BRP Comes Through Again

sledjunk

Just received my promotional flyer from BRP.

They are continuing their Million Dollar Club Support Program again this year.

Kudos to them for doing this and THANK YOU!

Hope everyone fills out a form and drops it off at a local dealership to help support the trails that we all enjoy.

Good on BRP, way to go

Hope everyone fills out a form and drops it off at a local dealership to help support the trails that we all enjoy.

Makes you want to buy a doo doesnt it? ;)

Makes you want to buy a doo doesnt it? ;)

:umno:

Just make sure you write the full name of the snow mobile clubs for example : "Baxter Snow Riders" and not "BSR" .

Some clubs had many ballots filled out but too many were abbreviated in short form .

There are 230 snowmobile clubs across Ontario and this makes it difficult for the number crunchers at BRP to figure out who gets what .

Great program and I wish it a success !

:right_on:

Knowing BRP I have to ask, what is in it for them :roll:

I am happy for the Million, just questioning the motivation......

I think they are realizing that the trail system is what keeps sledders buying sleds. I only wish the other manufacturers would follow suit.

A guaranteed visit to the dealership.

Yep.

I tried to submit form at the October show last year - they wouldn't accept it.

Still seems to be a good program, if local trail associations are getting $

Yep.

I agree is is ultimately good for the trail associations and us, but if BRP did not have an ulterior motive, they would not link the program dealer visits. I should be able to submit online, or maybe they could just hand the million over without the games.

Yep.

I agree is is ultimately good for the trail associations and us, but if BRP did not have an ulterior motive, they would not link the program dealer visits. I should be able to submit online, or maybe they could just hand the million over without the games.

Nothing is free in this world it does not kill you to walk into a dealership.

Yep.

I have bought 3 Ski-doo sleds over the phone. I have bought countless vehicles over the phone. (yes I picked them up :roll: ) Now I have to visit the dealership to drop a piece of paper in a box? :umno: Get to know me..... :P

I know the visit won't kill me, but it may inconvenience me. Have you tried dressing up as a human lately? :|

So for a second, let's make this about Corporate North America taking credit for good will gestures when it is really a requirement or its employee's donations. The company's name is all over the donations. Every time I hear an advertisement from a company stating that they donated to a cause or its employee's have, it is bitter sweet. I am glad to see support for real charitable causes, however a large corporation's motivation is its reputation or increased revenue.

Large corporation rarely donate to charitable organizations that would result in no PR for them.

My former employer (one of the largest in Canada) would distribute forms for the united way to all of its employees, and keep track of them. This practice was stopped, but the harassing culture and the push for payroll deductions and other forms of coercing contributions continued is unethical in my opinion. When I want to donate to a good cause, I will. I will do it of my own free will. I have many times and I do not ask to be named or for any form of personal credit.

As for small business, they generally donate out of the goodness of their hearts because they want to. Sometimes to also get their name out there when it is a prize donation for a charitable golf tournament etc. This is all good. Large corporation should take a page from the book of small business.

There are a lot of good people here on OCC and sledders in general that give a lot, without being coerced :woot::woot:

The truest selfless acts of charity are those that come anonymously.

The support is all good, I just thing we need to be aware of the motivations. :wavey:

The money gets funneled down the pipe to the local dealer which is why you need to drop it off at your local dealer. The local dealer then presents the local club with the cheque.

Why do people think their has to be other motives ?

BRP is a huge corporate sponsor of the OFSC and helps offset a lot of exspenses right down to your local club.

Permits aren't the only thing bringing the money in to run our organization.

Good public relations. Especially after the problems with the 500SS engines.

Yep.

I have bought 3 Ski-doo sleds over the phone. I have bought countless vehicles over the phone. (yes I picked them up :roll: ) Now I have to visit the dealership to drop a piece of paper in a box? :umno: Get to know me..... :P

I know the visit won't kill me, but it may inconvenience me. Have you tried dressing up as a human lately? :|

So for a second, let's make this about Corporate North America taking credit for good will gestures when it is really a requirement or its employee's donations. The company's name is all over the donations. Every time I hear an advertisement from a company stating that they donated to a cause or its employee's have, it is bitter sweet. I am glad to see support for real charitable causes, however a large corporation's motivation is its reputation or increased revenue.

Large corporation rarely donate to charitable organizations that would result in no PR for them.

My former employer (one of the largest in Canada) would distribute forms for the united way to all of its employees, and keep track of them. This practice was stopped, but the harassing culture and the push for payroll deductions and other forms of coercing contributions continued is unethical in my opinion. When I want to donate to a good cause, I will. I will do it of my own free will. I have many times and I do not ask to be named or for any form of personal credit.

As for small business, they generally donate out of the goodness of their hearts because they want to. Sometimes to also get their name out there when it is a prize donation for a charitable golf tournament etc. This is all good. Large corporation should take a page from the book of small business.

There are a lot of good people here on OCC and sledders in general that give a lot, without being coerced :woot::woot:

The support is all good, I just thing we need to be aware of the motivations. :wavey:

Kindly PM me your information you would put on the ballot and I will gladly pass it on to my local club.

Thanks

Yep.

Kindly PM me your information you would put on the ballot and I will gladly pass it on to my local club.

Thanks

OMG :!::shock:

What's her motivation ?? :?::?::?::o

Yep.

Thanks

OMG :!::shock:

What's her motivation ?? :?::?::?::o

$10 for my Club. :crazy:

Motive or not, the simple fact is that more people in the showroom equals more sales. This is not a bad thing, of course. If BRP and the clubs can make money, everyone wins. Why is the idea of a motive considered negative?

Especially after the problems with the 500SS engines.

Monkey operators aside, I have never heard of any serious problems with the 500SS. Do you mean the 600HO?

Motive or not, the simple fact is that more people in the showroom equals more sales. This is not a bad thing, of course. If BRP and the clubs can make money, everyone wins. Why is the idea of a motive considered negative?

Monkey operators aside, I have never heard of any serious problems with the 500SS. Do you mean the 600HO?

The last couple of years there has been a mid-band leanout on the 500SS. Especially following a sequence of high revolutions for a period, drop to low revs and then back on the throttle. Adjusted jetting has addressed the problem.

I don't think that BRP's largesse is related to the 500SS at all. Otherwise, they would still be offering certificates for the welch plugs on the 1971 tillotsons.

I also agree that 'motivation' does not necessarily have to carry a negative connotation. If they can put some bucks on the trails and sell some iron at the same time then it is (as is tritely known) a 'win-win' situation.

It was just a dig ;)

Archived