Wawa Trip

jcerget1

Who's heading north with this winter storm warning in effect for the Wawa/Duberville area, it looks to be 20-30 cm of snow. Could be another April snow storm for the record books. The only difference is this time there is already 4 feet of snow on the ground.

i am heading back up this weekend. just got home late last night. the trails are still in top shape! i know they are calling for some warm later this week but it will be too late to ruin this weekends riding i think. this past weekend was one of the best i have ever had. trails were excellent, weather was very nice, and no one was on the trails.

It's snowing and blowing like crazy right now. The trails will be great if you can find them. :lol:

The drifts in town this morning are 3-4 feet in places. I found a car stuck in the middle of the road. :lol: Ya gotta luv it eh!! The long range forecast is below normal temps so who knows. I was riding on May 6. I believe it was 1995 but I could be wrong. I was wrong one time before. I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Sas :crazy:

Here's an email I got from Gail at Halfway this morning.

Hi Everyone!!

We are MAJOR snowed in this am! Walking over to the lodge we have 2 & 3 ft. drifts of snow, and its still snowing. I'm sure the trail must be totally blown over, and unrecognizable! And the wind is incredible today also!!

I'm sure it's safe for me to stay in my jammies ALL day, because I don't think anyone is going to get tru this mess!! April 1st indeed!!

That's the news from my doorstep!!! Off to shovel!!

Bye

Gail

Even da U.P. of Michigan got hit with a blizzard warning last night. Our trails officially close April 1st, but the MDNR extended the season for at least another week.

Yeah Was snowing here too, but Now it's Stoped and the Sun is Coming out, Hwy 17 from Wawa was closed this morning and just reopend an Hour ago. I had some Big Drifting in my Driveway today, My stupid truck did not want to start, had to Walk to my Store in the Storm, lucky I just live 4 House up from the Store lol. I think I forgot a Light on in my truck......I hope it's Just that.

It's -3 right now here at 6;00 pm

Why are you teasing us.

:confused:

:lol:

man i wished i wasnt all tore up. I WANNA RIDE! ski

Gee, I think I'd like to move up there. Sounds like a nice spot. Never been up that far before. Any good paying jobs in the area or close by?????

Gee, I think I'd like to move up there. Sounds like a nice spot. Never been up that far before. Any good paying jobs in the area or close by?????

don't do that then you'd have to stop snowmobiling, haven't seen a sled in 2 weeks here.

I bet theres still between 4 and 5 feet of snow in my yard. Still haven't even seen the bricks in my driveway

It's been warming up ever since the "Little Ice Age" that drove the Vikings outta Greenland - that ended within the last few hundred yrs. So Al is somewhat correct. If Al was really concerned aboot anything but the Hoopla, he might live the way he is telling everyone else to.

largest hole in al's "theory" is....

why did the ice age "warm up" in the years prior to us having the internal combustion motor and expelling noxious gasses into the atmosphere?

the internal combustion motor has only been around a few hundred years. where do you place the prior warm up blame at?

EXACTLY!!!! for those with common sense. it is call cyclitic weather patterns.

it gets warm, it gets cold, deal with it. ski

it is call cyclitic weather patterns.

If you look at the cycles of the past, the temperature peaks and then quickly drops off. We've already peaked to the same levels of prior peaks and are remaining constant. Mr. Manbearpig's theory may be completely wrong, but there is seemingly something different this cycle.

Al Gore seems to have made quite an industry out of global warming. On the old forum there was a comparison of Al Gores house and George Bush's . Could the person responsable for this post please repost it ?

Al Gore seems to have made quite an industry out of global warming. On the old forum there was a comparison of Al Gores house and George Bush's . Could the person responsable for this post please repost it ?

I'll see if I can find it again.

i don't know about global warming or cooling, but i do know that the weather is very inconsistent compared to what it used to be, we used to have winter and summer, now its seems we get days of summer here and there when it's winter. the only temperature i can be sure of these days is the beer comes out of my fridge at 4 celcius :D

rode 50 miles yesterday trails were awesome, then i took out the xr650 and put 50 miles on it, great time of year +13c yesterday.

why did the ice age "warm up" in the years prior to us having the internal combustion motor and expelling noxious gasses into the atmosphere?

Shifts in rotational patterns of earth around the sun which moves it further away or closer.

Shifts in rotational patterns of earth around the sun which moves it further away or closer.

thats not thier "spin"

Posted:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1725

Archived