OC Ride for Kelly

maple

So happy the board is back up and running (even in a limited capacity) ... I was suffering serious withdrawal!

Everyone pray for snow - really looking forward to the OC Ride for Kelly on February 2nd. Still looking for a lead and sweep for both men's groups ... any volunteers? I've also included the link for the registration form. Please pass it on to anyone you think would like to join us. You can PM me for a copy of the pledge form ... I'll e-mail it out to you right away. Even if you can't ride, we hope you'll join us for the buffet dinner at The Quality Inn (aka Jolly Roger).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=0jJd_2fcfNMRbAALbmBRShNw_3d_3d

Don't forget about ontariof7's raffle for the golf day at The Briar's. Hopefully he'll be back on the board soon for those of you interested in purchasing squares.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey it's only 4 weeks away !!

How much has everyone got in pledges so far ??

Does anyone know how to get hold of Ontariof7 ?

Maple/Evil/GiddyUp - How about posting a list of those that have registered and asking that people get in touch with them to let them know that the board is back up and running?

Maple/Evil/GiddyUp - How about posting a list of those that have registered and asking that people get in touch with them to let them know that the board is back up and running?

So far we have the following people registered (with more to come ... hopefully):

ontariof7

Mossy

Trax

snowhoe

Evil

LMV

Easy Rider

sledjunk

maple

STG

Giddy Up

UTS

14 Snow

irREVerent

I know we had a lot more than that complete the poll and indicate they were coming. As mentioned before, even if you can't join us on the ride it would be great if you could join us for dinner ... the buffet is going to be great!

25 more sleeps!!!!!

So far we have the following people registered (with more to come ... hopefully):

ontariof7

Mossy

Trax

snowhoe

Evil

LMV

Easy Rider

sledjunk

maple

STG

Giddy Up

UTS

14 Snow

irREVerent

I know we had a lot more than that complete the poll and indicate they were coming. As mentioned before, even if you can't join us on the ride it would be great if you could join us for dinner ... the buffet is going to be great!

25 more sleeps!!!!!

Thanks Maple

HEY FOLKS !! If you know how to get hold of anyone on the list above and they haven't yet re-joined the forum, please get in touch with them and let them know we are back in business !!!

I have an email address for Sean. I will drop him a line to get him back on here.

I have an email address for Sean. I will drop him a line to get him back on here.

Thanks for the email Dave and good to see the forum back!!

Maple, thanks for the list of registrants. I had thought the list of those interested was up around 40, but your total number of confirmed registrants below appears to be quite a bit less than that.

Similar to STG, I'm curious about what pledge levels people are achieving so far. Mrs. IrREVerent and I have done our pledge requests separate from one another (to different groups of people), and have met with mixed success, ranging from "no thanks" to several substantial cheques. In total, we've each raised about $750 so far, with (hopefully) more potential donors still to be heard from.

The loss of all our snow here in S. Ontario isn't going to help the fund-raising cause (I can just hear the potential donor responses now: "Snowmobile ride??...what the hell are you going to ride on??") but all we can do hope this is temporary, both for the sake of desired pledge levels, and for the ride itself.

And speaking of riding...given the fabulous start we had to this season, the severity and rapidity of this thaw has been almost beyond belief...and discouraging :( beyond words, given all the weather experts' talk about the "cold and snowy" winter we could look forward to this winter, especially compared to last year. Hmmm..."weather experts" -- now there's an oxymoron. :evil:

Rant over...

The list only has the names of the OC members on it. I too saw more numbers that responded to the poll and based our numbers for the dinner on that. There are others (like myself) that have more than 1 coming with me that have not been included in Maples list. Because the site crashed before Christmas and all threads are now lost - I propose that anyone that is already "signed-up" make sure that Maple has your name, the number of people riding with you and their names, and number of people for the dinner- as well as a contact method (other than this website). I need to confirm the numbers for the dinner in the next couple of weeks.

Also - a reminder that the "group rate" for the hotel will expire on January 18th!!!! So anyone that has not booked their accomodation should do so on or before January 18th to get the special rate! Make sure that you tell them when you're booking that you are with the OC Ride for Kelly to get the rate.

The list only has the names of the OC members on it. I too saw more numbers that responded to the poll and based our numbers for the dinner on that. There are others (like myself) that have more than 1 coming with me that have not been included in Maples list. Because the site crashed before Christmas and all threads are now lost - I propose that anyone that is already "signed-up" make sure that Maple has your name, the number of people riding with you and their names, and number of people for the dinner- as well as a contact method (other than this website). I need to confirm the numbers for the dinner in the next couple of weeks.

Also - a reminder that the "group rate" for the hotel will expire on January 18th!!!! So anyone that has not booked their accomodation should do so on or before January 18th to get the special rate! Make sure that you tell them when you're booking that you are with the OC Ride for Kelly to get the rate.

Maple's full list does include the people who accompanying board members. I think it is around 36. But I, too, recalled more. I hope by 'talking it up' the next couple of weeks on the board here we can get some more participants and raise some more money.

Rick ?? Did the Lep and mxz800 say they are coming ? I thought so, but don't see their names on the list.

To Giddy Up's point, if you 'registered' using the link above, I have your numbers. However, I don't have your contact information (i.e., phone number, e-mail, etc. - just in case the forum goes down again ;) ) - feel free to PM me with it.

See everyone on February 2nd ... pray for snow!

How do we make this topic a sticky and keep it at the top? LMV - Help?

Maple's full list does include the people who accompanying board members. I think it is around 36. But I, too, recalled more. I hope by 'talking it up' the next couple of weeks on the board here we can get some more participants and raise some more money.

Rick ?? Did the Lep and mxz800 say they are coming ? I thought so, but don't see their names on the list.

We've actually only got 30 riders 'registered' at this point. When the poll was up on the previous forum, there were at least 40 interested. There's still time to let us know you'll be there!

We've actually only got 30 riders 'registered' at this point. When the poll was up on the previous forum, there were at least 40 interested. There's still time to let us know you'll be there!

I'm 2 in my group Maple. Not sure if you had that or not!

BTW-------somebody was asking about totals, I've collected $765 to date! :P

I'm 2 in my group Maple. Not sure if you had that or not!

BTW-------somebody was asking about totals, I've collected $765 to date! :P

Yup ... got you down for 2!

I'm here! Just a quick line to let you guys and gals know that I'm here!! And I will be going for sure!!!

As for pledges I have one for $10 so far!

I think I've done one better! You have a dedicted sub-forum for the OC.com ride for Kelly.

I think I've done one better! You have a dedicted sub-forum for the OC.com ride for Kelly.

Thanks, Domino! We'll use the sub-forum to posts other information about the ride (i.e., agendas, hotel information, etc.). More information will be posted early next week. Giddy Up and I will be getting together this weekend to iron out some details. I want to thank everyone again for their support and patience as we get this ride together.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

24 more sleeps!

Thanks Marty!!!

Thanks Marty for all your help!!!! You're the bestest!!

We will be joining you for dinner but unable to make the ride. Are the pledge sheets still available ?

Sent you a PM.

I'm here! Just a quick line to let you guys and gals know that I'm here!! And I will be going for sure!!!

$10..........doesn't matter if you don't collect a dime, the more people the merrier! :P

$10..........doesn't matter if you don't collect a dime, the more people the merrier! :P

Totally agree ... it's about getting together and having a good time!

Oh I fully intend on having a good time! This will be my first over night sled trip!

I've just started to get peldges!

Maple put us down as a maybe,we are leaving for a trip on the Mon after but have full intention's of showing up Sat for the ride/dinner and some entertainment with the Bunny.

Sammy

Archived