Orillia to Gravenhurst today

TheNavigator

Ran the B / 204 / 4 / D / C101D.

OPP at D / C101D junction... giving out a handful of tickets!  Gassed up at Canadian Tire and  stopped at the Frosty Pint Pub for a hot beverage in Gravenhurst then made the return trip back to Orillia.

Started out a bit frosty this morning, but it was a great day! 

Few pics below.  

Crossing Cooch!

Orillia has a Volcano?  ;)

Swing Bridge near Sparrow Lake

Fence of shame!!!  LOL

Junction point

Frosty Pint Pub

20210130_160717.thumb.jpg.3a644cc2fa706dd09ce5d8f6b39e7679.jpg20210130_113019.thumb.jpg.6b5fcfdae523cbc340ce58512191182e.jpg20210130_114859.thumb.jpg.1bd399d493bca6ea7d5ef01fc2fa8599.jpg20210130_115719.thumb.jpg.5c5029ffecf4c9f8bc0057b460709d4d.jpg20210130_144845.thumb.jpg.b8d471982cff057a204e917a990342ad.jpg20210130_135616.thumb.jpg.6fdd0cb21af3ae889e61f861b63cb726.jpg

• Like 7

Went by twice they were handing out tickets both times and checking all documents. One person was getting ticket for modified exhaust when I was there. That B trail went through some major surgery with recent reroutes... 

10 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I am glad for no trail permit enforcement,  modified exhaust,  no val tag, no insurance.  Nail all them. PERIOD.  You have to pay to play, just like the rest of us do..

Right on Jeff-espec. trespassing & exhaust!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Right on Jeff-espec. trespassing & exhaust!

While I agree whole heartedly with your comment, The $ amounts assessed for these fines is from the last century. Trespassing is $85.00 That dollar amount for a fine is not going to make anyone think twice about riding where they want. Most fines are far from being high enough to be a deterrent in my opinion. The  Ontario government needs to review and increase these fines dramatically to do any good.

That being said, the Waterloo Regional police apparently laid at least one charge this weekend for no sled permit and it was a $240.00 fine apparently. I was told the police officer said zero tolerance for no permit and modified exhaust.  Good for the regional police!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

While I agree whole heartedly with your comment, The $ amounts assessed for these fines is from the last century. Trespassing is $85.00 That dollar amount for a fine is not going to make anyone think twice about riding where they want. Most fines are far from being high enough to be a deterrent in my opinion. The  Ontario government needs to review and increase these fines dramatically to do any good.

That being said, the Waterloo Regional police apparently laid at least one charge this weekend for no sled permit and it was a $240.00 fine apparently. I was told the police officer said zero tolerance for no permit and modified exhaust.  Good for the regional police!

I agree, the fines need to be increased.  But non the less, i am happy for the proper enforcement and nailing the free loaders. 

We did the same ride on Friday afternoon and met the OPP in the afternoon, had a nice chat with them, introduced myself and they mentioned they had given out a few tickets for various infractions. Nice to see them on the trails making a presence. 

• Like 2