Timmins To Kapuskasing! Trail Report!

Evil

Well we left Friday morning and trailered to Timmins. Unloaded the sleds and made our way up to Kap. Well, only after spending a few hours at Mikey's In Timmins. One sled in our group, broke the track adjuster off about 10 min into our ride, no parts in stock, so they modified a Polaris adjuster to fit the MachZ. THANK YOU MIKE!!! Great job getting us on our way! It was surely appreciated! :P

We finally made our way from Timmins at 2pm. We stopped in Cochrane for a bite to eat then hit the trail again! Trails were absolutely amazing!! :P We stopped in at the Moonbeam Snowmobile Club, what a great place to stop! We need more of these clubs on the trail, you can get beverages, hot food! A lot of the locals come out in their cars to support this place! We pulled into Kap, filled up with gas and got settled in our room at about 8:30pm! did I mention the trails were absolutely amazing??? :P

Saturday we woke up to a morning low of -34 C..............burrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We had plans of riding to Hearst that day and back! Went to go start my sled...................... :o , no luck, I have electric start and nothing happened when I pushed the button! Hmmmmmmmmmmm, we tried to boost it with one of the other sleds, still nothing! :cry:

Called Dan's Motorsports in Kap ( I used to race against Dan in Quebec when we used to grass drag!) Told him what was happening, he said to pull out the relays and warm them up! Pulled the relays out of my sled, put them under the hot air of the hair dryer for 2 minutes. Plugged them back in she started right away! Good to know if this ever happens to you!!!

We finally get on the trail.....................man it was cold! :o We stopped about 10 miles in to see where we were going to have breakfast! Once we decided to get going again, the Mach Z's recoil wouldn't grab the pull cord! Had to start the sled manually with the rope...............sigh! :roll: We decided we better head to Dan's in Kap and get that fixed since we'd never be able to start that sled in the morning at -34 C. Got to Dan's Motorsports and he changed the recoil, had to take one off another sled, since they didn't have that part in stock!! THANKS DAN!!! :P

We had friends riding up to Kap to meet us so we decided to head towards Smooth Rock to meet them! The next day we rode to Cochrane and around..............again, it was freezing, but the trails were awesome! We never hit any bad trail what so ever!!! By 11am on Sunday the kid at the gas station in Smooth Rock said there had been at least 200 sleds through already that morning! :shock: We hardly saw anybody on the trails, only a few groups! Lots of sleds at the gas staion though! Guess the cold didn't keep people away! :D

Made the trip back to Timmins today, again the trails were freshly groomed and amazing to say the least! :P

If you're looking for pics..............I never took any trail pics..................way too cold!!! :o

Great report Evil, Thanks! :D

Well we left Friday morning and trailered to Timmins. Unloaded the sleds and made our way up to Kap. Well, only after spending a few hours at Mikey's In Timmins. One sled in our group, broke the track adjuster off about 10 min into our ride, no parts in stock, so they modified a Polaris adjuster to fit the MachZ. THANK YOU MIKE!!! Great job getting us on our way! It was surely appreciated! :P

We finally made our way from Timmins at 2pm. We stopped in Cochrane for a bite to eat then hit the trail again! Trails were absolutely amazing!! :P We stopped in at the Moonbeam Snowmobile Club, what a great place to stop! We need more of these clubs on the trail, you can get beverages, hot food! A lot of the locals come out in their cars to support this place! We pulled into Kap, filled up with gas and got settled in our room at about 8:30pm! did I mention the trails were absolutely amazing??? :P

Saturday we woke up to a morning low of -34 C..............burrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We had plans of riding to Hearst that day and back! Went to go start my sled...................... :o , no luck, I have electric start and nothing happened when I pushed the button! Hmmmmmmmmmmm, we tried to boost it with one of the other sleds, still nothing! :cry:

Called Dan's Motorsports in Kap ( I used to race against Dan in Quebec when we used to grass drag!) Told him what was happening, he said to pull out the relays and warm them up! Pulled the relays out of my sled, put them under the hot air of the hair dryer for 2 minutes. Plugged them back in she started right away! Good to know if this ever happens to you!!!

We finally get on the trail.....................man it was cold! :o We stopped about 10 miles in to see where we were going to have breakfast! Once we decided to get going again, the Mach Z's recoil wouldn't grab the pull cord! Had to start the sled manually with the rope...............sigh! :roll: We decided we better head to Dan's in Kap and get that fixed since we'd never be able to start that sled in the morning at -34 C. Got to Dan's Motorsports and he changed the recoil, had to take one off another sled, since they didn't have that part in stock!! THANKS DAN!!! :P

We had friends riding up to Kap to meet us so we decided to head towards Smooth Rock to meet them! The next day we rode to Cochrane and around..............again, it was freezing, but the trails were awesome! We never hit any bad trail what so ever!!! By 11am on Sunday the kid at the gas station in Smooth Rock said there had been at least 200 sleds through already that morning! :shock: We hardly saw anybody on the trails, only a few groups! Lots of sleds at the gas staion though! Guess the cold didn't keep people away! :D

Made the trip back to Timmins today, again the trails were freshly groomed and amazing to say the least! :P

If you're looking for pics..............I never took any trail pics..................way too cold!!! :o

Sounds like a great ride, Evil!

Awesome report. Thanks.

The Kap ski-doo dealer is #1. Worked most of the night to repair a front end from friend's sled/tree collision a few years ago. (early morning ride on side trail.. pink ribbon on tree marking sharp right turn).

Great service.

Great report and both those dealers helped be before. Mikey's for a recoil on my 02 MXZ, (took it off a sled too and a similarly cold day) and Dan's 2yrs ago came to pick my sled an I up from the trail. (well at a road crossing). Both great dealers and really took care of the "touring" crowd.

By the way, where's the pics? Or was the camera too cold?

Awesome report. Thanks.

The Kap ski-doo dealer is #1. Worked most of the night to repair a front end from friend's sled/tree collision a few years ago. (early morning ride on side trail.. pink ribbon on tree marking sharp right turn).

Great service.

I agree Canuck!! Dan's a great guy, great service!

Sounds like a great ride, Evil!

Thanks Maple & Dom, wished it was warmer, we didn't end up doing as many mimles as we would have liked, but all in all it was a good ride! :P

Awesome report and great dealer up there that helped you guys :twisted:

Great report, can't wait to experience it myself. Sounds like the snow gods were looking after you with the trail side repairs. Its always good to hear the good stories about trail side repairs since we have all heard about the nightmares.

Maybe you should consider switching to the "Blue Side" so you won't have to worry about the trail side repairs ;)

Thanks for the report Evil,sounds as if everything is a go,our group will be in the area Feb5/11 if anyone spot's us say hello,there's about 6 of us couple of MachZ's,couple of cat's and a new xp.

Sammy

Glad to hear you had a great time!

Hope the trails are like that when our group gets up there :D

Thanks Evil.......great trip report ......too bad about the troubles on the trail. Our group is heading up that way last week of February for a week! Hopefully it might warm up to a balmy -25 or something by the time we get there! Good to know that you guys were able to have a great weekend of sledding. We have been busy "sno dancing" down this way...and it looks like it's paying off! Hopefully we should have a lot more "excellent adventures" and trail reports on this forum after next weekend! :D

Here's some pics of the Moonbeam area trails today put on about 85 km. I was testing out my new suspension. Saw two large groups today. Lady at the Moonbeam Clubhouse said one from Michigan and the other from Chapleau.

Enjoy

PS ignore the time and date stamp. Batteries fell out of digital and I didn't feel like resetting the time and date.

100_0522Medium.jpg

100_0523Medium.jpg

100_0524Medium.jpg

100_0526Medium.jpg

100_0527Medium.jpg

100_0528Medium.jpg

100_0529Medium.jpg

Great pictures, what did you think of the new skid?

Not a bump on those trails. How awful :lol:

Why do I sense that there will be 5,000 people sledding this weekend ?

Note to Mouse: Put Moonbeam on the list :idea:

Moonbeam? Great name.

Great report and both those dealers helped be before. Mikey's for a recoil on my 02 MXZ, (took it off a sled too and a similarly cold day) and Dan's 2yrs ago came to pick my sled an I up from the trail. (well at a road crossing). Both great dealers and really took care of the "touring" crowd.

By the way, where's the pics? Or was the camera too cold?

Hey 14snow, yes, too damn cold!!! :o:shock:

Maybe you should consider switching to the "Blue Side" so you won't have to worry about the trail side repairs ;)

UM.................................................................................NO!!! :P

Thanks for the report Evil,sounds as if everything is a go,our group will be in the area Feb5/11 if anyone spot's us say hello,there's about 6 of us couple of MachZ's,couple of cat's and a new xp.

Sammy

Don't you think you should have done the same when you saw us in Smooth Rock last year???? :roll:;)

Here's some pics of the Moonbeam area trails today put on about 85 km. I was testing out my new suspension. Saw two large groups today. Lady at the Moonbeam Clubhouse said one from Michigan and the other from Chapleau.

Enjoy

PS ignore the time and date stamp. Batteries fell out of digital and I didn't feel like resetting the time and date.

100_0522Medium.jpg

100_0523Medium.jpg

100_0524Medium.jpg

100_0526Medium.jpg

100_0527Medium.jpg

100_0528Medium.jpg

100_0529Medium.jpg

Awesome pics, wish I would have taken some but wayyyyyyyyyyyy to cold!!! :o

Sammy

Don't you think you should have done the same when you saw us in Smooth Rock last year???? :roll:;)

So tru Evil.... those trail side duties were taking a beating on us that day,I dont know what it is, -25/30 u only see YELLOW on the trail.Funny thing was our worse had yet to happen,we had a new one with us not even 100miles seizured it tight after leaving the Rock.

Archived