TekVest - What's your take?

schmied

Had a small crash on the weekend. Who knew hitting a rock the size of a basket ball at 80kph would send my sled into a barrel roll and throw me 50 feet in the other direction?

As I count my blessings & rub my bruised ribs I contemplate two things:

1) I'm an idiot

2) Since I broke my own rules once, I might do it again.

Given #2, a tekvest comes to mind. So does anyone have comments, good or bad?

(Comments about the fit, usability, etc, not the advertising ;) )

I love my Tekvest, fits great. Once you get used to wearing it you will forget you have it on.

Down side- very warm, you may want to rethink your outer wear on mild days.

Up side- very warm, great if it's stinking cold out. The removable fleece collar is handy.

Worth every penny.

Wouldn't ride without it. I'm thankful it hasn't been 'necessary', but you never know. Definitely worth the investment.

ditto for all the above replys. I do not leave home without it

I got tossed the first ride of last year (also first ride with the vest). I know I hit my chest on the bars but had no bruises or pain. Would not ride without it again.

Wear it all the time (now :oops: ).

Feels like a normal jacket. You forget you're wearing it.

Totally agree with everyone on this. Had a similar incident to Schmied a few years ago and after buying parts to repair my sled, a Tek Vest was my next purchase. Consider it a layer when choosing how much clothing to wear. They are quite comfortable and you will feel naked (and vulnerable) without it.....and that can't be good!

Had a small crash on the weekend. Who knew hitting a rock the size of a basket ball at 80kph would send my sled into a barrel roll and throw me 50 feet in the other direction?

As I count my blessings & rub my bruised ribs I contemplate two things:

1) I'm an idiot

2) Since I broke my own rules once, I might do it again.

Given #2, a tekvest comes to mind. So does anyone have comments, good or bad?

(Comments about the fit, usability, etc, not the advertising ;) )

I find mine actually makes me more comfortable when riding as well it is warm. Worth every penny .

Echo....

I tested mine and it worked well :oops:

I won't ride without mine, it's a purchase that hopefully you will never need but if you do you will be thankful you own one...

Just wondering...does the Tek Vest reduce the effectiveness of a floater jacket?

Just wondering...does the Tek Vest reduce the effectiveness of a floater jacket?

Actually, the Tekvest is bouant. It will help you float without a floater suit. They do not advertise it as such. It is constructed of foam, and foam floats.

Actually, the Tekvest is bouant. It will help you float without a floater suit. They do not advertise it as such. It is constructed of foam, and foam floats.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

Word of Advice, DO NOT substitute the Tek Vest for a Floater Suit if you ride the lakes! You should use the Tek Vest in conjunction with your floater suit for double protection!

And to answer the original question NO it will NOT effect your Floater Suit UNLESS you wear it outside of your jacket!

Thanks for the info.

Word of Advice, DO NOT substitute the Tek Vest for a Floater Suit if you ride the lakes! You should use the Tek Vest in conjunction with your floater suit for double protection!

And to answer the original question NO it will NOT effect your Floater Suit UNLESS you wear it outside of your jacket!

The monkey just invited me to Lake Simcoe this weekend!!!!!!! :shock:

Thanks for the info.

The monkey just invited me to Lake Simcoe this weekend!!!!!!! :shock:

He does not have sledding on his mind bunny so be afraid, be VERY AFRAID!!!!!

If he's on Simcoe this weekend he's in a BOAT~!!!!!!!!

I am afraid!...............The monkey sitting in the dark all day with nothing to do but surf the net.............. :shock:

Besides that he's gassy and not wearing pants either! :P

I am afraid!...............The monkey sitting in the dark all day with nothing to do but surf the net.............. :shock:

Besides that he's gassy and not wearing pants either! :P

Is he sending off Monkey Balloons again ??? :crazy::crazy:

Thanks for the info.

Hmmm very Tek..nical :wavey: I will have to in..vest..igate . Actually you are right .

Archived