The Fat lady is backstage about to step out.

dweese

We could be in too our last week around here. With warm weather and rain cutting across most of the south today and the rest of the week, could see a lot of trails south of Hwy7 start to flip to yellow or red by the weekend, might last until next week, but the weather forcast really flips after Monday, showing up to +6 with overnight lows still above zero.

We rode the county Friday, and north to E108 to Campbellford on Sunday, and things were starting to become spotty, road crossing are becoming wider. Open fields are starting to show some dark spots, which on sunny days will really pull the sun in and well cook what snow is left.

Stuck on midnight shift right now, with my next day off being Monday. So looking at pulling the sled north towards Bancroft area for one last kick at the can early next week.. Would really like to ride one day in April if I can, without having to trailer for hours first mind you. I'm well passed my annual 1000km goal for the season. So anything more is just bonus at the point.

She's backstage, but I'm hoping she stops for a while to tie her shoes, before stepping in front of the curtain.

we have nothing to complain about this winter has been awesome

I am behind on my construction project! Two feet of snow on the site, need to bull doze next week! Hopefully we can dig following week to put footings in!

we have nothing to complain about this winter has been awesome

Yup I agree, however all good things must come to an end :(

It was a great year, sorry guys but I think Ive had enough. Riding is done down here and I cant get another trip in, then I took the bike out for a spin yesterday and that got me wanting some warmer weather, or at least less ice on the road, I hate the in between season.

I know it would be different if I could still ride here, but now its down to getting the bike out and maybe looking for a new sled :hyper:

Cheers, Todd

Sorry, I am not done yet.  Our trails are now limited but that just means it is time to trailer.

Parry Sound this weekend and who knows where next!

X2 Sledjunk...at least a few more rides,,soon but not yet..

Everyday I drive from Barrie to Huntsville and I still get happy when I see the trail alongside Hwy 11 around Port Sydney...

Sorry, I am not done yet.  Our trails are now limited but that just means it is time to trailer.

Parry Sound this weekend and who knows where next!

Are you taking the Vector to see what its got....over at Horseshoe radar runs :shock:

Well, the Radar Run was part of the decision for Parry Sound.  But really it was, "If my shoulder hurts to bad to ride, I can go kill time at the Radar Run while the other guys ride."

If all goes well, we 'might' stop by for a burger at lunch, if that is where our Saturday loop takes us.

I really need to make up for lost time if I have any hope of making my mileage milestone.

Well, the Radar Run was part of the decision for Parry Sound. But really it was, "If my shoulder hurts to bad to ride, I can go kill time at the Radar Run while the other guys ride."

If all goes well, we 'might' stop by for a burger at lunch, if that is where our Saturday loop takes us.

I really need to make up for lost time if

I have any hope of making my mileage

milestone.

Mileage milestone. The amount of miles doesn't equal the enjoyment that I get out of a sled! Take it easy and enjoy getting out, even if it is only for 120kms or so. No sense killing yourself. I ended up with 700kms less then last year, since I spent an extra 50 hours blowing snow! Next year I am aiming for 10,000kms!

Nice!

chaincase bearing went in my sled a couple weeks ago. Went to Cuba for a week, came back and there is still lots of snow.

Bought a 2011 GSX 1200 this week, and want to ride more, a lot more!

Mileage milestone. The amount of miles doesn't equal the enjoyment that I get out of a sled!

Part of my enjoyment of sledding is trying to estimate at the beginning of the season how many Km I can cover in the season.  Meeting or exceeding that target gives me a feeling of satisfaction.  It is just one of the metrics that I use to compare seasons.

At the beginning of the season, the odometer read 11674.  I had promised my daughter my hand me down sled once I hit 20000.  With the season shaping up nicely early on and some extra vacation time lined up, I figured that it would be interesting to try to hit that goal this year.  It was a daunting challenge, made even more so after my injury a couple of weeks ago.  At this point, I still have 3003 Km to go.:-(

I enjoy every minute of riding, but generally hate actually getting dressed to go out.  As a result, when I go out, I like to make the trip as long as possible.  When I trailer, I feel that I need to rack up significant miles to make the best use of the tow vehicle fuel.

I ended up with 700kms less then last year, since I spent an extra 50 hours blowing smoke! Next year I am aiming for 10,000kms!

Good luck with that!

4600 kms this year so far. only 30 hrs on the tractor blowing snow. The fat lady got some serious stage-fright around here , lots of snow for Sat AM and just another great week end of riding

LIVIN'

Ahh the powers of being a MOD. I had to re-read 3 times but I see it!!!

Awesome SJ just awesome.

LIVIN'

Archived