Toronto Snowmobile Show

Turbo Doo

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the show, seemed to be pretty decent..Parking was crazy on Saturday around noon. Does anyone else notice there seems to be more than ever a lot that has nothing to do with sledding?

It's like that at any show... there's always the shoe shine guys and the belt and wallet guys etc.

I understand that there was a display by a personal injury lawyer. If I am correct in my thinking, the OFSC runs this show. Why would they not find some way to prevent this ambulance chaser from having a space? It really doesn't make any sense to me given the millions of dollars the OFSC and their insurance companies have paid out over the years of which these lawyers take more than their share.

I skipped the Snowmobile Show this year and my wife and Inenjoyed the Cottage Life Fall Show next door. Some great Exhibitors and we were fortunate to get some great leads on refinishing our log cottage. I hear they mixed up the District Booths, likely to force attendees to walk to all areas of the building to give more exposure to some booths.

It's like that at any show... there's always the shoe shine guys and the belt and wallet guys etc.

Parking was brutal around noon on Sun'. We ended up parking in the GO lot.

Saw a booth for some Chinese newspaper  :huh:

I guess I'll have to contact D17 for a couple of their map for the database.

I understand that there was a display by a personal injury lawyer. If I am correct in my thinking, the OFSC runs this show. Why would they not find some way to prevent this ambulance chaser from having a space? It really doesn't make any sense to me given the millions of dollars the OFSC and their insurance companies have paid out over the years of which these lawyers take more than their share.

Yes I saw it as well. Ambulance chaser is a "nice" term for them.

I skipped the Snowmobile Show this year and my wife and Inenjoyed the Cottage Life Fall Show next door. Some great Exhibitors and we were fortunate to get some great leads on refinishing our log cottage. I hear they mixed up the District Booths, likely to force attendees to walk to all areas of the building to give more exposure to some booths.

The districts were in a general area but yes there were other businesses mixed in. 

Not a great idea IMO. I had a hard time finding D1, nothing really eye catching about it. When I did have it pointed out to me I said, "I walked past it earlier."  :confused:  Same w/ D17's sharing D15's booth, I saw the D15 map & chatted w/ the girl, but had no idea D17 was involved.

Easy... go to the District website, tell them you're the mouse and ask them to send you one. As long as you got D7 what more do you need anyhow.

Very Interesting the way the OFSC website is set up.  It doesn't immediately send you to a 'district'.   But cool how it works out. 

I wish I had a D7 map but Canuck took it back out of my bag when I reached over to shake your hand.  All I heard was something like, "not withstanding the generality of the foregoing" and then next thing I knew ............

The OFSC doesnt run the show, its OSM and the Kehoes who run it. Fortunately the space is donated to the OFSC and districts and we are able to have our booths.

Back when it was called " The Go Snowmobiling Show" it was the OFSC running.

District 15 / 17 had a great idea.  With their combined map package, there was a business card printed with boxes for each district that you could tick off as you collected the maps.  Unfortunately, I didn't get there until about halfway through so I still missed D1 :oops:

Yes, that was a Brilliant Idea !!!   So... I got home and used their card..  That's when I found out I must have missed a whole aisle of Districts.   Their Idea was Brilliant, Me is Not So Much Brilliant.   :wacko:

Went to the show Saturday morning with White Dragon and Lily. Before we pulled out of WD's driveway, Lily asked when we would be stopping to eat...so first on her agenda was a visit to the Pizza Pizza area.

I believe Lily was their opening sale.

attachicon.gifpizza.jpg

Later when WD wasn't looking, Lily hopped onto a nice new Arctic Cat. She liked the colours.

attachicon.gifel tigre.jpg

Next stop was the area for the OFSC District booths. Ran into Gator from Snowcrest Riders, John Massey from Muskoka Wharf Residence Inn, Greg Demarco from Muskoka Wharf Marine, and even chatted with some former students from Bracebridge Muskoka Lakes Secondary School. Checked out Wildbill's two displays, ran into TheNavigator with his better half, bought a nice Klim jacket (Cat Orange), but failed to find a tunnel bag for my ZR Cat.

Here is the District 7 crew working together: Kathy McConnell (District Administrator), Mark Reynolds (Highland Rovers VP and Groomer Man), Larry Horton (Hill and Gully President and Man-About-Town), and Bob Clarke - aka 2bsledding - (Snowcrest Riders President).

attachicon.gifdistrict 7.jpg

Wasn't able to hang around long enough to wait for Ms. and Mr. Extreme600. Also failed to find Viper at the P.E.T. booth, as he was circulating in the crowd while his associate looked after their display area. Will find these folks and many others on the trails in a few weeks....

So, speaking of District 7, how about the sledder who wants to buy more than one permit and wants to address one permit to Snowcrest, one permit to Hill and Gully and one permit to the MSR because that rider enjoys all off District 7.   It's interesting to me that even with all the attention going to the District concept that I cannot choose "MSR" in the drop down box when purchasing an on-line early bird permit. 

The districts were in a general area but yes there were other businesses mixed in. 

Not a great idea IMO. 

Agreed. The Districts should be together, much like the Quebec area as you walk in. 

It was great working the booth with 02Sled, seeing Sledjunk and Moosifer, STG,   IReverent, 2bSledding, Nunz and their spouses, Viper, Wildbill and others. 

As someone pointed out - the Ontario TOP map was missing this year.  Hoping it will arrive later this fall. 

A great buzz about sledding prevailed. Frost on the pumpkin soon.

(D7 is easy, STG. From your neck of the woods, just aim for Georgian Bay.  Best after January 1st.... :-P )

Agreed. The Districts should be together, much like the Quebec area as you walk in. 

It was great working the booth with 02Sled, seeing Sledjunk and Moosifer, STG and IReverent, 2bSledding, Viper, Wildbill and others. 

As someone pointed out - the Ontario TOP map was missing this year.  Hoping it will arrive later this fall. 

A great buzz about sledding prevailed. Frost on the pumpkin soon.

(D7 is easy, STG. From your neck of the woods, just aim for Georgian Bay.  Best after January 1st.... :-P )

I had a D7 map until you slipped it back out of my bag while distracting me with the alert that a rabid wolverine was attacking O2Sled. 

Unfortunately, that was a false.   I have to decide which would have been more entertaining.  I'll have another pail of gin and ruminate.   Speaking of bovines...................

There was also the "Everything you Want to Know About Sex" show at the International Centre. 

On Thursday night, The Indomitable MRS.STG and I sat in the Den considering my Friday Options.   

Fishing_zps8f4d4431.jpg

I was in a quandary about which show to attend and how much time to spend at either or both show. 

Should I go to the Sled Show ? I wanted all my maps.  

Should I go to the Sex Show ?  I dithered back and forth for hours.. 

What should I do, where should I go, etc, etc, etc. .... 

Finally, after much blathering on my part, the Indomitable MRS STG said,

"Would you please Go to the Sex Show, you already know how to Snowmobile"..

That's funny.

OFSC does not run the show...

Very Interesting the way the OFSC website is set up.  It doesn't immediately send you to a 'district'.   But cool how it works out. 

I wish I had a D7 map but Canuck took it back out of my bag when I reached over to shake your hand.  All I heard was something like, "not withstanding the generality of the foregoing" and then next thing I knew ............

send me an address and we will get one to you... or better yet come on over to our neck of the woods for a visit and we will get you one.... Canuck says that to a lot of people

so how was the sex show...

I hope they felt the "love" asshats 

The OFSC doesnt run the show, its OSM and the Kehoes who run it. Fortunately the space is donated to the OFSC and districts and we are able to have our booths.

Back when it was called " The Go Snowmobiling Show" it was the OFSC running.

It was the Lesters running that show it failed 

not

If you live by the sword you die by the sword and nature has a way of looking after that just be thankful those scum didn't harm innocent and thank God those scum are killing one another cops just do the report.

If you live by the sword you die by the sword and nature has a way of looking after that just be thankful those scum didn't harm innocent and thank God those scum are killing one another cops just do the report.

It took you half a month to come up with a response ? 

Archived