The Election or The Weather?

dweese

To each his own.  I did ride Family Day weekend and it was cold.  The muffs are easily removable when the temps are not extreme.  The best gloves I have ever had were a pair of 3 in 1's from Princess Auto that were $30.

As I said, to each his own.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$35 gloves won't cut it in -35...my FXR gloves barely did the trick on that family day weekend and that was only because my hand warmers failed on me. If I had $35 or even $50 pair of gloves on I would've been toast! gotta have the good gear! If guys can spend thousands on a sled they should be able to afford good warm gear.

Leather would be better! Everybody has their own setup and way of doing things. I would just buy good $100 gloves instead of buying let's say $50 gloves and $50 hand protectors...

I have had good gloves and my hand/fingers haven't typically been a problem. On occasion it has been the throttle thumb which is out there all on it's own.

$100!! Wow! The most I ever paid for gloves was when I stupidly left my gloves on the drying shelf in the garage and went to Sudbury to sled.

Luckily Royal was close to the hotel and I had

to buy new ones for about $50. My limit is

usually around $35 for a pair of gloves.

JMO

We have three pairs of the leather FXR gloves. My dad won't ride without them. They are pricey but warm. Barely ever need the handle bar warmers on high anymore. They break in nice and comfort and control is good. Have to get the leather ones though.

My middle finger & pointer finger on the brake side usually get cold first because I always have them resting on the aluminum brake lever.

I have had good gloves and my hand/fingers haven't typically been a problem. On occasion it has been the throttle thumb which is out there all on it's own.

That doesn't seem to be an issue with the FXR leather mitts. They are warm, have strings at the end to close them tight after putting them on. If you have a low windshield hand guards help to deflect cold air. I have a high windshield and most days I keep the warmers on low so my hands don't sweat.

We have three pairs of the leather FXR gloves. My dad won't ride without them. They are pricey but warm. Barely ever need the handle bar warmers on high anymore. They break in nice and comfort and control is good. Have to get the leather ones though.

My next pair will be the leather ones forsure!

You need to promote circulation by working that throttle thumb back and forth a bit, rather than holding it to the bar all the time.

You need to promote circulation by working that throttle thumb back and forth a bit, rather than holding it to the bar all the time.

Blake, that sounds like White Dragon and Bill you are talking about...lol

I know.

They joke about using duct tape.

I think I heard of one of the newer sled models where the throttle lever can be rotated forward and become a pull rather than a push. If that is the case it would be the fingers rather than the thumb.

I think I heard of one of the newer sled models where the throttle lever can be rotated forward and become a pull rather than a push. If that is the case it would be the fingers rather than the thumb.

My Ski Doo Ace has that.  Your thumb still seems to be away from the heat in the bars so it can get cold. It is a hole different way of riding. When you get a sudden "jolt" you tend to grab the bars and then accelerate instead of backing off. Probably OK for some riders since I am sure BRP did their homework.  Just my two cents  02

My middle finger & pointer finger on the brake side usually get cold first because I always have them resting on the aluminum brake lever.

That is my problem too. I try and get my fingers back on the bars when I can but my middle finger seems to find its way to that cold aluminum lever. Oh and BTW that finger has been broken so you can only imagine the poor circulation.  Often thought that it would be nice to get some heat there.

braap braap braap that iswhy the kids with the pipes do it 

That is my problem too. I try and get my fingers back on the bars when I can but my middle finger seems to find its way to that cold aluminum lever. Oh and BTW that finger has been broken so you can only imagine the poor circulation.  Often thought that it would be nice to get some heat there.

Just when I get them on the bars to try and heat up, they're back on the lever again. Lol

I did break down and bought $100 Reima leather gloves since my hands do get cold fast. They broke in so nice and were so comfortable. They did not have the string on the ends so air probably still got in. My hands still did get cold so I used muffs. They got wore thru so I grabbed an older pair of Reimas with leather palms and the string. Use Ski Doo muffs ( they look pretty good and fit well) and don't care what people think. It's cold and my hands aren't.

I bought a thumb warmer kit for like $20 or so from Royal, and put it on my brake lever, with some shrink wrap.  Worked pretty good for keeping those fingers that like to ride on the brake lever a little warmer.

I bought a thumb warmer kit for like $20 or so from Royal, and put it on my brake lever, with some shrink wrap.  Worked pretty good for keeping those fingers that like to ride on the brake lever a little warmer.

Good idea!  Did it need trimmingand how well does it stay attached?  I assume it is a 'stick on'?

Good idea!  Did it need trimmingand how well does it stay attached?  I assume it is a 'stick on'?

Could you use some of the rubber shrink tube they use for electrical wire to hold it on the brake lever.

necessity is the mother of invention

Great!

atv kit with shrink tube 

yeah, that what I did, you could hardly tell it was there Just a little bulge of black shrink wrap on the black brake lever.  Worked quite well.  I'll be adding it again to my new sled coming this fall.

yeah, that what I did, you could hardly tell it was there Just a little bulge of black shrink wrap on the black brake lever.  Worked quite well.  I'll be adding it again to my new sled coming this fall.

Getting old there Fishie

yes sir I sure am.  But about 15 years ago I developed some kind of circulation issue that leave my feet and hands always cold.  Almost gave up the sport until I found Gerbings heated gloves.  Gauntlets for the cold days, but still had that brake finger issue, so this helped solve that. 

And just for the record, I think you might have a few years on me ;)

And just for the record, I think you might have a few years on me ;)

I think we should leave that to our mothers for discussion.

Archived