Jump to content
1049

Timmins to Hearst

Recommended Posts

The C trail was pretty choppy to smooth rock and the A trail also till we got to moonbeam trails . Took the 123. It was excellent and the A trail was much better to the west . Did the 153 loop on the way it was fantastic also . I think we will survive the warm up no problem . Heading out for another ride now nice the days are longer 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 1049 said:

The C trail was pretty choppy to smooth rock and the A trail also till we got to moonbeam trails . Took the 123. It was excellent and the A trail was much better to the west . Did the 153 loop on the way it was fantastic also . I think we will survive the warm up no problem . Heading out for another ride now nice the days are longer 

“Like”  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are heading north on Thursday, I have rooms booked in Timmins and as well in Kap, so will decide where we stage out of but it sounds like Kap may be the answer....I don't want to trailer 7 hrs to ride marginal trails.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 1049 said:

The C trail was pretty choppy to smooth rock and the A trail also till we got to moonbeam trails . Took the 123. It was excellent and the A trail was much better to the west . Did the 153 loop on the way it was fantastic also . I think we will survive the warm up no problem . Heading out for another ride now nice the days are longer 

Excellent..:right_on:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Turbo Tim said:

We are heading north on Thursday, I have rooms booked in Timmins and as well in Kap, so will decide where we stage out of but it sounds like Kap may be the answer....I don't want to trailer 7 hrs to ride marginal trails.

Stay to the hwy 11 corridor Cochrane to Hearst....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did our annual father daughter scramble Kirkland to Timmins Friday afternoon . Sat. Hearst ,Sun Hearst to Iroquis Falls , Mon. morning back to Kirkland . Trails were all top shelf, had a few long runs of 1st on . Thanks to all clubs efforts . Not very busy sled wise  only exception Smoothey's  the Meca for Kap Timmins and Cochrane Sat . Go get it .

Edited by coldfinger
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

here are a couple snap shots from our weekend. pictures or it didn't happen...

158434877_1296322917415483_3884998377682357721_n.jpg

158585592_435492701015321_4463134648667880449_n.jpg

158579569_3756587191101915_1236995043862995299_n.jpg

158516443_186239999630075_7299828016942197634_n.jpg

158527478_361900825358786_3974773132941894171_n.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

Did our annual father daughter scramble Kirkland to Timmins Friday afternoon . Sat. Hearst ,Sun Hearst to Iroquis Falls , Mon. morning back to Kirkland . Trails were all top shelf, had a few long runs of 1st on . Thanks to all clubs efforts . Not very busy sled wise  only exception Smoothey's  the Meca for Kap Timmins and Cochrane Sat . Go get it .

Was Smoothy's closed for eats or not? We were under the impression it was closed. The garage pic looks similar to the Sat' night we were there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Was Smoothy's closed for eats or not? We were under the impression it was closed. The garage pic looks similar to the Sat' night we were there.

It was open yesterday 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Smoothy's Fbook page says they're now open Friday-Sunday's 11AM-7PM now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sinc71 said:

Smoothy's Fbook page says they're now open Friday-Sunday's 11AM-7PM now.

OK that explains it. It was thru the week when we were told.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They were open, then not open, then open all during the summer also. Nice to see them back open for business for food anyways..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20210309-204916_Samsung Internet.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Let us know how the fish and chips are!!! :drool-1:

I've had them before.  @Evil along with myself,  love the fries and poutine in there.  The Dutchman and I have also has one heck of a Sunday buffet in there also..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the A106C C trail from Cochrane and the C trail from the warm up shack into Timmins are red on the ITG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I see the A106C C trail from Cochrane and the C trail from the warm up shack into Timmins are red on the ITG.

PLC, this is why, and also the rain and warm temps they had..

Screenshot_20210311-182627_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

PLC, this is why, and also the rain and warm temps they had..

Screenshot_20210311-182627_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hadn't thought about the truck although the picture I saw didn't seem to show a lot of damage. Maybe some bad things happened getting it out. I had assumed the A106C portion closure was weather related.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...