OFSC Map Suggestion

GeorgianBayGuy

Like many of us I often check the OFSC map to see riding options.  If anyone who works with the team in charge of updating the map wants a suggestion, here's mine.  Date stamp changes either on the map itself or in the title.  It would be great if it was done by region or club, but honestly just knowing that changes have been made since the last look would be fantastic.  Can't image this would be hard to add automatically. 

a better feature that I would appreciate is showing road trails clearly and also showing where logging is occuring on the trails. I think it will happen eventually since the map has come a long way already....

Wow that's terrific. All these years. Much obliged.

GBG

a better feature that I would appreciate is showing road trails clearly and also showing where logging is occuring on the trails. I think it will happen eventually since the map has come a long way already....

With all the twisted things behind this map, I'm sure they can't show that information. Because if they forget to mark a logging area and some one ends up hurt well here comes the lawsuit.

With all the twisted things behind this map, I'm sure they can't show that information. Because if they forget to mark a logging area and some one ends up hurt well here comes the lawsuit.

I don't think it matters whether it is marked or not, if someone gets hurt, there will be lawsuits

I just wish the points of interest were accurate. Many aren't positioned correctly, if at all. There are a lot of fuel stations not even mentioned on the map... maybe it has to do with sponsorship/advertising?

I just wish the points of interest were accurate. Many aren't positioned correctly, if at all. There are a lot of fuel stations not even mentioned on the map... maybe it has to do with sponsorship/advertising

Thank goodness for  Sledgas.com  !

think if it was updated say twice weekly at the same time ( maybe it is) guys would feel more informed and get a better idea that things are happening and its a legitimate update....I know in our area I have seen trails open 3 days before the map is changed..I think thats why many guys jump the gun and say , trails are open but they are just slow in updating the map.....I have left my area Sat morning after checking the map and it says closed although I have seen tons of traffic on the trails for a couple days...I trailer to ride and then when I get back it was opened around noon on the map....Diceman

Twice weekly may not be often enough, as conditions can change in a day or less.

It might be my imagination, but it seems to me that last year the ITG was being updated twice weekly, but this year the updates seem more frequent.

Twice weekly may not be often enough, as conditions can change in a day or less.

It might be my imagination, but it seems to me that last year the ITG was being updated twice weekly, but this year the updates seem more frequent.

My understanding was that they wanted updates "minimally" on Tuesday and Thursday but there never was a problem doing it more frequently.

My understanding was that they wanted updates "minimally" on Tuesday and Thursday but there never was a problem doing it more frequently.

That is my understanding also, but this year the updates seem to be more frequent - - has something changed to make the update process easier?

That is my understanding also, but this year the updates seem to be more frequent - - has something changed to make the update process easier?

Something has changed. We are in February and still trying to get more of the system open. As I understand, generally when start up begins and trails start going available or Ltd availability, the ITG is updated frequently. Once trails are available, things settle down, and the ITG is updated for the most part twice per week when things are running normal - - - - as hoped. OF course, if trail conditions / weather go for a slide, you may see frequent updates that show trail status changing. Remember - - - - it is just a guide.   

Something has changed. We are in February and still trying to get more of the system open. As I understand, generally when start up begins and trails start going available or Ltd availability, the ITG is updated frequently. Once trails are available, things settle down, and the ITG is updated for the most part twice per week when things are running normal - - - - as hoped. OF course, if trail conditions / weather go for a slide, you may see frequent updates that show trail status changing. Remember - - - - it is just a guide.

That is what I thought. I was hoping that the process had improved to make it easier for clubs to do quick and easy updates to the ITG. I guess not.

That is what I thought. I was hoping that the process had improved to make it easier for clubs to do quick and easy updates to the ITG. I guess not.

To the best of my knowledge for our district it is a phone call to the district office who then simply logs in with id and password then make the update.

With 11 clubs it is uderstandable that the district would want to do the updates in twice weekly batches rather than every time a trail condition changes.

It does show last updated...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-02-11-14-52-45.png

Is there an app?  Or is that just the mobile version?

Pretty sure it was always Monday and Thursday that were the "normal" update days.

Is there an app? Or is that just the mobile version?

Its the isnowmobile App that I used there. But you can also see last updated on the ITG on your P.C, just click on the trail...

It shows last updated even when its Red.... If they dont update the trails they will show grey for not reported.

Our district office updates several times per week as needed

Yes, from the way I understand it, from passed discussions. The district office amd make updates as often as they want. It just comes down to how often the clubs supply the infomation. So it's not a 2 twice a week deal like the old text updates. It's done as the infomation comes in.

Being able to mark  logging areas and plowed roads would be great.... but god dam liability again..... what if they start logging and you did not know or  just plowed the road with out telling you....

The online trail guide is stated as that, just a guide. If you click on a trail it tells you when it was last updated. If the update was Thursday and something changed Friday then that is just the way it is. Not really all that different I don't think than having a trail green today then a storm with lots of heavy wet snow brings down some trees overnight

Archived