Hornepayne lodging?

Canuck

Good Morning Everyone,

I would just like to clear up a few issues, about the Northstar Centre Inn. As previously stated we do have a slight ongoing problem with our hot water system, but it has nothing to do with the boilers. To be truthful, the problem originates from an intermittent cold water source that on occasions dumps cold water into the line. It usually effects only 1 or 2 rooms but because of the nature of the system ( the hot water for the entire 150,00.00 sq/ft building is carried from this line and loops through 34 hotel rooms, 32 apartments, a high school, a retail area, showers in the recreation area and 10 communal bathrooms in the CN accommodation) and the fact that it is does not always effect the same rooms, we are unable to pinpoint the source of the cold water.

Our hot water temperature is steady at around 110 - 115 degrees year round and leaves our tanks at this temperature. For the most part we have no problems maintaining this temperature, and as we monitor the system daily we can see that after the water has looped the building it is returning to the holding tank at around 90 degrees. There may be the odd time that it returns at a lower temp and this is when some guests will experience luke warm water. When this happens we manually adjust our out-flow of hot water and increase the volume in the line, making sure that we have enough hot water to bring the overall temp back up. It make 10 or 15 minuets to accomplish the desired temperature, but we almost always get the temperature back up, using this method.

As someone was also concerned about the hot water for the restaurant, the reason why it is not effected is because the kitchen has had a hot water booster on it's line for many years, and it always maintains the correct water temperature.

I hope this has cleared up some misconceptions abut the Centre Inn, and please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns or questions about this or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Chris J. Ward

General Manager

Northstar Centre Inn

Hornepayne

Our hot water temperature is steady at around 110 - 115 degrees year round and leaves our tanks at this temperature. For the most part we have no problems maintaining this temperature, and as we monitor the system daily we can see that after the water has looped the building it is returning to the holding tank at around 90 degrees.

Last time I was in Hornepayne and stayed the the Northstar, 90 degrees was 130 degrees higher than the outdoor air temperature.

Was it spring when you stayed here? :)

:coffeespit:

I spent the entire summer there once... it was the last week of July.

Archived