Staying in Deep River

mgooding

Hi,

I am planning on riding from either Whitney or Combermere or Bancroft to Deep River on Thursday.

I am looking for advice on where to stay in Deep River?  Ideally somewhere that is not crazy expensive, but has a nice pub or restaurant near by.

Also, if anyone knows how the trails are from Bancroft to Whitney to Barry's Bay are that would be great. I am nervous launching in Bancroft as the limited trails may be rough.  So basically if anyone could tell me which one of Bancroft, Whitney or Combermere are the best to start from.

Thanks

Bear's Den. Deep River.

Motel and Lounge.

Good food onsite. Gas station next door. I walk to Tim Horton's in a.m.to shake out the cobwebs (although Timmy's coffee seems bitter lately).

New trail improvements on the NRSA 135, going into Deep River, now has a trail over to the Bear's Den,  once you come to where there are 2 trails take the one to the right as it goes into the back of the Bear's Den. The trails to the left goes into the staging area.  Enjoy the trails!

Bear's Den. Deep River.

Motel and Lounge.

Good food onsite. Gas station next door. I walk to Tim Horton's in a.m.to shake out the cobwebs (although Timmy's coffee seems bitter lately).

Totally agree on the Timmie's coffee. Even the dark roast! Mcdonalds is so much better every cup is the same no matter where you go.

Bear's Den. Deep River.

Motel and Lounge.

Ok cool, thank you.

There are other lodgings in Deep River (check the database) but I've only stayed @ the Bear's Den albeit back in '97.

Are the trails open up there

http://ofsc.mapbase.ca/viewer/

NRSA trails in this area are open limited! Missing Link are packing but as of today OFSC interactive has them closed.

Mmmm...

Breakfast @ The Bear's Den...

Don't be shy, order the big breakfast.

Nobody ever slayed a dragon, or won the heart of a waitress fair by ordering a feeble "healthy" breakfast.

Headed back that way this weekend. Hoping the Link's trails are open.

Archived