New Sunday Breakfast Buffet

02Sled

Yannis is on the west side of hwy 12 between Coldwater and Waubashene in beautiful downtown Fesserton. About 3 weeks ago they started a $9.95 breakfast buffet on Sundays. The sled trail runs right past the front door on the east side of hwy 12.

Good opportunity to make the sled suit shrink. Their eggs benedict are great and were part of the buffet a week ago.

Good work 02. Did you notice if the motel next door was still open?

It appeared to be open but I didn't really pay close attention to the motel. We go to Midland for a motel during the winter months for sledding. Hopefully this will be the last winter for that and next winter we will be in a new house in Port Severn if I can ever get my wife to quit changing her mind whether she is ready to move or not.

It appeared to be open but I didn't really pay close attention to the motel. We go to Midland for a motel during the winter months for sledding. Hopefully this will be the last winter for that and next winter we will be in a new house in Port Severn if I can ever get my wife to quit changing her mind whether she is ready to move or not.

You've been married to her how long ???

has she ever stopped yet ??

just make it happen 

You've been married to her how long ???

has she ever stopped yet ??

Long enough for it to be predictable that she will flip flop for a while. The phrase... it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind... seems to come into play from time to time

just make it happen 

Unfortunately I suspect if I want to stay married that won't quite work. The floor plan keeps getting modified and I did promise her the house would be what WE want with her having autonomy over the kitchen. We went from a bungalow to realizing we needed a second floor in order to accommodate the space we needed for storage etc. and leaving enough footprint on the lot for the garage I need. Her signature would be needed to sell in Toronto as well.

We will get there though.... just have to make sure that it is the house that will keep us happy for the rest of our days. One thing we both align on in particular is the need for a 3 season screen room.

Long enough for it to be predictable that she will flip flop for a while. The phrase... it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind... seems to come into play from time to time

Unfortunately I suspect if I want to stay married that won't quite work. The floor plan keeps getting modified and I did promise her the house would be what WE want with her having autonomy over the kitchen. We went from a bungalow to realizing we needed a second floor in order to accommodate the space we needed for storage etc. and leaving enough footprint on the lot for the garage I need. Her signature would be needed to sell in Toronto as well.

We will get there though.... just have to make sure that it is the house that will keep us happy for the rest of our days. One thing we both align on in particular is the need for a 3 season screen room.

Not that I am trying to derail your thought process but !!!

right now you and the wife are ablebodied, what about in 10 or 15 yrs, are you sure "upstairs" is a good idea ??

right now you and the wife are ablebodied, what about in 10 or 15 yrs, are you sure "upstairs" is a good idea ??

There's always the Acorn Stair Lift - as seen on late night TV - mother in law got one last spring - about $4,000.00 installed.(which sort of curtailed my sledding season - although did get to ride the stair lift this summer)

http://www.acornstairlifts.ca/

Screen room is a must IMO, we love ours and it doubles as the cigar room in the winter

We went from a bungalow to realizing we needed a second floor in order to accommodate the space we needed for storage etc. and leaving enough footprint on the lot for the garage I need.

Maybe you could consider something related to this idea:

post-19713-0-91841900-1471866534_thumb.j

Happy to help......

Your absolutely right. I will never be riding a chair up and down the stairs. The key rooms absolutely needed will be ground level.

We started with a bungalow concept but based on township lot coverage, set back bylaws etc. we can't get everything we want/need on one level. It will be slab on grade since the cost of blasting the massive rock is prohibitive so no basement. The main floor will have two bedrooms and all the primary living space. Two bedrooms 12' X 14' each with a 12' X 6' walk in closet and 12' X 8' en-suite in between the two bedrooms and shared with pocket door entry from both bedrooms. Right now one bedroom for both of us is fine but potentially based upon health problems or one of us becoming a major snorer we have the second bedroom. I have promised my wife the kitchen of her dreams which will be sizeable.

In order to accommodate the garage space I want / need and storage space for so many other things, an office and a third bedroom there will be an upper level that hopefully will be accessed less frequently as we continue to age.

If all the conditions are met soon,we have bought a new to us house in Carling.No basement,no stairs.Haven't quite got her convinced which house should be our retirement home.Meanwhile,still moving out of the garage.

If all the conditions are met soon,we have bought a new to us house in Carling.No basement,no stairs.Haven't quite got her convinced which house should be our retirement home.Meanwhile,still moving out of the garage.

Congrats.... if the lot was big enough I would be all on one floor but the garage eats up a chunk of the allowed lot coverage. I assume you will be in before sled season starts

We have about 3/4 acre with a two car detached garage to fit watercraft,runabout etc. in.If all conditions are met,we take possession Oct.6/2016.Don't know how close any trails are.Moving in will be necessities for her first and then what she wants up there from our existing house after.Just another project that I don't have the time or the energy for.

Congratulations. Are you planning to keep your current residence and have two?

For the time being,I have to because that is where the shop equipment is going.After I sell off the tools and equipment then clean up the house and property,we will decide if we sell either or what.She is back working in Parry Sound and would rather have a place of her own than rent.

Sounds like a ton of work, but won't it be nice when you get everything straightened away!

For the time being,I have to because that is where the shop equipment is going.After I sell off the tools and equipment then clean up the house and property,we will decide if we sell

either or what.She is back working in Parry

Sound and would rather have a place of her own

than rent.

What kinds of equipment do you have too sell?

Your absolutely right. I will never be riding a chair up and down the stairs. The key rooms absolutely needed will be ground level.

We started with a bungalow concept but based on township lot coverage, set back bylaws etc. we can't get everything we want/need on one level. It will be slab on grade since the cost of blasting the massive rock is prohibitive so no basement. The main floor will have two bedrooms and all the primary living space.

In order to accommodate the garage space I want / need and storage space for so many other things, an office and a third bedroom there will be an upper level that hopefully will be accessed less frequently as we continue to age.

I have often found while designing stuff, thinking outside the immediate problem sparks some benefits - in this case easy descent from your second floor storage area .....

post-19713-0-07643200-1472043644_thumb.j

Not to mention the health benefits of a good exercise regimen ....

post-19713-0-30276700-1472043654_thumb.j

Your wife could invite over several of the local ladies for an exercise support group or similar....

post-19713-0-97664900-1472043665_thumb.j

Once again....happy to help....

Slomo the Incorrigible.

I could always put in an elevator or perhaps an escalator instead of stairs

Could change my forum name to honour one of my earliest influences on this forum - STG. But then I would have to become S.T. I.

Could be worse. He could have called you Slomo The Demented...

Could be worse. He could have called you Slomo The Demented...

S.T.D. ....S.T.I.  .....

You say disease, I say infection....hmmmm could be a song here - stay low Canuck.....

Archived