Hornepayne lodging?

Canuck

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Hornepayne?

I can't open Revrnd's motel list on this computer (zip file).

Maybe someone who's actually stayed there (for more than 2 hours :wtf: ) can post recommendations.

Thanks STG.

the old four stevens resto and cabins are supposed to be opened too, they are now known as Uncle's. not sure if they will have fuel or not. ski

We stayed at the north star inn last year. I had no problem with it but my wife had some issues. The one thing that was a bummer was no hot water. It was warm at best. I'm sure the issue has been resolved since then though. :coffeenose:

We stayed at the north star inn last year. I had no problem with it but my wife had some issues. The one thing that was a bummer was no hot water. It was warm at best. I'm sure the issue has been resolved since then though. :coffeenose:

nope it hasnt! they have boiler problems, and dont have the funds to fix it. this used to be a premier stop on any northern ontario tour. i hope things get straightened out and return this area to a must stop destination. ski

The issues must've happened after we were there in Feb' as we had no complaints (sister in law there as well).

If no hot water, how was the restaurant cleaning the dishes or housekeeping cleaning the bedding?

The issues must've happened after we were there in Feb' as we had no complaints (sister in law there as well).

If no hot water, how was the restaurant cleaning the dishes or housekeeping cleaning the bedding?

The same way the 'fancy' hotels clean the glasses in the rooms? :puke::sick:

The same way the 'fancy' hotels clean the glasses in the rooms? :puke::sick:

I don't want to see that video again :puke:

Hornepayne website has an interesting mileage chart fyi

Interesting Chart! Could be very handy.

Stayed at the North Star last year or the year before, the accomadations were nice the people were great. It was very cold when we were there -35. I couldn't start my F1000 and a 4-stroke Yamaha needed some warmth, the people at the hotel pulled the Yami into a heated garaged to warm. We were on the trail by 12:00.

The restaurant is kind of basic but overall it was a good place to stay.

So when did this place have a name change?

5-6 years ago ox. where have you been? LOL! ski

Stayed at the North Star last year or the year before, the accomadations were nice the people were great. It was very cold when we were there -35. I couldn't start my F1000 and a 4-stroke Yamaha needed some warmth, the people at the hotel pulled the Yami into a heated garaged to warm. We were on the trail by 12:00.

The restaurant is kind of basic but overall it was a good place to stay.

Agree on the restaurant comment.

At least it's licenced :D:D

(for our communion services)

5-6 years ago ox. where have you been? LOL! ski

Well - I was tryin' to think when we were there last. Near as I can think - it would have been early Dec of 02.

They had 3' early on and we went up there and played, but boy that snow was heavy! My chumms primary on his Pol was never the same after that ride. Eventually just bought a new one. :wtf: It got pretty hot.

Also - the lakes were awfull slushy after so much snow - that early especially!

I took some guys up to Manitouwadge a few yrs ago and we rode towards Hornepayne, but I turned back at the river crossing (You can imagine what route we were on ;) ) when one of my rad rods broke from way too many land mine encounters. I gave them my Sat phone and they continued on with a chumm of mine from Manitouwadge and I rode back to the motel and cought up on sleep.

So I was almost there a few yrs ago. :whatever:

I have since made up my own trail replaceable rad rod setup! And I've been known to need them too. Wild Bill can testify - but he's likely not lurking this early?

Who knows - maybe this yr? (Will wait for a water heater report first tho. )

I've witnessed Ox's trailside repair, about 10 minutes for a rad. rod end replacement. Never thought about carrying spares for that. You going back up to Halfway again this year Ox, maybe with that longer track?

Jack

Isn't this the place where they have Groomer Guys favorite lunch? Cabbage soup and chocolate milk.... I remember something about that place....... :puke:

i think he did that at ernie's not at the centre inn/craig's place. it wasnt the food, it was his choice of combinations of cabbage soup and chocolate milk, and then blending in on a high speed trail run. bump bump bump :puke:

ski

i think he did that at ernie's not at the centre inn/craig's place. it wasnt the food, it was his choice of combinations of cabbage soup and chocolate milk, and then blending in on a high speed trail run. bump bump bump :puke:

ski

Wasn't there a grilled cheese sandwich in there somewhere too? :puke:

I've witnessed Ox's trailside repair, about 10 minutes for a rad. rod end replacement. Never thought about carrying spares for that. You going back up to Halfway again this year Ox, maybe with that longer track?

Jack

Well howdy Jack!

Stick'n with the old name eh?

Glad to see that you signed up.

Git'n my carb straitened out will be the best thing I can doo. That day when riding with you guys it seemed a bit poochy, but ... The next day on the way back to the truck it just kept git'n fatter and fatter as it got warmer and warmer. I should have stopped and dropped the jets a bunch, but I just kept thinking "There kant be too many more hills yet". I made it back alive, so there must not have been "too" many hills yet, but there were Shirley enough! I could have EASILLY justified the time to yank the carbs off! (Of course I have a big variety of jets on board too. Only was ever used by Pols before tho. ;) ) I guess my DPM has been upside down a few too many times. :wtf: They doo git swamped...

Odds are I will end up at Halfway aggin sometime this yr, but I make no plans. I sure hope the sled is sporting the new track this yr, simply b/c that will mean that it finally got the new tunnel that it has needed for a few yrs too!

I found a land mine hiding along 17 at the end of the swamp just S of the Ford dealer. 4-5 yrs ago. I never seen it but it was lookin right at me! Stuffed my bulkhead back about 3" and that trip was over.

Found a Renegade chassis for cheap and switched everything over, but the shorter tunnel (with extension) didn't hold up too well. You may have noticed a length of 1/8 x 2 (or 3"?) steel strip that I have bolted to the sides to keep everybody in line? It was originally added as a pull point for an Otter sled tho...

I think the sled will likely make it's way into the shop by next weekend.

Bro was talking to Hornepayne the other day as we have reservations there for Feb'. Woman @ the Centre Inn said they're always working on the boiler there.

Unless anyone has concrete info about the situation I think we should stop speculating.

i wasnt speculating, came from a very reliable source within the community of hornepayne while we were in town visiting about 6 weeks ago. ski

Archived