F trail Chapleau to Missanabie

sobeit

The OFSC site goes on to say:

"The Operations Directors meet twice yearly to deal with trail-related issues and internal district concerns. "

Let's hope they're meeting right now about the F trail.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the OFSC was supposed to do that. :wtf:

They are, I guess we are paying a president to do nothing, as his hands are tied and he has no say...........first president of any organization that I have ever heard of that doesn't have the final say. Well he and his board of directors anyways. I guess the prezz just does what the clubs say.

They are, I guess we are paying a president to do nothing, as his hands are tied and he has no say...........first president of any organization that I have ever heard of that doesn't have the final say. Well he and his board of directors anyways. I guess the prezz just does what the clubs say.

i thought it was 7000 volunteers that ran it. :wtf:

OFSC President is not a paid position, and is basically only a spokesman position, with no more authority then any other volunteer within the organization.

i thought it was 7000 volunteers that ran it. :wtf:

Correct the majority vote of the organizations volunteers have final say.

OFSC President is not a paid position, and is basically only a spokesman position, with no more authority then any other volunteer within the organization.

well then that is not a presidential position and that terminology should not be used.

well then that is not a presidential position and that terminology should not be used.

The OFSC site goes on to say:

"The Operations Directors meet twice yearly to deal with trail-related issues and internal district concerns. "

Let's hope they're meeting right now about the F trail.

And let's consider this:

These are volunteers. They have other jobs, other responsibilities. They are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts.

Can we really demand that they meet more than twice a year? If we're not paying them, what can we expect from them except the most that they can give at any time? The F trail is a fiasco; driven by greed and held hostage as a bargaining tool by an individual for his own self interest.

The Operations Directors are going to meet twice a year to deal with this????

I hope the meetings are at least 5 months each because it needs a lot more attention than the best intentioned volunteers can give it.

This is a full time businessman in Chapleau taking advantage of a volunteer organization because he knows he can.

We can't expect, nor can we demand more from the volunteers of the OFSC. They are volunteers. They are not paid to do this job.

What is the official response from the club pertaining to this closure? How have they rationalized it and what do they say they need to keep it open? I have yet to read the clubs position and have seen much conjecture relating to their motives. I too understand the need for this trail to be open, yet the question remains, what is needed to make that happen.

What is the official response from the club pertaining to this closure? How have they rationalized it and what do they say they need to keep it open? I have yet to read the clubs position and have seen much conjecture relating to their motives. I too understand the need for this trail to be open, yet the question remains, what is needed to make that happen.

if they dont have to answer to the ofsc, or the regional districts, why would they answer to an internet forum?

i find it quite commical that the ofsc can demand, clubs, and disctricts follow, saftey, signage, bridge, and trail maintainence (with the mto/mnr oversights), provide funding (50% or more in some/most cases) for groomers and drags, but cant work with a district/region to keep a trail open in an area that needs it open, wants it open, and other clubs and districts, business owners and the membership of the ofsc (sledders), willing to work with the club that wants to close it, to maintain it being opened.

i believe, there is alot more we are not being told. ALOT!

maybe as one poster put it, there comes a time that a changing of the guard is required for another group to step up and run a club. even if it means a step back for a short time. but this started alot longer than last year, and now it has came to a head, and this trail will close this season. THIS WAS VERY AVOIDABLE.

ski

So, is it Flame Lake that is driving this closure and if so I fail to see the benefit in doing so. Unless they were to think that people running from Timmins have no choice but to run south to them from Chapleu and this would drive traffic to them, but in the end losing the northern loop will decrease traffic and drive tourism to other areas.

no, no, no, gary and karen at flame lake are great people and have awesome services and place to stay. they do not want to see any region trails close.

roger at aux trois moulin's is the one heading this. at first it was labeled a money thing, than money was offered, then it was a man power thing, and other districts and clubs stepped up to help. now it appears it is just cause that is what they want to do kind of thing.

there are no good reasons to close the trail, and many many reasons and ideas with backing to keep it open.

there is more here than meets the eye, and with everyone being quiet on it (districts, clubs, and the ofsc) it only leaves the end user to make their own guesses.

i think this is better to be talked about in the open, than behind closed doors. how else can the ofsc membership be part of what is going on. including but not limited to supporting or not supporting a closure, reroute, temp closure, or possible opening of another trail in the region.

WE SHOULD BE PART, AND PRIVY TO THIS INFORMATION AND DECISION.

ski

I was looking for that old thread to post a link to it, there was like 11 pages or so. It really tells the story of what is going on. Do you remember the title of that thread Ski?? I think Reg posted it.

I was looking for that old thread to post a link to it, there was like 11 pages or so. It really tells the story of what is going on. Do you remember the title of that thread Ski?? I think Reg posted it.

Here you go

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3474

Here you go

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3474

That is the 1, thanks junk

anybody that is interested in the story and hasn't been following it, read that other thread, it is interesting to say the least.

What I haven't seen anyone mention is whether the C101f running from Chapleau-Foleyet-Timmins is still planning to be opened. With this trail open a person could still do a loop trip from Wawa by going down to Halfway haven and then take the wilderness trail over to F trail into Chapleau. Anybody know the status of the C101f

roger at aux trois moulin's is the one heading this. at first it was labeled a money thing, than money was offered, then it was a man power thing, and other districts and clubs stepped up to help. now it appears it is just cause that is what they want to do kind of thing.

there are no good reasons to close the trail, and many many reasons and ideas with backing to keep it open.

there is more here than meets the eye, and with everyone being quiet on it (districts, clubs, and the ofsc) it only leaves the end user to make their own guesses.

i think this is better to be talked about in the open, than behind closed doors. how else can the ofsc membership be part of what is going on. including but not limited to supporting or not supporting a closure, reroute, temp closure, or possible opening of another trail in the region.

WE SHOULD BE PART, AND PRIVY TO THIS INFORMATION AND DECISION.

ski

I dare say - I seen many posts on this subject for a yr now and I keep seeing the finger pionted at this feller in Chap and the mud slingers are always spouting "greed".

I never did understand how the greed fit in as I don't know the guy nor what he would gain (financially) from this. I was going to ask today as I started to read yet the same thing again at the top of the page, but then I came to this post. Only to find that even YammiBoy (That I know follows this subject a LOT more than I doo) says that he doesn't know either? :wtf:

How can so many folks site "greed" as the #1 reason and yet not disclose how they come to this conclussion?

------------------------

So - On a somewhat diff subject - YammiBoy - We headin' west tomorrow? My guy in Pitkin says 12-18 on the ground IN TOWN and another 12 expected.

instead of a huge thread jack, i sent you a pm ox....

as far as a solution with the ofsc and the district. if a club recieved funding for groomer on false pretenses, and now doesnt want to hold up that bargain, that groomer should be given back or taken back by the ofsc and given to the district for it's use, not the club.

this would allow a groomer to be placed at ernies in missanabi for grooming and maintainence for that trail. this has been needed for awhile, floating groomers in from dubreuilville is not a cost effective option, and having them cross a section of dog lake while frozen, is not safe. (they had to do it in the past). a groomer needs to be put at ernies, and i am sure ernie can find an operator (his son kenny) to maintain the trail for district 13-14 and both clubs, and all the communities that require it.

if chapleau doesnt want to maintain the amount of trails they have currently, let them give some miles up. but in doing so, they are telling everyone they wont be needing as many groomers as the club has at their disposal now. those groomers were bought with ofsc permit money, and grants from the ofsc. (unless someone can show us where someone or some entity paid for the groomers without the above). so basicly the club doesnt own the groomers or the drags, the membership of the ofsc does.

ski

Sounds like your a Cree Giver. :rotflmao:

instead of a huge thread jack, i sent you a pm ox....

as far as a solution with the ofsc and the district. if a club recieved funding for groomer on false pretenses, and now doesnt want to hold up that bargain, that groomer should be given back or taken back by the ofsc and given to the district for it's use, not the club.

this would allow a groomer to be placed at ernies in missanabi for grooming and maintainence for that trail. this has been needed for awhile, floating groomers in from dubreuilville is not a cost effective option, and having them cross a section of dog lake while frozen, is not safe. (they had to do it in the past). a groomer needs to be put at ernies, and i am sure ernie can find an operator (his son kenny) to maintain the trail for district 13-14 and both clubs, and all the communities that require it.

if chapleau doesnt want to maintain the amount of trails they have currently, let them give some miles up. but in doing so, they are telling everyone they wont be needing as many groomers as the club has at their disposal now. those groomers were bought with ofsc permit money, and grants from the ofsc. (unless someone can show us where someone or some entity paid for the groomers without the above). so basicly the club doesnt own the groomers or the drags, the membership of the ofsc does.

ski

You may well have read my earlier posts proposing that alternative. How can I disagree. Thumbs up to that approach :!:

• 4 weeks later...

I will speak for the club and district 14,the club CAW and Dist 14 have entered into an agreement with Dist 13 to open JEEP LAKE TRAIL for this year on trial bases and work on what can be done to reopen F-trail (reroute around MNR bridges and move trail boundary) there are many reasons the trail had to be closed. Many of you are very disrespecting of a club with a handful of volunteers trying to keep 450 km of trail and doing what they have to to keep going. It would be easier to throw in the towel and let the club fold witch would cause much more problems that just closing the F-Trail.The trail from Timmins to Chapleau will be open and work has bin done on that trail to improve conditions as has the trail from OberyFalls to Chapleau. If any of you need to more information e-mail me as it is available from TATA or OFSC (Governor/President of TATA Dist 14) as I will not debate on this forum.

As jb1000xgade says Chapleau has a lot of trial to deal with and as most clubs in the north it's a tough job with no money and burnt out volunteers.

Anyone who has ridden in chapleau knows the quality of their trails and I'm sure they could benefit from a reduction in kms.

I suggested at our district meeting that if chapleau was allowed to give up the F trial they should only be allowed to add in the kms of the jeep lake trail after proving a season of adequately maintaining their current system.

made sense to me?

didn't fly.

Archived