Nice to see the Enforcement..

Turbo Doo

Good to see... I like the ability to check the trail permit number matching the sled VIN. It will help with the guys who buy one pass and keep it in a pocket sharing it between friends. One of the benefits of the online permit system.

24 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Good to see... I like the ability to check the trail permit number matching the sled VIN. It will help with the guys who buy one pass and keep it in a pocket sharing it between friends. One of the benefits of the online permit system.

Aren't we also supposed to keep the paperwork that accompanies the trail pass with us at all times as well? That paperwork identifies the sled the pass is supposed to be attached to.  I'm surprised they decided to wait for an online system to start checking this.. could have been some easy tickets in the past..

31 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Agreed..

6 minutes ago, paulslund said:

Aren't we also supposed to keep the paperwork that accompanies the trail pass with us at all times as well? That paperwork identifies the sled the pass is supposed to be attached to.  I'm surprised they decided to wait for an online system to start checking this.. could have been some easy tickets in the past..

Not sure if that was an actual law or not, althought we keep it on us all the time.  Now there is definitely no questioning it..

12 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Not sure if that was an actual law or not, althought we keep it on us all the time.  Now there is definitely no questioning it..

Think it says on the permit paperwork, to carry that paper, because there is a small sticker with numbers on it, that matches up to the permit #.

I just fold mine up small and put it in the same folder as my insurance and ownership just in case.

• Like 2

I bought a trail permit for my DOO this year.  Ended up selling the sled before the permit showed up in the mail.  Now I have a Polaris.  I assume I can transfer it to the new sled?

9 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Think it says on the permit paperwork, to carry that paper, because there is a small sticker with numbers on it, that matches up to the permit #.

I just fold mine up small and put it in the same folder as my insurance and ownership just in case.

I just did the same. I had never been asked for it during paperwork checks & had kept it in a drawer so far this season.

11 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I bought a trail permit for my DOO this year.  Ended up selling the sled before the permit showed up in the mail.  Now I have a Polaris.  I assume I can transfer it to the new sled?

You can legally transfer it if you follow the procedure outlined by the OFSC.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

:cheers:

https://www.ofsc.on.ca/permits/#permit-faqs

Can also call or e mail for someone to walk you through it 

Read our FAQs or contact us by email at permits@ofsc.on.ca or by phone at 705-739-7669

To initiate the permit transfer process:

1. Log in to your permit account.
  2. Select the registered sled you wish to transfer.
  3. Click the green button ‘Transfer Vehicle”
  4. Complete the steps to transfer your sled.

Please note you will require the following information to complete the transfer:

• Full name, address and contact information to whom the original permit is registered
  • Snowmobile make, model, year, license # and vehicle identification number (VIN) to which the original permit is registered
  • Physical evidence of the return of the existing permit (if necessary) including at least the portion carrying the complete permit number
  • Payment of the current fee for the administration of the process (2018-19 Season fee $15.00)

For a transfer to a new owner, you will also require:

• Full name, address and contact information for the new owner
  • Please note the new owner will be required to complete the relevant application forms (available November 2nd, 2018) to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions in respect of the permit and use of the trails

For a transfer to a new snowmobile, you will also require:

• Make, model, year, license # and VIN for the new snowmobile

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

You can  transfer it to your new sled. Go to OFSC website. Go to permits and scroll down to permit transfers and elegibility and follow instructions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nutter said:

:cheers:

https://www.ofsc.on.ca/permits/#permit-faqs

Can also call or e mail for someone to walk you through it 

Read our FAQs or contact us by email at permits@ofsc.on.ca or by phone at 705-739-7669

To initiate the permit transfer process:

1. Log in to your permit account.
  2. Select the registered sled you wish to transfer.
  3. Click the green button ‘Transfer Vehicle”
  4. Complete the steps to transfer your sled.

Please note you will require the following information to complete the transfer:

• Full name, address and contact information to whom the original permit is registered
  • Snowmobile make, model, year, license # and vehicle identification number (VIN) to which the original permit is registered
  • Physical evidence of the return of the existing permit (if necessary) including at least the portion carrying the complete permit number
  • Payment of the current fee for the administration of the process (2018-19 Season fee $15.00)

For a transfer to a new owner, you will also require:

• Full name, address and contact information for the new owner
  • Please note the new owner will be required to complete the relevant application forms (available November 2nd, 2018) to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions in respect of the permit and use of the trails

For a transfer to a new snowmobile, you will also require:

• Make, model, year, license # and VIN for the new snowmobile

Just finished transferring it.  Easy Peasy.  Now fingers crossed mother nature doesn't drop this rain on us

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Just finished transferring it.  Easy Peasy.  Now fingers crossed mother nature doesn't drop this rain on us

Good stuff brother. Praying for the jet stream to dip a 100 - 200kms south,  a side from needing more cold things are starting to look decent in central Ontario 

16 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Good stuff brother. Praying for the jet stream to dip a 100 - 200kms south,  a side from needing more cold things are starting to look decent in central Ontario 

Fingers crossed.  This would be a good winter so far in these parts if we didn't get the 3-4 warm ups.  Would be sitting pretty right now

6 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Yep. I just did the same thing. Haven’t put it on the sled yet tho as the grandpa windshield hasn’t been removed. Hahahaha.