Anyone interested in a trip north next week?

Puggz

I've unexpectedly got some time off and would like to spend it breaking in my new Indy.  Right now, Mont Laurier has the best conditions and Cochrane is catching up.  With the current weather forecast, they are sure to improve.

Mont Laurier does look decent right now. With this coming weekend being the free weekend and very limited options open to the south half the free world is going to be in Mont Laurier. Fresh snow on Friday, by Sunday night l bet the trails look like Muskoka on a weekend.

Next week looks mild, if going next week and have the flexibility l would wait until mid week until they have time to get everything groomed up again.

We are heading up north on the weekend of the 20th, Shoot me a message

• Like 2

I have the 21st - 28th off and want to go somewhere.    Really want to go to Quebec but will end up wherever there is snow.  

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

I have the 21st - 28th off and want to go somewhere.    Really want to go to Quebec but will end up wherever there is snow.  

Based on @Fuse6 above, later in the week sounds better.  Lets keep in touch and see what develops.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Mont Laurier does look decent right now. With this coming weekend being the free weekend and very limited options open to the south half the free world is going to be in Mont Laurier. Fresh snow on Friday, by Sunday night l bet the trails look like Muskoka on a weekend.

Next week looks mild, if going next week and have the flexibility l would wait until mid week until they have time to get everything groomed up again.

It was sounding like the free weekend was going to moved due to the poor overall conditions in QC - have not heard that being official though.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

It was sounding like the free weekend was going to moved due to the poor overall conditions in QC - have not heard that being official though.

I thought a week ago they maybe would have moved the date but they must be committed now. As a season pass holder would have been ticked if they changed it. Not fair to season pass holder to screw up a prime weekend in February. 

1 hour ago, Fuse6 said:

I thought a week ago they maybe would have moved the date but they must be committed now. As a season pass holder would have been ticked if they changed it. Not fair to season pass holder to screw up a prime weekend in February. 

Shows the 14th/15th on their website.  I bet there's going to be an epic number of "trespassing" events this season.

This is how it reads:

image.thumb.png.b27cd7e92d91c2cfe659d4c012e650a0.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuse6 said:

I agree, leave it as is and no changing date….it’s a “free” weekend, take it for what it is. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Puggz said:

I've unexpectedly got some time off and would like to spend it breaking in my new Indy.  Right now, Mont Laurier has the best conditions and Cochrane is catching up.  With the current weather forecast, they are sure to improve.

If you are free in March I love to go some where. Usually Cochrane, kap, Hearst is good then. I am free after March 12 until early April. I live in Kitchener area too.  Keep me in mind thanks. 

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

If you are free in March I love to go some where. Usually Cochrane, kap, Hearst is good then. I am free after March 12 until early April. I live in Kitchener area too.  Keep me in mind thanks. 

Will do!

I am free the week of the 23rd and 30th. When are you thinking?

UPDATE - The Mrs and I got a last minute deal on an Airbnb on Lac Taureau for Jan 16th to 20tfh.   With that being said, I'm still looking for a single/group for the week(s) following 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 3:33 AM, Strong Farmer said:

I'd be up for this. I would like to put together a group for a trip up that way.  I've been told that the local trails around Hearst are the best in the area and I've never been past Kap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Puggz said:

I'd be up for this. I would like to put together a group for a trip up that way.  I've been told that the local trails around Hearst are the best in the area and I've never been past Kap.

I use to go with my dad every March, when northern trails were open.  We have done big loop twice before around March break time. Usually it best trails of the season. 

• Like 1