Bracebridge Trails

Muskoka_Mike

the one guy where the fence is now has never been keen on the sledders going through his 500 acres from day one , sno-bombers have always 

had to talk him into it every year , this bill 100 could not be good for anyone 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good thing my permit went to the snow bombers this year ...geez

I know its not their fault.

hotels and restaurants in the area gotta be feeling it .

wife works at a hotel in BB that suppports the sno bombers and there is no sleds there , like Niagara said not sno bombers fault but some dont see it that way , glad i live just north of the troubled area now so i can get a little riding in this year 

A lot of these are same trails/same landowners that shut things down when a tree cutting by-laws was being contemplated. These owners have no interest in government at any level having a say on what the can and cannot do with the property they own.

A lot of these are same trails/same landowners that shut things down when a tree cutting by-laws was being contemplated. These owners have no interest in government at any level having a say on what the can and cannot do with the property they own.

Ding Ding Ding 

Honestly I donot either I own the land not the government 

It seems this is a much larger threat, largely due to the possible misinterpretation of the portion of that Act that deals with easements.  It doesn't specify that the landowner has to agree to the easement and therefore the OFA and the OLA are both advising their members to not allow trails on their land.

I do not know if they are correct or not, but I can understand a landowner taking the 'safe' route by closing trails rather than getting into a battle later. 

I know if I was faced with an potential threat to my land (wealth, family security) versus allowing a trail on my land that provides nothing to me, it would be a pretty simple decision.  There needs to be some firm, definite assurances provided to these landowners that the clubs and OFSC will not seek an easement and that the landowners rights are not threatened by us.

JMO

The OFSC letter to the district governors was posted on this site recently. I believe it suggested that the Ontario Trails Council was expected to lead the charge on behalf of all trail users. That doesn't seem to be working well for snowmobiling at this point.

I can't blame the landowners at all. It sucks as a sledder, but I would probably do the same thing. When was the last time any level of goverment did anything positive?

Carmen

I can't blame the landowners at all. It sucks as a sledder, but I would probably do the same thing. When was the last time any level of goverment did anything positive?

Carmen

Indeed. And I also agree with what SledJunk said.

Now, BlakeG also posted about the OFSC letter and the Ontario Trails Council. All we have heard from those entities recently is crickets.

It seems this is a much larger threat, largely due to the possible misinterpretation of the portion of that Act that deals with easements.  It doesn't specify that the landowner has to agree to the easement and therefore the OFA and the OLA are both advising their members to not allow trails on their land.

You know that, and I know that, but there are still a lot of people out there who continue to put dead animals in their septic tanks as they think this 'replenishes' the action. The minute I saw the first post on this bill, I knew that panic would ensue.

The sign is more prominent than it would appear in my photo, as it's on a 90 degree corner to the left. Not sure if sledders moved it or not. There is also a small Trail Closed sign on the left side, out of view of the photo. I pulled way off to the right and took the picture fairly closeup, to make the wording visible.

I was up to the closed trail again today and took another photo.

I'm pretty sure many of the people who ride past the closed trail signs are aware of the signs.

post-22473-0-87188900-1455746022_thumb.jpg

You know that, and I know that, but there are still a lot of people out there who continue to put dead animals in their septic tanks as they think this 'replenishes' the action. The minute I saw the first post on this bill, I knew that panic would ensue.

I better stop telling people that....

I was up to the closed trail again today and took another photo.

I'm pretty sure many of the people who ride past the closed trail signs are aware of the signs.

attachicon.gif2016-02-17 16.50.36.jpg

I might blow right passed it...should be taped off...with sticky side out

From the Sno-Bombers Facebook page this evening:

post-22473-0-02333900-1455938020_thumb.jpg

.....ask nothing but our respect in return....... Good message!

Agreed. I wish they hadn't used the word "donate" though.....it kind of suggests the landowners are "permanently giving away" their land.....which is an objectionable concept to most landowners....and the precise fear raised by misinterpretation of Bill 100.

You see a trail closed sign please find another route.

You see a trail closed sign please find another route.

Agreed. It is currently impossible to sled north beyond Bracebridge. Dead end.

Agreed. I wish they hadn't used the word "donate" though.....it kind of suggests the landowners are "permanently giving away" their land.....which is an objectionable concept to most landowners....and the precise fear raised by misinterpretation of Bill 100.

Agreed. Perhaps they would consider using "lend" (?)

Agreed. Perhaps they would consider using "lend" (?)

I'm trying to figure out how to contact them directly via facebook messenger.

I'm trying to figure out how to contact them directly via facebook messenger.

I'm not a participant in faceplant. If you can't get them through fp, I think I have Norm Woods email address. And Kevin Alexander.

I ended up posting a wording suggestion right below their FB message.

I ended up posting a wording suggestion right below their FB message.

I'd say "well done" but I'm not given to dispensing compliments for things I can't see. Nonetheless, you being you, "glad you found a way to offer your suggestion(s)".

Archived