Abitibi PQ - Amos - Conditions?

Sevey

Anyone ridden out of Amos or heard why the 83 is still red in that area? 

I have stayed there many times and cant see why that trail could be red, even if the river crossing in Amos is unstable.

Also - how are the 'yellow' trails around Rouyn?

Thanks

MS

I rode there last weekend. We did not get all the way to Amos but the 93 was ok. Trails around Lassare were good. All other trails from Ville marrie up were poor. I wouldn’t go back until they receive at least a foot of snow.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone leaving from Temiscaming heading north in the next couple days,I would appreciate a trail report,I see they groomed last night..cant imagine,but anything is possible..I see its snowing good in Vald'or next couple days..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackjack1 said:

Anyone leaving from Temiscaming heading north in the next couple days,I would appreciate a trail report,I see they groomed last night..cant imagine,but anything is possible..I see its snowing good in Vald'or next couple days..

I’m driving to the cottage tomorrow in Fugereville I will check things out and let you know . So far my plan is to trailer to Val-for on Monday and start riding from there but if it looks good enough I will ride right from the cottage 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1049 said:

I’m driving to the cottage tomorrow in Fugereville I will check things out and let you know . So far my plan is to trailer to Val-for on Monday and start riding from there but if it looks good enough I will ride right from the cottage 

Would be nice to see 309(rapid 7) get groomed with fresh snow. The rail line leaving temiscaming should be ok up to ville-marie. Debating leaving from there Saturday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blackjack1 said:

Saw groomer I’m timiscaming earlier today. 
roads were real slick heading north east from there, few vehicles in ditch or flipped. 
trails look decent from road and saw sleds out enjoying the trails too. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

Would be nice to see 309(rapid 7) get groomed with fresh snow. The rail line leaving temiscaming should be ok up to ville-marie. Debating leaving from there Saturday.

I believe that when they first opened this year the latest trails in that area to open were the Ville Marie and north trails where there is a lot of open fields etc.They may be more of an issue than  the railbed.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I believe that when they first opened this year the latest trails in that area to open were the Ville Marie and north trails where there is a lot of open fields etc.They may be more of an issue than  the railbed.

Yes thats true. Between Ville marie and la force is not good on a low snow year. 

• Like 1

Also Kirkland lake groomed the a110Q to Quebec yesterday if temis is no good. 

• Like 2

On 2/15/2024 at 4:54 PM, 1049 said:

Good afternoon 10-0  4--9🙂 have you reached the city lights of down town Fugereville yet😄or done any trail rider interviews😃...probably out wearing the carbides off your sons sled,😁good thinking...

53 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

Good afternoon 10-0  4--9🙂 have you reached the city lights of down town Fugereville yet😄or done any trail rider interviews😃...probably out wearing the carbides off your sons sled,😁good thinking...

Haha just got in the cottage had to get the neighbour to blow the lane way out . Looks like about 8 inches of new snow here from what I can see trails look pretty good . There was only 3 trucks and trailers at the gas station in Temiscaming and none at the Canadian motel I didn’t see any sleds on the trail but there were a few tracks . Hopefully I can get my work done in the morning and get out for a ride 

IMG_2831.jpeg

IMG_2833.jpeg

IMG_2834.jpeg

IMG_2832.jpeg

IMG_2835.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank-you for the reply, much appreciated..i think i going to give it a shot from temc, sunday morning..just seen  a couple of snow pictures 20 miles south of ValD'or.  on the 309 .looked da--n good suprisingly..if your up 6;00am and out the door 7;00 you can give us the real stats,😅🤣🤣...Thanks again..Mark

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

Thank-you for the reply, much appreciated..i think i going to give it a shot from temc, sunday morning..just seen  a couple of snow pictures 20 miles south of ValD'or.  on the 309 .looked da--n good suprisingly..if your up 6;00am and out the door 7;00 you can give us the real stats,😅🤣🤣...Thanks again..Mark

There’s a pretty good chance im not going to be on the trail at 7am 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More importantly, you kept your promise, which is more than i can say about the last 72 people i crossed path with in my life,enjoy your ride,i will be 1 of 6 using up some of the west 🤣👋👊

• Like 2

Perfect enjoy your ride!! Maybe see you on the trail somewhere two black 850 skidoos

• Like 2

Thanks 1049. We're leaving from temis in the morning as of now. We'll see what the groomers do tonight. Amos bound. Will update tomorrow in amos. 2 900t's and my Yellow 600r.:icon_steer:

• Like 4

Trails are pretty good for the most part ticking enough rocks not much base but feel fantastic to riding 

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2840.jpeg

• Like 13

Golden leaving Temis. Rapid 7 (309)was great the whole way up. Little short stretch of crap after ville marie but still ok. 413km's 

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8535.jpeg

IMG_8536.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Golden leaving Temis. Rapid 7 (309)was great the whole way up. Little short stretch of crap after ville marie but still ok. 413km's 

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8535.jpeg

IMG_8536.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

Perfect glad to hear you had a great ride !! 

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 7:02 PM, Steve F6 said:

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8535.jpeg

IMG_8536.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

Any update on the current conditions? Thanks 

7 hours ago, Oggy said:

Any update on the current conditions? Thanks 

We ran Amos to Matagami and back yesterday. I was about 10km out from gas when the sled started coughing. Dumped in some of the linqs gas. Took 35litrs to fill in matagami. Minty the whole way up! No restaurant open on sundays in matagami. Food stuff at gas station we heated up later at warm up shack. Came back down same way. Dumped all gas in at lower warm up shelter. Still took 35 litres in amos. Fast running and chewing fuel with 2 900T's. All trails in great shape. Dinner at st.huberts. The river crossing is fine in amos but still shows closed. Heading back to Temis today and will update tonight. One of the riders on the abitibi map cover sure looks very familiar lol!

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8562.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2