North Bay Club is Sandbagging

signfan

I was riding the North Bay and Port Loring area on the weekend and found majority of trails excellent and should be green. Day trips from the Restoule area. Even Lake Nippising was smooth and snow covered, very little slush. Only bad trail was from the Mr Gas to Trout Lake on the D trail. Tonight I see many trails are now showing green. 

Jerry

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Turbo Tim said:

We are staying at the BW in NBay and plan to come back every night, we are into 400km days, we are there Thurs to Sun

I hope you have some experience getting out of NB from the Lakeshore strip. As PLC said, it can be a chore getting from there to the A trail north, and your day to Liskeard is long to begin with. On your Stonecliff day, it is a must to ride the 197 and 195 trails of the Missing Link club. You can ride them on the way to the A trail at Stonecliffe, where there is fuel, and then ride the A trail back west. If you have time, I would suggest using A112A in one direction to Mattawa and the A trail in the opposite direction. Both Trails have some very nice sections. New Liskeard and Sudbury areas were good last week even where snow was limited. You will have more snow now. Enjoy the trip.

• Like 1

Should have mentioned that the past couple of weekends around Sudbury have seen major sled traffic. I would be inclined to do that ride on Thursday, as Friday is now just as busy as Saturday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tricky said:

Should have mentioned that the past couple of weekends around Sudbury have seen major sled traffic. I would be inclined to do that ride on Thursday, as Friday is now just as busy as Saturday.

Thanks for the updates....there is still part of me that says I should go up to Timmins, as I know what to expect up there and you just cant beat their trail system

3 minutes ago, Turbo Tim said:

Thanks for the updates....there is still part of me that says I should go up to Timmins, as I know what to expect up there and you just cant beat their trail system

Rode to Cartier today. We are running out of skead. Groomer was just out, trails were fantastic, as good as sledding gets anywhere in the world. There is a ton of snow in sudbury. I you are looking for a great place to stay PM me and I will give details on where we are, 2 minutes and you are on the big lake and bnb hosts are club volunteers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are headed to Sudbury tomorrow and staying at the Moonlight Inn. Headed to Cochrane on Wednesday 550kms, Cochrane to the Abitibi to Smooth Rock and down to Timmins 400kms then Timmins back to Sudbury for 350kms.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tricky said:

I hope you have some experience getting out of NB from the Lakeshore strip. As PLC said, it can be a chore getting from there to the A trail north, and your day to Liskeard is long to begin with. On your Stonecliff day, it is a must to ride the 197 and 195 trails of the Missing Link club. You can ride them on the way to the A trail at Stonecliffe, where there is fuel, and then ride the A trail back west. If you have time, I would suggest using A112A in one direction to Mattawa and the A trail in the opposite direction. Both Trails have some very nice sections. New Liskeard and Sudbury areas were good last week even where snow was limited. You will have more snow now. Enjoy the trip.

If they aren't carrying fuel, they may need to go through Mattawa for gas in both directions depending on what sled and how they ride or fuel at Big Moose Camp on the ride via the A trail. Its only about 4-5 minutes off the A trail on Lake Nosbonsing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turbo Tim said:

Not necessary. Good snow where you have planned.

• Like 1

If worried about traffic on your day heading to stonecliffe I agree run 197.  Then consider going to Rolphton and coming back up TQ43 to Temiscaming.  It's a nice trail.  Very remote, but a great ride.  Makes for a good loop.

• Like 1