

She's doing the snow dance as well. :lol: :poke:

Well done :lol:

So is the mailman :o

Obviously you know my wife... if we are not occupied sledding she will likely want to either go shopping or to the spa... we already have a weekend booked where she goes to the spa... do you know how much gas that takes away from the sleds

Obviously you know my wife... if we are not occupied sledding she will likely want to either go shopping or to the spa... we already have a weekend booked where she goes to the spa... do you know how much gas that takes away from the sleds

Dude. Better plan on getting your nails done and a stone massage. It is doubtfull that there will be sufficient frost in the ground and snowfall to support any grooming and open trails by Christmas. My bet is for January 24th for the trails to open

Dude. Better plan on getting your nails done and a stone massage. It is doubtfull that there will be sufficient frost in the ground and snowfall to support any grooming and open trails by Christmas. My bet is for January 24th for the trails to open

Hey, Fred, aren't you quite the optimist? Spare us all the negative thoughts... :poke:

Ya I'd have to agree with that last comment.. the negativity is getting a bit much

Ditto

Snow day for the kiddies this coming Thursday. :woot:

Ya I'd have to agree with that last comment.. the negativity is getting a bit much

Ditto

Just Calling it the way I see it. If you guys want to pretend that you will be sledding next week then fill your boots. The fact is that there is no frost in the ground, there is lot's of surface water and the temps need to drop and stay dropped. I want snow as much as the rest. A new sled last year that saw under 1000K and a new sled for my wife (just picked up) this year. So I want snow too, in the worst way. However, I am not going to be the first moron out riding at the drop of a few inches of snow, when the base is not frozen and the swamps are not safe either.

Ditto

Just Calling it the way I see it. If you guys want to pretend that you will be sledding next week then fill your boots. The fact is that there is no frost in the ground, there is lot's of surface water and the temps need to drop and stay dropped. I want snow as much as the rest. A new sled last year that saw under 1000K and a new sled for my wife (just picked up) this year. So I want snow too, in the worst way. However, I am not going to be the first moron out riding at the drop of a few inches of snow, when the base is not frozen and the swamps are not safe either.

In all fairness Jan 24th is real extreme...frost in ground???? we had swamps that didn't freeze last winter...frost was very late coming due to all of the early snow we received. Ground is stating to harden up now and yes two weeks of real cold would be good.

Prediction for snow here tonight ! Dance, Dance, Dance !! And flurries every day this week.

:wavey:

Ok; they were wrong again. No white stuff on the ground here this morning. Nuts :(

We had a dusting of snow . Judgeing by the cars on the highway this morning somewhere nearby had more than a dusting .

Archived