Winter Starts Next Wednesday

SlowTouringGuy

Ya I'd have to agree with that last comment.. the negativity is getting a bit much

Ditto

Just Calling it the way I see it. If you guys want to pretend that you will be sledding next week then fill your boots. The fact is that there is no frost in the ground, there is lot's of surface water and the temps need to drop and stay dropped. I want snow as much as the rest. A new sled last year that saw under 1000K and a new sled for my wife (just picked up) this year. So I want snow too, in the worst way. However, I am not going to be the first moron out riding at the drop of a few inches of snow, when the base is not frozen and the swamps are not safe either.

In all fairness Jan 24th is real extreme...frost in ground???? we had swamps that didn't freeze last winter...frost was very late coming due to all of the early snow we received. Ground is stating to harden up now and yes two weeks of real cold would be good.

I remember seeing someone post that they were clearing the snow off the trail to get the ground to freeze!

Ya I'd have to agree with that last comment.. the negativity is getting a bit much

Ditto

Just Calling it the way I see it. If you guys want to pretend that you will be sledding next week then fill your boots. The fact is that there is no frost in the ground, there is lot's of surface water and the temps need to drop and stay dropped. I want snow as much as the rest. A new sled last year that saw under 1000K and a new sled for my wife (just picked up) this year. So I want snow too, in the worst way. However, I am not going to be the first moron out riding at the drop of a few inches of snow, when the base is not frozen and the swamps are not safe either.

In all fairness Jan 24th is real extreme...frost in ground???? we had swamps that didn't freeze last winter...frost was very late coming due to all of the early snow we received. Ground is stating to harden up now and yes two weeks of real cold would be good.

I will continue to be an optimist. Once it starts it doesn't take long. 2005 was a slow start to winter however I was riding in a fresh two feet of snow on boxing day.

Prediction for snow here tonight ! Dance, Dance, Dance !! And flurries every day this week.

:wavey:

Ok; they were wrong again. No white stuff on the ground here this morning. Nuts :(

We had a dusting of snow . Judgeing by the cars on the highway this morning somewhere nearby had more than a dusting .

Nice to know it's close by. :D

The weather network last week showed activity coming in off of Georgian Bay and forecast that for some areas on in Muskoka they could see as much as 10 cm of snow over the next couple of days.

Well, we got some snow...............lets hope it stays.

59_00fa97ea6712be44bf788b7600ab18ce

Great news!! :woot:

We didn't get any snow in Apsley overnight, but I saw a couple of southbound vehicles that had snow on them. :woot:

Archived