Amos setting up

GrizzlyGriff

May have 35 cm in Amos Que by mid Dec if they get this storm.  it’s cold too. Fingers crossed 

• Like 3

All good-can't beat Temisk./Val d'Or/Amos/La Sarre/Rouyn loop!

Big fast loop. I enjoy Amos as a day ride location too. Lots of loops if all trails open. A bit more trailering tho

Big fast loop. I enjoy Amos as a day ride location too. Lots of loops if all trails open. A bit more trailering tho. Amosphere is one of my favourite lodges ever. Sitting on the sleds outside the room with cocktails

Nice to ride without the bags

Edited by GrizzlyGriff

6 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Big fast loop. I enjoy Amos as a day ride location too. Lots of loops if all trails open. A bit more trailering tho. Amosphere is one of my favourite lodges ever. Sitting on the sleds outside the room with cocktails

Nice to ride without the bags

We   usually do Temisk. to Forestel/   Amos to La Sarre down to Quality Inn in Rouyn/then Rouyn back to Temisk.!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

We   usually do Temisk. to Forestel/   Amos to La Sarre down to Quality Inn in Rouyn/then Rouyn back to Temisk.!

You guys are flying. Bed by 9 up at 6?

13 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

You guys are flying. Bed by 9 up at 6?

Over 3 days!

Great area to ride.    I will be up there with some buddies on the free weekend for sure.  

15 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Great area to ride.    I will be up there with some buddies on the free weekend for sure.  

I'd like to-not clear on Covid vs. accomodations/restaurants etc.

That area is in the lowest restriction region in Quebec right now so as long as things dont get worse, it should be ok.   I wouldnt be real keen to go the Mont Laurier right now though.  

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Muskoka1, what place did we eat at, that had the Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwiches??? When we rode with you guys?. 

Angliers  120 k. N. of Temisk. @ end of railbed-restaurant mysteriously burnt down last year after being 4 sale 4 yrs.!

2 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Angliers  120 k. N. of Temisk. @ end of railbed-restaurant mysteriously burnt down last year after being 4 sale 4 yrs.!

The restaurant to the right when the trail crossed the highway? I think the name was Rendez-vous ---- ------ something?? The waterway you cross leaving that town going north is the Ottawa River.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The restaurant to the right when the trail crossed the highway? I think the name was Rendez-vous ---- ------ something?? The waterway you cross leaving that town going north is the Ottawa River.

Yeah-the only resto in Town!

8 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Muskoka1, what place did we eat at, that had the Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwiches??? When we rode with you guys?. 

6 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

And here I was thinking of this place:

http://reubensdeli.com/

LOL

I leave from Ville Marie.   You can park at the Loblaws at the edge of town but I generally just book a room at the Motel Louise and leave my keys with them so they can move my truck to plow snow.  

Edited by scottyr

32 minutes ago, signfan said:

Where is everyone starting their Abitibi loops from?  Ville Marie?  Any advice on what staging areas are available to leave the truck and trailer at?

We have started from Temiscaming the last few Quebec tours. Stayed at the Tem Rose. Superb place. Pic from last January,  free weekend..

20200117_094950.jpg

Edited by Turbo Doo

Been a few years since we started at Temiscaming, but a couple of times we parked in the parking lot across from Auberge Canadienne that was full of trucks & trailers just on the other side of the border at the top of the hill and rode to Val d'Or for our first night stay......I have also been told that you can park at Esso at the bottom of the hill just as you cross the river/border.

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

Been a few years since we started at Temiscaming, but a couple of times we parked in the parking lot across from Auberge Canadienne that was full of trucks & trailers just on the other side of the border at the top of the hill and rode to Val d'Or for our first night stay......I have also been told that you can park at Esso at the bottom of the hill just as you cross the river/border.

You are correct about the Esso.