Vintage 'doo Question

revrnd

A young lad in the village showed me this pic from the house he owns. I knew the previous owners (both passed on) from when the pic was taken. It's dated 1970, the 1st winter we had our 335 Oly. Any idea if the white Oly is a special model?

post-19781-0-36218600-1453162690_thumb.jpg

A young lad in the village showed me this pic from the house he owns. I knew the previous owners (both passed on) from when the pic was taken. It's dated 1970, the 1st winter we had our 335 Oly. Any idea if the white Oly is a special model?

attachicon.gifSleds at Ray Wilsons.jpg

I have never seen a white one 

The one in the front is a 12/3 because the headlight was stationary.

After a 2nd look @ the blown up pic, I'm thinking someone painted it. There is no "ski-doo" graphic on the black hood stripe.

I believe it was the orginal white dragon

• Like 8

Armed forces???

Or someone had paint laying around?

Almost looks like a 66 but the spring loaded headlight looks covered.  I wonder if the cowl was repaired and repainted?

I seem to remember that our '66 had a pop up light and the '67 was lever controlled.  I remember Dad had a cord that he would tie around the lever because it would bounce out of the stop and the light would close over the bumps.  I put quite a few hours on that '67.

With the taller cab & windshield I'd go with a GT-SE ....  :P

Notice that it also has no bumper, and the windshield trim appears chrome, perhaps white, and white skis ?  Definitely a custom job.  Doo made lots of variations on Olympiques, the Black Stripe, White Dot, Black Dot, Silver bullet .... never a white one that I ever saw ... 

attachicon.gifSleds at Ray Wilsons.jpg

nice 1970 Nordik bottom right corner

Wasn't the white one given to the mayor to ride to and from office in.

• Like 1

nice 1970 Nordik bottom right corner

Good eye Jay  :right_on:

We'll have to get a PRS chassis discussion going. LOL

I could be wrong but I remember,   69 pop up light, 70 fixed light, 71 was change in hood as well as back to pop up light?

The '69 Olys had a more rounded hood. The 320 had a movable headlight whereas the 12/3's headlight was fixed.

The '70 model year had a 335 (like my Dad's) & the unchanged 12/3. Yes the '71s got a new hood (mother had a 300 which we called The Piglet).

With the taller cab & windshield I'd go with a GT-SE ....  :P

Notice that it also has no bumper, and the windshield trim appears chrome, perhaps white, and white skis ?  Definitely a custom job.  Doo made lots of variations on Olympiques, the Black Stripe, White Dot, Black Dot, Silver bullet .... never a white one that I ever saw ... 

I see some of them had the aftermarket/accessory which was quite common.

I always thought you could order a Ski Doo in any color! As long as it was Yellow. The first one to break the tradition was and early 70's Nordic that was brown. Going to say 74 without looking but have been wrong many many times and will continue the tradition.

I always thought you could order a Ski Doo in any color! As long as it was Yellow. The first one to break the tradition was and early 70's Nordic that was brown. Going to say 74 without looking but have been wrong many many times and will continue the tradition.

1973 silver bullet I doo remember that brown cow though 

Edited by Wildbill

I believe it was the orginal white dragon

Too funny. Are you old enough to participate in this discussion? Hurry up, or you'll miss the school bus.

:-P

• Like 3

Forgot all about the " Silver Bullet. It looked good but that's where the fun stopped.

I think that thought was universal. LOL

We always referred to the brown Nordic as a "Bronze Nordic".