p*ss on the parry sound petrocan travel center

slomo

I thought I read on this forum, a couple of years back, that the Petrocan travel centre was built with the condition that parking would always be available for trail users.....

In any case, I wish the centre's owners would have decided to differentiate between users who park for the day, and those who park overnight and probably impeded snow removal.

1 hour ago, Running Wild said:

Re trail to CTC gas bar at the north end of Parry Sound . The Carling club used to groom past Bayview GMC but the town put in a sidewalk a few years back from Mall Dr. to Wolseley Electrical  and now it's usually bare pavement plowed by Parry Sound. I think the groomer may turn around at Wolsely.  At one time there was a trail behind the mall to Trappers restaurant and motel. There is a lot less pavement running at the Nobel Esso  and right on the trail. On another note I don't see any advertisement on the trail map from either CTC gas bars in town or the other two gas retailers, the Nobel Esso and Tim Horton's Service Center at the Seguin Trail and we all know our sleds and more so our  vehicles use a lot of fuel in pursuit of our winter pastime. The CTC store in Parry Sound does advertise on the map. I asked at the Nobel Esso last year about leaving my truck and trailer there for the day and they said no problem but I always buy gas when I do.

RW

That would be the cordial thing to do.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

I thought I read on this forum, a couple of years back, that the Petrocan travel centre was built with the condition that parking would always be available for trail users.....

In any case, I wish the centre's owners would have decided to differentiate between users who park for the day, and those who park overnight and probably impeded snow removal.

That is a condition on their site plan . They are prepared to spend legal money on lawyers as they have the opinion that that part of their site plan cannot be enforced in court 

....and what do the Township's lawyers think?

I would think the owners would rather avoid any public controversy that could result from publicizing this issue....

26 minutes ago, Blake G said:

....and what do the Township's lawyers think?

I would think the owners would rather avoid any public controversy that could result from publicizing this issue....

I cannot say 

Do they get any concessions from the township such as reduced property taxes which is sometimes done as an incentive. If there are perhaps the township could also those incentives / concessions.

I know I sure won't be spending any money there if parking is no longer available. When we would trailer up and set out from there we would typically fill up with fuel before loading up the sleds, possibly fill up the truck then get something to eat before heading back down the 400. Not that we needed to get gas or food. It just seemed right after using their parking for the day.

Now there won't be a reason to spend anything there. We can fill the sleds and truck when we get back to Port Severn at our local club supporter and get something to eat at a local club supporter.

Their tenant businesses may see a decline in business but probably not enough for the property owners to care.

This is very sad reading Parry Sound was known as the capital of snowmobiling.A lot of businesses thrived and did well with sledders.

35 minutes ago, cravesledding said:

This is very sad reading Parry Sound was known as the capital of snowmobiling.A lot of businesses thrived and did well with sledders.

We are still trying . We do miss Ingrid and Ernie very much 

1 hour ago, Wildbill said:

We are still trying . We do miss Ingrid and Ernie very much 

I bet the businesses that cravesledding mentioned did very little when the Meullers (correct?) were in business & less afterwards.

52 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I bet the businesses that cravesledding mentioned did very little when the Meullers (correct?) were in business & less afterwards.

Nobody will ever equal the Muellers 

22 hours ago, Running Wild said:

Re trail to CTC gas bar at the north end of Parry Sound . The Carling club used to groom past Bayview GMC but the town put in a sidewalk a few years back from Mall Dr. to Wolseley Electrical  and now it's usually bare pavement plowed by Parry Sound.

That's why a set of Rouskis (or similar) are coming in more and more handy these days.

4 hours ago, slomo said:

That's why a set of Rouskis (or similar) are coming in more and more handy these days.

Yup just got a set put on at wildbills. They are great. 

Archived