Muskoka Big 3 Lakes Tour. CANCELLED DUE TO CONDITIONS

Doonut

I had a blast last year, count me in. As of right now, only 1 sled, could be as much as 4.

Thanks

Doonut- give me a call this weekend. If there is lube on the lake I can show you the way I go.

Will do Todd. I have been a few ways and always like to know if there's a better one. Last year we had over 20 sleds in line so a fairly EASY route is best.

I'll be watching the weather (and this forum) closely, but chances are good I'll be there as well with at least one more rider.

Doonut- give me a call this weekend. If there is lube on the lake I can show you the way I go.

Will do Todd. I have been a few ways and always like to know if there's a better one. Last year we had over 20 sleds in line so a fairly EASY route is best.

It's much easier to skip the channel then to go up that steep hill at the bridge :poke:

It's much easier to skip the channel then to go up that steep hill at the bridge :poke:

Pussy! :poke: :poke: :poke: :rotflmao:

I'll be watching the weather (and this forum) closely, but chances are good I'll be there as well with at least one more rider.

Seems we go on alternating years. :wtf:

Can't make it on the 14th this year. It's always a good time :!:

Yeah, I know you're avoiding me :)

Last year, we were in Cochrane when the ride happened. I was there the year before though.

Yeah, I know you're avoiding me :)

Last year, we were in Cochrane when the ride happened. I was there the year before though.

and I the year before that. :lol:

Count me in.

Count me in.
plus one other. I will be doing my naked snow dance for the next 2 weeks.

Count me in.
plus one other. I will be doing my naked snow dance for the next 2 weeks.

Too much information...and no pics please... :poke: :P :P

If the weather holds I would like to go out.

Just 1 sled, 1 rider.

Izzy

Well, unfortunately it doesn't look like old mother nature is going to co operate this year folks. The forcast for this weekend will turn the lakes into skating rinks AGAIN and the trail and road sections of this ride will be a complete write off by the looks of things.

There is always hope but it sure isn't looking very good at the moment. I will know more Sunday as to whether there will be any snow left for the ride. I will make the call then as to go or no go.

I'm afraid there will be NO lakes tour this year folks.

This weekend, the lakes were wet, very wet. No snow on them at all, just anywhere from nada to 6 inches of water on the ice, several open water pressure cracks and thats about it. With the forcast for this week, it looks like the fat lady done sung her tune for this season in Muskoka :(

Today

A few flurries ending this morning then clearing. Amount 2 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light this morning. High plus 5. UV index 3 or moderate.

Tonight

Clear. Increasing cloudiness overnight. Low minus 12.

Tuesday

Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning in the evening. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h in the evening. High 7.

Wednesday

Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. Windy. Low plus 3. High plus 5.

Thursday

Sunny. Low minus 15. High minus 8.

Friday

Sunny. Low minus 14. High minus 2.

Saturday

A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 7. High zero.

Sunday

A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 8. High plus 1.

Maybe it will turn around but at this time, I think a cancellation of the Big 3 Lakes tour is inevitable.

Archived