New Sudbury area trail access

SudburyMatt

Hoping to catch a few Sudbury folks on here that are familiar with trail Access in the New Sudbury area.

Without loading my sled on to a truck or trailer how can I access the trails safety and properly from the Woodbine Ave area? I see the pole line is gated/chained off to get to Maley Dr area.

This is my first season living here.

Also does the trail still go to the end of Barrydowne at Maley?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Matt.

I jumped on this thinking there was a new way to access the trails, but, unfortunately, I cannot help.  There are a few Sudbury folks on here that probably can, though.

Hi Matt. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Sorry about the confusion sledjunk the whole "New Sudbury" area thing gets quite a few non-locals. :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

Sorry about the confusion sledjunk the whole "New Sudbury" area thing gets quite a few non-locals. :)

Sled junk is just pulling your chin strap! Welcome to the forum and have a safe long season up there.

To clarify.  I love riding the Sudbury area but have found that accommodations with restaurants that have trail access are difficult to find.  We usually stay at either Chateau Guay or Moonlight, but the access can be spotty depending on weather and water conditions, from what I have seen.

When I saw New Sudbury trail access, I thought maybe there was a new place with restaurant and trail access.

Hopefully, some new places will open up or at least be mentioned.

Hi SudburyMatt - I am from Sudbury (so is Zoso) I have never tried to access from Woodine and it might be difficult by sled. The trail is north of the end of Barrydown past Maley and goes East and west in that area. The trail on the east end of Maley has many sleds that access toward the east behind Garson.

As for places to stay other than the two mentioned the Pinoeer opened in the south end of the city (it is the old Brockdan and is renovated with a new owner - he is to open a restaurant in it this year (not sure how close the restaurant is to being open) The trail passes right through the parking lot.(also the groomer staging area)

If you live on Woodbine I would suggest you go to one of the NBSS club meetings - they are held in the STP office the 1st Wed of the month at 7 pm - f these members could give you a hand on how to get out if it is possible from the area you are in on Woodbine.

I did notice the Pioneer and if they open a restaurant, it will certainly fit in with my requirements.  I realize that there are restaurants relatively nearby (5 corners), but after a day of sledding, I really do not want to think about driving to a restaurant.  Of course, with a group, a couple of cabs might work but you still have the breakfast issue.  I will keep checking on the Pioneer site for updates.

Thanks for the replies! That helps. I'm towards the end of woodbine so a quick run down part of the roadway shouldn't be a problem.

I guess now that the water areas along the pole line will most likely be frozen I can take a walk back there and map out for myself which trail connects me over to Barrydowne/Maley.

Thanks for the replies! That helps. I'm towards the end of woodbine so a quick run down part of the roadway shouldn't be a problem.

I guess now that the water areas along the pole line will most likely be frozen I can take a walk back there and map out for myself which trail connects me over to Barrydowne/Maley.

Hope this helps.

Here is another way to get on the trail D towards Chemmy the valley or back into the garson area.Odd are you will find these trails broken as soon as there is enough snow. We ride weekdays as well as weekends, if you are looking to ride let me know.

Zoso, we will be up your way for a couple of days early February, Hope to get out a go for a ride with you guys!!

Cheers

Uh oh.

Zoso has a drone.

:-P

Archived