Heated Gloves Repair?

Pota

Looking for some help here. I bought FXR heated gloves approximately 3-4 yrs ago from Royal Dist. Just recently, they both stopped working. Can’t figure this out, I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. I called Royal and they passed me off to FXR. I tried calling them but they are in Quebec and no one could speak English. Luckily my daughter was home and can speak a little French . I requested someone call me from the company who could speak English. I never received that call . I then sent an email outlining the problem I’m having with my gloves and I never got a response. I really don’t want to fork over another $400 ! I really like the gloves. Am I unrealistic to think that these gloves should last longer than 4 yrs? Would anyone have any advice on how to possibly fix them or possibly know where I can take them to get fixed? 

I hate to say it but, 100.00cnd per year to keep warm hands was probably worth it. In reality, helmets are way more money, and should be replaced approximately every 5 years. Our racing org's wont let us use a helmet passed their 5 year build date (tag on inside of helmet), even if it was bought new on the 5th year.

My wife loves her heated fxr gloves, and I wouldnt hesitate to buy another pair, when they stop working. stop pulling your hair out,  I am doubting fxr will fix them after this long owning them. my advice,  buy another pair, and move on. but, I do wish you luck, Ski

• Like 1

Are you sure you have the right phone number for FXR?  I thought they were out of Winnipeg.  Not Quebec.  I had a rip in a suit and they were great to deal with.  Mailed me a patch kit free of charge.  I'd look up a number on their website and try again.  Funny that they both quit at the same time vs just one.  Did the batteries get baked in really hot conditions in the off season?  I'd normally say look for a wiring issue, but that doesn't add up when its both gloves.  Not to be smart, but are you sure you're connecting the batteries into them correctly?  I wouldn't be surprised that there's just something stupid causing the grief (have to hold the power button for a specified period of time to turn them on or something of that nature).  Hopefully you sort it out.

• Like 1

I agree with Signfan. FXR customer service was 3xcellent to deal with. Had a problem with a spare set of batteries for my Recon gloves and they sorted it out no problem.

here is a link for LiPo battery care from FXR.  Note the toll free number at the top and the location is Manitoba.

good luck.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0243/3479/4830/files/Lipo_Battery_Instruction_Manual.pdf

• Like 1

Thx for heads up. I will try calling Winnipeg , but as Ski said if no result will bite the bullet. As for troubleshooting, I have 4 batteries. All work fine . Light comes on and I can change the settings, just no heat. Also , one glove stopped working 2 mos ago and the other last week. 

Have u adjusted the temperature settings on your xcr smart warmers on 7s display? 

9 hours ago, Pota said:

Looking for some help here. I bought FXR heated gloves approximately 3-4 yrs ago from Royal Dist. Just recently, they both stopped working. Can’t figure this out, I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. I called Royal and they passed me off to FXR. I tried calling them but they are in Quebec and no one could speak English. Luckily my daughter was home and can speak a little French . I requested someone call me from the company who could speak English. I never received that call . I then sent an email outlining the problem I’m having with my gloves and I never got a response. I really don’t want to fork over another $400 ! I really like the gloves. Am I unrealistic to think that these gloves should last longer than 4 yrs? Would anyone have any advice on how to possibly fix them or possibly know where I can take them to get fixed? 

I could use a pair for working outside. How long do batteries usually last?

in your case most likely some corrosion some where from going into cold and coming back inside. Wierd both stopped at same time.  

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

in your case most likely some corrosion some where from going into cold and coming back inside. Wierd both stopped at same time.  

Son bought me these for Christmas, great for working outside. I use them when running around on utility sled as it's not usually going long enough for hand warmers to heat up. Batteries last 3 hours and quality seems to be decent.

Works Holmes Heated Goatskin Work Gloves with Lithium-Polymer Battery (XLarge), Black : Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

My FXR Recon gloves are good for about 3 hrs on high and 6-7 hrs on low.  On high no need for hand warmers on sled at any temp. On low I use the hand warmers on low too and have never hand cold hands. On really cold days I will carry a spare set of batteries just in case.