New Year's Day: Whitney vs Baysville?

Blake G

Any OC'ers planning to ride either area tomorrow morning?

Does anyone know if there would be any gas available between Whitney and Barry's Bay on New Year's Day?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmmmm no takers??  Wish I was able to go.  A few more weeks and we are ready to rock and ride!!!  Happy New Year Blake

Same to you and Terry, Dee. See you guys real soon.

Just called Barry's Bay Shell. They are open today.

EDIT: So was the Esso station downtown.

Headed to Barry's Bay today with an overnighter there, and more riding tomorrow.  Dinner at The Mad Musher!!

I'm going to unload in Whitney around 930 then ride to Barry's Bay and back.

I'm going to unload in Whitney around 930 then ride to BB and back.

Wish I could go. Have a great trip! Rail beds are awesome out to lake st peter. Would make a great circle ride for you!

Wish I could go. Have a great trip! Rail beds are awesome out to lake st peter. Would make a great circle ride for you!

It would make a great loop too bad its still red!!!  The lake is probably still open!!

Where can we unload and leave the truck and trailer for the day in Whitney?

i always unloaded across from the Mad Musher ,or behind the train station ,and went north up the railbed

i always unloaded across from the Mad Musher ,or behind the train station ,and went north up the railbed

Thanks

It would make a great loop too bad its still red!!! The lake is probably still open!!

The main rail bed is open, can still do a loop up to barry's bay without taking the lake, I believe.

That is a nice run down along the river from Mad Musher....wish I could go!   Wont be up til tuesday, stuck in Niagara still!

Dying to break in the new sled!

Have a nice ride Blake!

Dan

Tess and I are at the Madawaska Valley Inn BB and road this morning from Barrys Bay to just west of Madawaska. There was a stretch of open water across the trail and with a brand new sled was not interested in finding out if it floats. Trails are in great shape. Just got back after our first 100km's on the new sled. Quite a lot of difference between a 2016 Grand Touring and a 2011 Venture. What a ride. Barrys Bay Esso open. I know if you call ahead the Madawaska Inn may be able to help you out with dinner. Nothing open in Barrys Bay that we saw accept the Esso.

Tess and I are at the Madawaska Valley Inn BB and road this morning from Barrys Bay to just west of Madawaska. There was a stretch of open water across the trail and with a brand new

sled was not interested in finding out if it floats.

Trails are in great shape. Just got back after our

first 100km's on the new sled. Quite a lot of

difference between a 2016 Grand Touring and a

2011 Venture. What a ride. Barrys Bay Esso

open. I know if you call ahead the Madawaska

Inn may be able to help you out with dinner.

Nothing open in Barrys Bay that we saw accept

the Esso.

You will never go back to yamaha again! Been there done that, love my grand touring skidoo too. Only thing I miss is the high quality fit and finish and cheaper shocks skidoo uses. Trade every 4 years and no worries, since these sleds have amazing resale value.

Tess and I are at the Madawaska Valley Inn BB and road this morning from Barrys Bay to just west of Madawaska. There was a stretch of open water across the trail and with a brand new sled was not interested in finding out if it floats. Trails are in great shape. Just got back after our first 100km's on the new sled. Quite a lot of difference between a 2016 Grand Touring and a 2011 Venture. What a ride. Barrys Bay Esso open. I know if you call ahead the Madawaska Inn may be able to help you out with dinner. Nothing open in Barrys Bay that we saw accept the Esso.

We passed each other around 10 ish east of Madawaska. Can't miss your Cadillac!

You will never go back to yamaha again! Been there done that, love my grand touring skidoo too. Only thing I miss is the high quality fit and finish and cheaper shocks skidoo uses. Trade every 4 years and no worries, since these sleds have amazing resale value.

You likely said the same about Skidoo when you went from the Formula Z to the Viper cause I remember you bragging up the Viper a lot.

X2

I parked in the lot across from the mad musher today and had no problems.

Sitting at Spectacle Lake Lodge now.

Trails are in great shape for not having any snow 3 days ago.

I was there around noon.

Seems I just missed out on meeting some OC'ers today.

I was surprised to see so few sleds in the area, particularly in the morning.

post-22473-0-27443500-1451679906_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-08740900-1451680597_thumb.jpg

Where can we unload and leave the truck and trailer for the day in Whitney?

Right across the road from the Mad Musher.

post-22473-0-29165500-1451681875_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-24075400-1451681897_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. Next question. Would we be better off starting in Barrys Bay or Whitney. Sleds are new so don't want to run the open water in the pic. I'm assuming parking in Barrys Bay is not as issue. Only about a 20 minute drive difference between the 2 locations so driving time is not a factor.

Start in Madawaska and go east.

Water puddle is about 1 km west of Madawaska. See red circle.

There is a handy public parking space at the Library. I don't know the parking policy while the library is open. Today it was closed and nobody was parked there except a couple of snowmobilers.

See blue circle. Go to interactive trail guide and zoom in on the area with the blue circle and you will see the library with good sized parking area.

post-22473-0-64393000-1451686971_thumb.jpg

The water won't be an issue tomorrow. They busted up the beaver dam today, and it was draining when we were there. Not even a foot deep. I believe they evicted the beaver as well.

Archived