Days Inn not longer map sponser

Faceman

Just as an FYI Days INN Owen Sound has decline to be a D9 map sponsor this year. Pinecrest on same trail still is a strong supporter

Thanks, Faceman.

Owen Sound is a "bucket list" destination. Pinecrest it will be.

nice trails in the sound, last time i was there a few yrs ago. i seen a sled come through a road that was a swamp that was not frozen.  didn't end well for the sled lots of damage to the body panels

nice trails in the sound, last time i was there a few yrs ago. i seen a sled come through a road that was a swamp that was not frozen.  didn't end well for the sled lots of damage to the body panels

Early in the season is dangerous heading north of the sound and out markdale way. Last time I rode there got lost in a snow squall. Couldn't see anything. Got on a road to trail section and the snow was all ploughed up couldn't find the trail again. Rode the road home that night.

Met some folks in Buffalo last year (Go Bills!!) and they regularly travel from WNY to Markdale rather than Cockrane, as they did in the past. Filed that away as quite the endorsement. Heck of a ride from WNY and they stop there rather than the usual Hwy 11/Hwy 400 corridor.

Thanks for the update.  No more Days Inn for me.  Looks like Pinecrest in Owen Sound or Travellers Inn in Hanover for me!!  Love riding District 9.  That should be on everyones bucket list every year.  Seriously

Early in the season is dangerous heading north of the sound and out markdale way. Last time I rode there got lost in a snow squall. Couldn't see anything. Got on a road to trail section and the snow was all ploughed up couldn't find the trail again. Rode the road home that night.

LMAO reading that one.  OMG that happened to the hubby and I a few years back.  Left Owen Sound and decided to try the feeder trails on our way back to Gravenhurst.   Gassed up near Meaford had breakfast and decided to hit the feeder trails, we were as far as Collingwood and saw Blue Mountain (front side of it) crossed a road got totally screwed up cause the snow plow just went through and we had to go over a 7' bank jumped on the road where I saw some sled marks and followed it to the next trail.  After riding for two MORE hours we ended up back in Meaford.  LMAO  decided to top up the gas and our bellies.  Changed our 170 mile ride that day into a 220 mile ride.  Couldn't believe it!!!  Thoroughly enjoyed it though. 

LMAO reading that one.  OMG that happened to the hubby and I a few years back.  Left Owen Sound and decided to try the feeder trails on our way back to Gravenhurst.   Gassed up near Meaford had breakfast and decided to hit the feeder trails, we were as far as Collingwood and saw Blue Mountain (front side of it) crossed a road got totally screwed up cause the snow plow just went through and we had to go over a 7' bank jumped on the road where I saw some sled marks and followed it to the next trail.  After riding for two MORE hours we ended up back in Meaford.  LMAO  decided to top up the gas and our bellies.  Changed our 170 mile ride that day into a 220 mile ride.  Couldn't believe it!!!  Thoroughly enjoyed it though. 

Why is this not surprising to me lolololololol...

It was the "gassing up" in Meaford that did it!

Did a ride from KW to the Sound last year and back.Great ride for the bucket list Canuck

New Best Western in Walkerton. Trying to figure out trail in requirements

We have friends in Flesherton. They aren't sledders but usually once a year we spend a weekend with them. We ride during the day and then go to dinner with them and visit for the evening. Best deal in town. Free accomodation and free breakfast with safe parking for the truck and trailer. I even get to visit my boat since I store it inside one of the buildings on their farm property that they don't actually farm.

Enjoyed the trails and even managed to find our way to Lake Eugenia....and Walters Falls

220 mile day ??   Knowing how U2 ride, you were probably done by noon !      :D

• 2 years later...

Days Inn in Owen Sound is now Quality Inn and is a sponsor. Good access trail to main trail at the end of the street. Sledder specials available. Not advertised, but good to know, is that motel has drive up rooms - 100 series on west side of the building. Pool, whirl pool, restaurant on site (check open hours as closed during parts of the day)

Some people come here and sleep in when good sledding time is passing them  by......

5a5202145d3e3_IMG_2887(Medium).thumb.JPG.8a4edd70706cdfc7c2b3b63e602ee9ec.JPG

Archived