Fines for no permit

Sasquatch777

I've noticed in my area they are on patrol the first couple weeks trails are open during week and even evenings then about middle of january they dissapear expect to see them on weekends on rail trails and main intersections exclusively

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed in my area they are on patrol the first couple weeks trails are open during week and even evenings then about middle of january they dissapear expect to see them on weekends on rail trails and main intersections exclusively

In 5 years of riding locally in D9, D5 I have never seen a trail patrol.

A large % of the clubs in the Golden Triangle Snowmobile Ass'n. are served by the Waterloo Regional Police Force. In the past the WRP have leased 2 sleds for the season and have officers trained to ride by our Trail Patrol. The GTSA has provided helmets, suits boots and accessories for the Police Patrol. Unfortunately cutbacks have limited the number of times/hours the officers get out but they do patrols and if on the weekend they stop in at the clubhouses and they also do stops in conjunction with our trail patrol.

Between the 12 clubs in the GTSA, Les Bauman (head of trail patrol) arranges for at least one club to do a patrol blitz each weekend day of the sled season. As well the individual club trail patrol do their normal patrols all season. Last season,(not including family day weekend) I only found 2 sleds that didn't have permits displayed and they both had permits. This tells me that our Police / Trail Patrol efforts in the GTSA are paying off.

A large % of the clubs in the Golden Triangle Snowmobile Ass'n. are served by the Waterloo Regional Police Force. In the past the WRP have leased 2 sleds for the season and have officers trained to ride by our Trail Patrol. The GTSA has provided helmets, suits boots and accessories for the Police Patrol. Unfortunately cutbacks have limited the number of times/hours the officers get out but they do patrols and if on the weekend they stop in at the clubhouses and they also do stops in conjunction with our trail patrol.

Between the 12 clubs in the GTSA, Les Bauman (head of trail patrol) arranges for at least one club to do a patrol blitz each weekend day of the sled season. As well the individual club trail patrol do their normal patrols all season. Last season,(not including family day weekend) I only found 2 sleds that didn't have permits displayed and they both had permits. This tells me that our Police / Trail Patrol efforts in the GTSA are paying off.

That's great!!  Good relations between the clubs and local PF.

Thank you for sharing that, PLC. Sounds as though you guys have freeloading under control.

Archived